Windows 10: System doesn't want to fully wake from sleep after it's slept awhile

Discus and support System doesn't want to fully wake from sleep after it's slept awhile in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; System doesn't want to fully wake from sleep after it's slept awhile - wakes fine if woken immediately. So, as the title says, I have an issue where... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by vgchat, Mar 26, 2021.

1. vgchat Win User

System doesn't want to fully wake from sleep after it's slept awhile

System doesn't want to fully wake from sleep after it's slept awhile - wakes fine if woken immediately.

So, as the title says, I have an issue where my system will not fully wake up if left alone for an hour or so, this is what happens:
    Mouse gets power but no response that I can tell:

Monitor does not come back on
    Keyboard does not come back on
    I have to hold the power button to force a restart

If I let it sleep and awaken it within 20 minutes or so, it doesn't exhibit these issues... My tech guy that I'm thinking about seeing after I get some money on the first seems to think it's a motherboard issue, I'm kindof on the fence of whether it's a motherboard or windows 10 issue.

Recently within the past couple of hours I did a "reset this pc" just incase it was anything that could be windows related, haven't let it sleep for over a hour since... yet. But it has slept for 20 minutes after I did this and awoken without issue.

Not too entirely sure but I'm thinking it might be the battery acting up & the motherboard "forgetting" some settings when it wakes back up after a while

:)

vgchat, Mar 26, 2021

2. wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 26, 2021
  3. Sleep / Wake Function, malfunctions after waking

Hi,

Issues that arise after waking up the PC from sleep mode might have been caused by a software conflict or system file corruption. For us to clarify the issue, we would like to ask these questions:

• What is the exact issue that you are experiencing?
    • Did you notice any recent system changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you encountered any error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If you are having issues waking your PC from sleep, we suggest running the
    Power troubleshooter
    as an initial troubleshooting. Kindly follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot, and then press Enter.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, click on Power.
    • Click on Run the troubleshooter button.
    • Follow the onscreen guide.

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Mar 26, 2021
  4. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

System doesn't want to fully wake from sleep after it's slept awhile [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Mar 26, 2021
Thema:

1. System doesn't want to fully wake from sleep after it's slept awhile - Similar Threads - System doesn't fully

2. Windows 10 doesn't fully wakeup from sleeping

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 doesn't fully wakeup from sleeping: I have a laptop with Windows 10 and an external monitor. The laptop monitor is the primary monitor. Normally the PC can wakeup after sleeping. but now the PC wakes up after sleeping but primary monitor not wake up. In this case, I can see the windows showing on external...
  3. PC doesn't wake up from sleep

PC doesn't wake up from sleep: I have an iBuyPower pre-built desktop gaming PC that I bought late last year. Recently it's been having a problem. Whenever it goes to sleep, and when I try waking it up, it will act like it's waking up In the sense that the fan will spin up and the power LED goes steady...
  4. Mic doesn't work after PC wakes from sleep.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mic doesn't work after PC wakes from sleep.: For some reason, my Blue Yeti mic doesn't work after my PC wakes from sleep mode. I have to unplug and re plug it for it to work. It's a standard Blue Yeti. I also get no sound from it because my headphones are plugged into it for the monitoring. A fix would be greatly...
  5. Computer Doesn't Wake up after Sleep

Computer Doesn't Wake up after Sleep: I don't know why but every time my computer goes to sleep or when I manually place it into sleep mode, it just doesn't wake up. The light on the tower turns on and fans are on, just nothing is displayed on the monitor. Every time this happens I end up having to press the...
  6. Up To Date Windows 10 doesn't wake from sleep and doesn't turn off fully

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Up To Date Windows 10 doesn't wake from sleep and doesn't turn off fully: When I shut down my pc fan is still turning slowly and some of the lights on the case (not keyboard or mouse) are not gone and it is working. Today I realized my pc doesn't wake up from sleep either. (keyboard can wake. It is on from settings.) Most of the people that...
  7. After sleep. monitor doesn't always wake...

in Windows 10 Support
    After sleep. monitor doesn't always wake...: This is a fairly new Dell Inspiron 3780 and a screenshot of my power options are attached. When I touch a key after I've been away for a while, the keyboard lights up and MOST of the time the display comes back. But randomly, the display stays black, forcing me to power...
  8. Sometimes laptop doesn't wake from sleep

Sometimes laptop doesn't wake from sleep: I have an Acer Aspire E15. Sporadically, the laptop doesn't wake when I open the lid. I can hear it starts to buzz but the display won't turn on. I have to hard reset it via holding the power button. Any help appreciated!...
  9. system doesn't want to recover from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    system doesn't want to recover from sleep: Infrequently I go back to my laptop and it will be in sleep, and I move the mouse, then press a key, and nothing happens. I press power and nothing happens. The solution I've found that works is to hold down power and reboot the system. Today I found that if I close the...
  10. PC sleeps, wakes up and everything is super slow for awhile

PC sleeps, wakes up and everything is super slow for awhile: It is honestly so bad, I think it should never go to sleep. This one is a Model T3616 with Athlon 64x2 5200+ 2.6 ghz , 2 cores, 2gb ram, 500gb sata III It is like when it sleeps all it's memory is drained and has to reload everything when you click on something. So how...