Windows 10: SYSTEM drive at 100%

Discus and support SYSTEM drive at 100% in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I need to expand my SYSTEM drive as it's at full capacity and I'm no longer able to download the latest windows updates, run defrag on this drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Waffa79, May 5, 2020.

1. Waffa79 Win User

SYSTEM drive at 100%

Hi,

I need to expand my SYSTEM drive as it's at full capacity and I'm no longer able to download the latest windows updates, run defrag on this drive etc, plus my PC is running slow, I'm assuming this may be the issue as it's only a recent slow down?!?!

I have windows 10 home, I have tried disk management but I can't expand the drive using this program.

Any other information required can be provided

Thanks for any help

:)

Waffa79, May 5, 2020
  2. little cat, May 5, 2020
  3. Unable to use System restore from a windows 10 image on Windows 7 with error: "windows cannot find a system image-the usb drive is not visible"

Hi Otley,

Thanks for replying to us with the status of your issue.

As you mentioned, when you connect the USB flash drive in to the system then the System image backup is not present. It might occur if the System image files is not created properly or may be it got corrupted.

As an initial steps I suggest you to check for the memory space in the USB flash driver.

If the Memory is occupied in the USB flash drive the I suggest you to try running check disk on USB flash drive and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps to perform Check Disk.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type the below commands.

Chkdsk [drive letter]: /f /r

Reply to us with the status of your issue, we will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, May 5, 2020
  4. SYSTEM drive at 100%

Lost data from hard drive, what to do now?

Well, I'm sorry to hear that it's a WD My Passport that failed on you, @tomhenry ! *Frown SYSTEM drive at 100% :(
    I'd recommend you to try using a different USB cable with it and see if that will help your system to detect it without it disconnecting.
    I'd also suggest you to go to Disk Management and see how the drive is listed there. It won't hurt to check up on the health and SMART status of the HDD by running the QUICK and EXTENDED tests from the WD's Data LifeGuard Diagnostics. Here's a link to the available software: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=11ZOpD

Give these troubleshooting steps a try and keep us posted with the results!
    SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD, May 5, 2020
Thema:

SYSTEM drive at 100%

1. SYSTEM drive at 100% - Similar Threads - SYSTEM drive 100%

2. D Drive HDD System taking up 100% Usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    D Drive HDD System taking up 100% Usage: Hey,This has been happening to me for the past month I've tried everything I could find disabling services windows search all of that and it has not worked.It freezes my computer and makes windows not respond constantly....
  3. D Drive HDD System taking up 100% Usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    D Drive HDD System taking up 100% Usage: Hey,This has been happening to me for the past month I've tried everything I could find disabling services windows search all of that and it has not worked.It freezes my computer and makes windows not respond constantly....
  4. System Interrupts at 100%

in Windows 10 Support
    System Interrupts at 100%: Recently I've noticed lagging while using my laptop. Mostly while light gaming (It's an Intel iGPU so really light gaming) The CPU is i5-4200m with Intel HD Graphics 4600 While I am gaming or using the laptop, I feel it suddenly stuttering / lagging I open Task Manager and...
  5. System Interrupt 100%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Interrupt 100%: Hi Team, Off late my system briefly hangs or stops responding randomly - I have Acer Aspire laptop purchased 3 months ago with Core i5 1035G1 10th generation with Windows 10. On a couple of occasions; I was able to access task manager and it reflected "system interrupt"...
  6. Disk Drive 100%

Disk Drive 100%: Over the past week my computer has been freezing from 10 seconds to indefinitely that I have to power it off then back on. I've been watching over task manager and noticed it would come from my disk drive hitting 100%. Often it would start with a few programs running at 5-10...
  7. System 100%disk

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System 100%disk: submitted by /u/krizel6890 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ejaug7/system_100disk/
  8. System Interrupts 100%

System Interrupts 100%: I have a brand new (bought 3 weeks ago) Acer Aspire 3 - A314, SSD laptop. On 20/12/2018, Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64 Systems (KB4483234) was successfully installed. This morning, when I switched on, I noticed it took 5 minutes or so to boot up...
  9. System Drive suddenly going nuts at 100%

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System Drive suddenly going nuts at 100%: I assume that might be the indexing service but i took some screenshots [img] [img] Second time [img] 74713
  10. Random spikes of 100% disk activity on system drive.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Random spikes of 100% disk activity on system drive.: Hello, I am having issues with my system, or it might be my SSD, I am unsure hence here I am. Symptoms: The C:\ drive spikes to 100% activity but 0 avg respone, 0 read/write for 2-5 seconds (usually but it have taken over 40 seconds at a couple of occasions) followed...