Windows 10: System disk not seen in THIS PC

Discus and support System disk not seen in THIS PC in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; It does show in Disk Management. My concern is that SAVE AS does not allow me access to locations on the HDD when C:\ is not shown. It is obviously... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Sebastian42, Jan 13, 2021.

1. System disk not seen in THIS PC

It does show in Disk Management. My concern is that SAVE AS does not allow me access to locations on the HDD when C:\ is not shown. It is obviously being accessed because the PC is running, yet does not show ! x32Win10ProV20H2

:)

Sebastian42, Jan 13, 2021

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Jan 13, 2021
  3. System disk not seen in THIS PC

Could you provide a screenshot of what you do see in disk management? My suspicion is that you simply don't have a drive letter assigned. If the "Boot" partition does not show a drive letter, then you want to assign a letter to it as illustrated below. Note that in that illustration my partition already has the letter C: assigned to it.

System disk not seen in THIS PC [​IMG]

hsehestedt, Jan 13, 2021
  4. System disk not seen in THIS PC

System disk not seen in THIS PC

Hi,
    This is a 20H2 thing I just didn't force access as you did
    Had the same deal yesterday on a 500gb sammy evo data ssd
    Wasn't listed in optimize disks
    Disk management showed no contents but did show the ssd
    Free mini tool did show correct data used/ free amount.

Put it in a 1909 machine all was good.
    Restored a system image on the other machine to 1909 all good.

ThrashZone, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

System disk not seen in THIS PC

1. System disk not seen in THIS PC - Similar Threads - System disk

2. How do I combine a disk that was used for system backup into one disk?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I combine a disk that was used for system backup into one disk?: I have s dis that was used for a System Backup and I want to remove all Recovery partitions and make one diskI know how to extend partitions, but I have no Idea what must be done in this instance to make one Basic Data Partition. Any help would be greatly ap-preciated....
  3. How do I combine a disk that was used for system backup into one disk?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I combine a disk that was used for system backup into one disk?: I have s dis that was used for a System Backup and I want to remove all Recovery partitions and make one diskI know how to extend partitions, but I have no Idea what must be done in this instance to make one Basic Data Partition. Any help would be greatly ap-preciated....
  4. System disk appeared in Safely Remove Hardware

System disk appeared in Safely Remove Hardware: Dear Sir, lately i noticed that my system disk appeared in safely remove hardware and eject media.Laptop is Asus Vivobook ,OS Windows 11.Can you help me to solve this problem.Thanks in advance. Lado Grzan Croatia...
  5. System disk appeared in Safely Remove Hardware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System disk appeared in Safely Remove Hardware: Dear Sir, lately i noticed that my system disk appeared in safely remove hardware and eject media.Laptop is Asus Vivobook ,OS Windows 11.Can you help me how to solve this problem.Thanks in advance. Lado Grzan Croatia...
  6. How do you install an operating system on a hard disk on a laptop that says "Boot device...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you install an operating system on a hard disk on a laptop that says "Boot device...: Good day. I tried updating my laptop and suddenly it started jamming and then it turned itself off. When I tried turning it on it said "Boot device not found. Please install an operating system on your hard disk ". I was advised that I should replace my SSD with a new one and...
  7. How do you install an operating system on a hard disk on a laptop that says "Boot device...

How do you install an operating system on a hard disk on a laptop that says "Boot device...: Good day. I tried updating my laptop and suddenly it started jamming and then it turned itself off. When I tried turning it on it said "Boot device not found. Please install an operating system on your hard disk ". I was advised that I should replace my SSD with a new one and...
  8. Moving system disk to new hardware, linking a license to ms account when using a domain...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Moving system disk to new hardware, linking a license to ms account when using a domain...: Hi there.I have a couple of questions regarding moving my system disk to new hardware and I have not been able to find clear answers in the jungle of Microsoft licensing.Background:My pc is currenly running windows 10 pro but is too old to run windows 11 pro. It is originaly...
  9. Moving system disk to new hardware, linking a license to ms account when using a domain...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving system disk to new hardware, linking a license to ms account when using a domain...: Hi there.I have a couple of questions regarding moving my system disk to new hardware and I have not been able to find clear answers in the jungle of Microsoft licensing.Background:My pc is currenly running windows 10 pro but is too old to run windows 11 pro. It is originaly...
  10. Moving system disk to new hardware, linking a license to ms account when using a domain...