Windows 10: System doesn’t have any USB boot option error in Windows 10

Discus and support System doesn’t have any USB boot option error in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]When trying to reinstall the Windows 10 operating system on a computer, or boot from an installation media, some users have seen an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Mar 12, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

System doesn’t have any USB boot option error in Windows 10

WinClub, Mar 12, 2019

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Mar 12, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    How does Windows boot to advanced recovery option e.g. command prompt?

- that gives me a 454 'Unexpected error' This tells me that the BCD is partially corrupted.

The commands: shutdown.exe /r /o /f /t 00
    or: %SystemRoot%\System32\Cmd.exe /c reagentc /boottore&shutdown /r /f /t 00
    should boot into Recovery if everything is configured correctly.
    FYI, If Windows is configured correctly:
    1. If Reagentc is disabled, you still can get into Recovery but with limited options.
    2. If Reagentc is enabled, you'll get all options.
    3. If you boot Windows using Recovery USB stick, You'll get into Recovery with couple of options missing.

Here's my suggestion if you want to try:
    OPTION 1: Will save the trouble of re-install Windows.

1. Download the image of my first 3 partitions (450MB Recovery, 100 MB EFI partition, and 16MB unformatted primary)
      EFI_Boot-00-00.7z - Google Drive
    2. Run Macrium and restore the image from step 1, overwriting your existing 1st three partitions, leaving C alone.
    3. Delete the 490MB Recovery partition.
    4. From Macrium, run fix boot problems.
    5. Reboot. Open Admin command prompt then run Reagentc /info to make sure that it is enabled. If not, enable it.
      if failed to enable, reboot and try again.
    OPTION 2: Assuming you've already had Windows backup with Macrium.

1. Wipe out the first 5 parttiions. (450MB, 100MB, 16MB, C Drive, 480MB)
    2. Fresh install Windows 10
    3. Restore C drive from backup image, run fix boot problems
    4. repeat step 5 from OPTION 1 above.

topgundcp, Mar 12, 2019
  4. D-rock Win User

Help with USB Boot Image

I am trying to boot from my USB flash drive. I followed the instructions step for step that are in the article on this website. I downloaded the HP program and the USB Image zip file. I ran the HP flash program and pointed it to the folder where I unzipped the USB Image files to. I then copied all the files over to the USB memory stick as instructed. When I restart my computer and press F12 to go to the boot menu I have 3 options: SATA hard drive, CD-ROM drive, or USB Device. So I choose USB device and when it reads the USB memory stick all I get is the error "Non-system disk, replace and hit any key" Its like the USB memory is missing some system files or it doesnt have the master boot record or something. Somebody please HELP!!! I want to flash the bios in a new video card and I have to boot to DOS and I dont have a floppy drive and I have Win XP so a USB boot is probably the best option I have.

D-rock, Mar 12, 2019
Thema:

1. System doesn’t have any USB boot option error in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - System doesn’t USB

2. No usb boot in boot option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No usb boot in boot option: Hi this is Josh and im having a trouble about my laptop. It was normal and the my laptop suddenly crashed and it shows an error during recovery mode saying "windows/system32/logfiles/srt/srttrail.txt" and i tried reinstalling a new OS but i cant because the usb im using with...
  3. No usb boot in boot option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No usb boot in boot option: Hi this is Josh and im having a trouble about my laptop. It was normal and the my laptop suddenly crashed and it shows an error during recovery mode saying "windows/system32/logfiles/srt/srttrail.txt" and i tried reinstalling a new OS but i cant because the usb im using with...
  4. No usb boot in boot option

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. USB Not seen in BIOS / System doesn't have any USB Boot option All solutions have been...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Not seen in BIOS / System doesn't have any USB Boot option All solutions have been...: USB Not seen in BIOS / System doesn't have any USB Boot option All solutions have been tried, but the same problem remains https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-not-seen-in-bios-system-doesnt-have-any-usb/d0e0dccb-f2f9-46b5-94ca-139d112b85e0
  6. USB Not seen in BIOS / System doesn't have any USB Boot option All solutions have been...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Not seen in BIOS / System doesn't have any USB Boot option All solutions have been...: USB Not seen in BIOS / System doesn't have any USB Boot option All solutions have been tried, but the same problem remains https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-not-seen-in-bios-system-doesnt-have-any-usb/d0e0dccb-f2f9-46b5-94ca-139d112b85e0
  7. USB Not seen in BIOS / System doesn't have any USB Boot option All solutions have been...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Unable to boot or restore system. Any other options?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to boot or restore system. Any other options?: I was running Win 10 Pro 1903 without any issues. Thursday 25 June I tried to update my NVIDIA drivers, resulting in the dreaded "black screen on boot" problem that is all over the NVIDIA forums. I downloaded DDU and removed all NVIDIA drivers in Safe Mode, which allowed me...
  9. USB Not seen in BIOS / System doesn't have any USB Boot option

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Not seen in BIOS / System doesn't have any USB Boot option: Hi I need y'all help. I'm using Acer Swift 3 SF314-57G-55TL. I wanted to boot my USB using BIOS but it didn't work because it wasn't seen in the Window Boot Manager Menu. I had already disable secured boot and i didn't have Legacy boot, only have UEFI and it still didn't...
  10. System doesn't have any usb boot options Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System doesn't have any usb boot options Windows 10: Sir, I have a Lenovo laptop running in Windows 10. I have enabled USB boot, and USB legacy boot mode from UEFI filmware settings. But, still my device isn't booting up from USB after I inserted a recovery pen drive. And, my BIOS setup is also not opening after I switched...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. system doesnt have usb boot option

2. system doesnt have any usb