Windows 10: System doesn't boot up after chkdsk /f

Discus and support System doesn't boot up after chkdsk /f in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Ok so I bought a new ssd and wanted to clone the stuff I had on the HDD onto the SSD using MiniTool. While cloning the error:23 occured and it got... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/tozzo4316, Dec 23, 2019.

1. System doesn't boot up after chkdsk /f

Ok so I bought a new ssd and wanted to clone the stuff I had on the HDD onto the SSD using MiniTool. While cloning the error:23 occured and it got stuck in a loop, so I restarted the pc. I checked on the web and it said to run the command chkdsk /r which made my system restart and when the process completed some of my stuff disappeared. Like "cannot access desktop directory damaged or unreadable" so I searched it up and it says to run the chkdsk /f command. And here I am stuck when I restart the system is stuck at the Acer logo and the loading dots freezes. Is there a way to fix this?

submitted by /u/tozzo4316
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/tozzo4316, Dec 23, 2019
  2. Jelo Sen Win User

chkdsk c: /F

It might be an error on the drive. We suggests that you follow the troubleshooting steps below:

• Run Disk Cleanup utility to clear your junk files.
    • Open an elevated CMD type sfc /scannow and hit Enter to run the System File Checker.
    • Once the scan is completed, restart your computer. Remember to exit ChkDsk
      during boot.
    • Next, again open CMD as admin type
      Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
      and hit Enter to repair the Windows image.
    • Now see if ChkDsk able to complete the scan.

Note: Before doing the steps, make sure you save a back up of your files.

Let us know how it goes.

Jelo Sen, Dec 23, 2019
  3. Jelo Sen Win User
    chkdsk c: /F

We appreciate the response. I'm referring to Check Disk (chkdsk) utility tool. If you haven't tried yet, we suggest that you run a chkdsk by:

• Press Windows Key + X button to bring up the power user menu.
    • In the power user menu, select the Command Prompt (Admin) option.Click Yes when you are presented with a UAC window requesting permission to launch the Command Prompt as Administrator.
    • In the new Command Prompt window, type chkdsk E: /f /r /x. Here you should replace E with your drive letter.
    This option will run chkdsk to check and repair disk errors in Windows 10. The “/f” parameter tells CHKDSK to fix any errors it finds; “/r” tells it to locate the bad sectors on the drive and recover readable information; “/x” forces the drive to dismount
    before the process starts.

Keep us updated with the result.

Jelo Sen, Dec 23, 2019
  4. System doesn't boot up after chkdsk /f

Chkdsk /f

Hi,

The error message "Windows cannot run disk checking on this volume because it is write protected." is usually occurring if there is a write protection tab on your hard drive or the partition file system is corrupted or damaged due to malware infection or
    other unknown reasons.

For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build and edition of Windows 10 is installed on your computer?
    • What changes have you made to the device before this issue occurred?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest entering the command chkdsk E: /f /r /x in Command Prompt. Take note that you should replace
    E with the drive letter for your PC's hard drive or USB drive. Once done, check if the same issue persists.

Important: While performing chkdsk on the hard drive, if any bad sectors are found when chkdsk tries to repair that sector, any data available on it might be lost.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Darleen Pen, Dec 23, 2019
Thema:

System doesn't boot up after chkdsk /f

1. System doesn't boot up after chkdsk /f - Similar Threads - System doesn't boot

2. chkdsk /f /r problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    chkdsk /f /r problem: I run the chkdsk /f /r it checks the c: drive then it accidentally turn off when I turn it back on its a blue screen I try everything it doesn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chkdsk-f-r-problem/e8cb42cb-d44e-43da-8c8f-3e7004d7f444
  3. Chkdsk F: /f

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chkdsk F: /f: Convert lost chains to files Y N? It's solve by Y. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chkdsk-f-f/1c30a2d4-ecb2-48b0-9dbc-6c2a0df6caf5
  4. Chkdsk F: /f

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chkdsk F: /f: Convert lost chains to files Y N? It's solve by Y. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chkdsk-f-f/1c30a2d4-ecb2-48b0-9dbc-6c2a0df6caf5
  5. Chkdsk /f Stuck

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Chkdsk /f Stuck: Hi,Recently, my Lenovo E590 laptop has been sluggish. I have run an antivirus scan with nothing reported and also a sfcscannow with nothing reported. However, when I ran DISM /restorehealth, it reported two Attribute Record corrupt file segments. Then I ran chkdsk/f and it...
  6. System crashes after run CHKDSK /f /r /x

System crashes after run CHKDSK /f /r /x: today, 2nd time run CHKDSK /f /r /x .. after long time - didn't run it; & detected for sure PROBLEMS - 5x consequent crashes with Blue Screen; .. as it was all the time - some hardware issue; notebook ASUS X550CC, end January 2014, in Utilities until it runs; .. have...
  7. chkdsk/f command

in Windows 10 Customization
    chkdsk/f command: Hello Microsoft. In 1976 I started writing computer software programs at Shasta College. That was prior to Microsoft or Apple. I was required to write an operating system for a desktop personal computer. That was before the contest that Bill Gates, and Steve Jobs, and...
  8. CHKDSK /f or /r not running

CHKDSK /f or /r not running: Hi peps. I need a little help here the chkdsk command /f and /r and also I tried /x but all I get Scanning and Repairing. Its working on my Desktop PC but its working on my Laptop both Windows 10 Verson 2004. I have looked at the Registry Editer and looked at BootExecute...
  9. chkdsk /f Errors

chkdsk /f Errors: Hey, I was getting this repair drive error from a few days, I started it and forced shut down a few times my mistake. But today I have to do it cause device performance was really slow. I am currently in safe mode and did chkdsk D: /f, it is currently displaying ETA: 9hr...
  10. System won't boot up after chkdsk /f help

System won't boot up after chkdsk /f help: Ok so I bought a new ssd and wanted to clone the stuff I had on the HDD onto the SSD using MiniTool. While cloning the error:23 occured and it got stuck in a loop, so I restarted the pc. I checked on the web and it said to run the command chkdsk /r which made my system...