Windows 10: System do not wake up by mouse movements

Discus and support System do not wake up by mouse movements in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Window-10 1903 Under power options my settings are Screen When plugged in ,turn off after 10 minutes. Sleep when plugged in, PC goes to sleep... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Dr. Abdul Rasheed. K., Sep 8, 2019.

1. System do not wake up by mouse movements

Window-10 1903

Under power options my settings are

Screen

When plugged in ,turn off after 10 minutes.

Sleep

when plugged in, PC goes to sleep after 30 minutes.

The system used to wake up with a simple mouse movement. But, now it does not ????

device manager:

Under mouse and Key board > power management - Allow this device to wake up the computer is ticked.

Still OC do not wakw up.

lease advise.

:)

Dr. Abdul Rasheed. K., Sep 8, 2019

2. Windows wakes from sleep upon mouse movement

Hello,

suddenly my Win10 started to turn on my PC on mouse movement. I haven't changed any options in Win10, and have neer experienced this in any Win versions. So far I have tried this:

- went to Device manager, right-clicked Mouse and other pointing devices, right-clicked mouse for properties/power management and finally un-ticked "Allow this device to wake my computer" (which by the way I have never ticked).

This ofcourse didn't work, what else to do ??

My mouse is Logitech wireless Marathon mouse m705.

Thanks in advance !

Win10 starts on mouse movement- Original Title

LukaCiglar, Sep 8, 2019
  3. Hibernate waking up on mouse movement

i decided to test if hibernate would startup similar to shutdown (semi recently fan is being loud after semi long use, sleep is like it not turning off at all but shutdown it stays quiet longer, seeing if it would be quiet in hibernate like shutdown) but
    for some reason when i move my mouse it wakes it up...

when its in sleep id expect that mouse/keyboard signals to wake it up but when i hibernate id expect it to be a requirement for me to press the power button to start it again...

only noticeable difference between them is that the power button blinks when its in sleep mode and in hibernate it shows the initial screen with the F2 for bios thing... no other noticeable changes...

does anyone know why it acts this way? from memory it went into hibernate and required the power button to be hit but not sure

EDIT: just for usefulness: im on an acer pc (not laptop) and bios mode is uefi

EDIT 2: fixing it means that sleep doesnt get affected (aka still wakes up by external source like mouse movement) while hibernate does (not waking up by external changes other than hitting the power button) as both options are useful for me

NuclearSlayer52, Sep 8, 2019
  4. Aaron_Sum Win User

System do not wake up by mouse movements

Microsoft Ergonomic Sculpt Mouse - Quick Movements Cause Incorrect Movements

Hi,

Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community.

Please confirm the following things for me.

1. What is the make and model of your system?
    2. Was there any major change on your system prior to which you were able to use the mouse without any issues?
    3. Does the issue with the mouse occur when it is used on a different system?

I would suggest you to update the driver for your mouse under ‘Mice and other pointing devices’. You can follow the steps in this article on ‘Update
    drivers in Windows 10
    ’ and uninstall the mouse driver.

Please visit this link to download and install the driver for your ‘Sculpt Ergonomic Mouse’.
    Kindly restart the system and check if this worked out for you.

Hope it helps.

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Aaron_Sum, Sep 8, 2019
Thema:

System do not wake up by mouse movements

1. System do not wake up by mouse movements - Similar Threads - System wake mouse

2. PC will not wake up with mouse movement?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC will not wake up with mouse movement?: When PC goes to sleep mode, mouse movement will not wake up the PC. It was working previously. Restore did not fix it. Also, the stereo output is not providing sound to the bass system in other words, windows 11 did not find my stereo system even when on....
  3. PC will not wake up with mouse movement?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC will not wake up with mouse movement?: When PC goes to sleep mode, mouse movement will not wake up the PC. It was working previously. Restore did not fix it. Also, the stereo output is not providing sound to the bass system in other words, windows 11 did not find my stereo system even when on....
  4. Windows no longer wakes up from mouse movement or keyboard stroke

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows no longer wakes up from mouse movement or keyboard stroke: Dell Inspiron. Running Windows 11 with the latest update.My PC no longer wakes from sleep mode when I move the mouse or strike a key on my keyboard. I am using Logitech mouse and keyboard. I have gone into device management and changed the power settings instructing windows...
  5. Windows no longer wakes up from mouse movement or keyboard stroke

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows no longer wakes up from mouse movement or keyboard stroke: Dell Inspiron. Running Windows 11 with the latest update.My PC no longer wakes from sleep mode when I move the mouse or strike a key on my keyboard. I am using Logitech mouse and keyboard. I have gone into device management and changed the power settings instructing windows...
  6. Limit Mouse Movement in Two Monitor System

in Windows 10 Support
    Limit Mouse Movement in Two Monitor System: I have a two-monitor system. The monitors are setup such that the primary monitor is on the right. I rarely use the secondary monitor, so it is off most of the time. When the left (secondary) monitor is off, Windows lets the mouse fly off the screen (to the right.) I would...
  7. Mouse movement causes system crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse movement causes system crash: - When in safe mode, mouse + keyboard functionality works perfectly but when out of safe mode, the system is stuck in reboot mode with the slightest movement of the mouse. - Also when I'm not in the safe mood I am able to use the keyboard for long periods of time with no...
  8. How to stop mouse movement from waking the computer?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to stop mouse movement from waking the computer?: I don't want my computer to wake from Sleep when the mouse is moved. I went to Computer Management > Device Manager > Mice > HID-compliant mouse > Properties > Power Management and unchecked "Allow this device to wake the computer". However moving the mouse still wakes the...
  9. Mouse Movement

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse Movement: I am having unwanted mouse movement, specifically when trying to manage files. I'll select a file in a folder and then find the mouse has returned me to the top of the folder and the selected file (still selected) is off the screen.....
  10. Hibernate waking up on mouse movement

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hibernate waking up on mouse movement: i decided to test if hibernate would startup similar to shutdown (semi recently fan is being loud after semi long use, sleep is like it not turning off at all but shutdown it stays quiet longer, seeing if it would be quiet in hibernate like shutdown) but for some reason when...