Windows 10: System Documents folder is recovery

Discus and support System Documents folder is recovery in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was trying to change the location of My Documents folder to the Local E: drive but after relocating it, I can't find it or my User folder. I tried to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by EphremShimels, Sep 4, 2021.

1. System Documents folder is recovery

I was trying to change the location of My Documents folder to the Local E: drive but after relocating it, I can't find it or my User folder. I tried to restore it back to its default location but the folder now appears as the Local E drive folder and not as Documents. All of the content of the folder have been lost.How can I restore the folder to its default location? And is it possible to recover the files in that folder?Any advice or help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

:)

EphremShimels, Sep 4, 2021

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Sep 4, 2021
  3. Multiple 'Documents' folders under 'This PC'

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

This may happen if one the “documents” folder has been stored on different target location.

Follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1

I suggest that you check both the folders location where they are saved using the below method:

• Right-click on any one documents folder and then click Properties.

• Click the Location tab, click Restore Default, and then click Apply and OK.

• Check what happens, try these step on all the documents folder.
    Method 2

If the above step fails then try checking the target location of both the folders by using the find target option:

• Right-click on any one documents folder and then click Properties.

• Click the Location tab, click Find target.

• Check where the target location of both the folders is and check if any one goes to the user name location and later delete the one which goes to wrong location.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Sep 4, 2021
  4. Micah Bat Win User

System Documents folder is recovery

Documents/Pictures folders under 'This PC' refer to onedrive - not the local folders

Since the only folder that has incorrect file path is the Documents folder under This PC, we would suggest you do the same steps provided above. However, do it in your Documents folder under This PC. To do so, kindly follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer
    • Click This PC
    • Right-click on Documents
    • Click Properties
    • Click Location
    • Click Restore Default
    • Click Apply
    • Click OK
    Also, we would like to inform you that "winhelponline.com" is not associated with Microsoft.

Let us know how it goes.

Micah Bat, Sep 4, 2021
Thema:

System Documents folder is recovery

1. System Documents folder is recovery - Similar Threads - System Documents folder

2. Merged Downloads and Documents system folders.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Merged Downloads and Documents system folders.: I was trying to clear up some space on my SSD C: and move my Documents, Pictures, Videos and Downloads system folders to my HDD D:.First of all I moved the documents folder loosely to my D drive Properties > Location > Move > HDD > Apply. It worked, but I didn't want the...
  3. Merged Downloads and Documents system folders.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Merged Downloads and Documents system folders.: I was trying to clear up some space on my SSD C: and move my Documents, Pictures, Videos and Downloads system folders to my HDD D:.First of all I moved the documents folder loosely to my D drive Properties > Location > Move > HDD > Apply. It worked, but I didn't want the...
  4. Merged Downloads and Documents system folders.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Documents folder inside Documents folder

Documents folder inside Documents folder: A question identical or similar to this was raised in 2021 on this forum but I don't quite understand the advice that was given then. I have this annoying setup on my system, which I seem to have had ever since Windows 7 came along: In the right pane of File Explorer the...
  6. Documents folder inside Documents folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Documents folder inside Documents folder: A question identical or similar to this was raised in 2021 on this forum but I don't quite understand the advice that was given then. I have this annoying setup on my system, which I seem to have had ever since Windows 7 came along: In the right pane of File Explorer the...
  7. Documents folder inside Documents folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Document Recovery

Document Recovery: How do I recover docs that were deleted from Downloads? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/document-recovery/ed35c7de-f721-4eea-91bf-a936d9d50652
  9. Documents recovery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Documents recovery: Mistakenly deleted my Documents - can the be recovered? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/documents-recovery/41005c67-e6dc-4e57-95dc-604f5aaa5c52
  10. Document Recovery

Document Recovery: Hello, I am trying to recover a document. Unfortunately, I have not worked on this document in a little while, so it is not in my most recent section. It was a precious story I was writing and I wanted to finally get back to it. I do not remember the file name but I believe...