Windows 10: System Drive runs 100% activity for 15 - 20 minutes every time I logon

Discus and support System Drive runs 100% activity for 15 - 20 minutes every time I logon in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am running windows 10 Home on a one year old Dell desktop. Since I have owned this computer It swamps memory and disk activity for 15 - 20 minutes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by edspyhill01_844, Jan 18, 2021.

1. System Drive runs 100% activity for 15 - 20 minutes every time I logon

I am running windows 10 Home on a one year old Dell desktop. Since I have owned this computer It swamps memory and disk activity for 15 - 20 minutes after any logon. I can log off then logon back on 5 minutes later and it will do the same thing again.

There must be some settings I'm not aware of that are causing my desktop to function like this. If I should get a second drive to store my personal files, let me know.

Thank you,

Ed

:)

edspyhill01_844, Jan 18, 2021
  2. Keano16SA Win User

DISK USAGE (first 100%, then 0-20%)

I will check the link you provided with WIKI about this app (actually I already checked it.. but will do again).

I want to add right settings... any chance that you help me with setting up WPRUI.exe so that the results can show us what causing my problems?

I would like to start this app immediately after I boot up... and let it run for 15 minutes

Generally:

• 0-5 mins: 100% disk usage (according to task manager ACTIVE TIME)
    • after that: 0-20% disk usage (according to task manager ACTIVE TIME)

It would be helpful if you tell me which options to turn on in this app.. .considering my problem is the DISK

Keano16SA, Jan 18, 2021
  3. Network drivers take a long time (15+ minutes) to install

I'm running Windows 10 Pro 20H1 and I have a problem.

Any network driver that is listed under Network adaptors in Device Manager takes a very long time to get installed. This includes the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility driver, TAP-Windows Adaptor V9, and ... most importantly ... various Hyper-V network drivers,
    i.e. Virtual Switch, Virtual Extension, Virtual Adaptor, etc.

Examples:

1. If I grab a copy of tap-windows-9.21.2.exe and run it, the installation takes 15+ minutes, and all this time is spent waiting for Windows to configure the driver class. During this time, tap-windows-9.21.2.exe appears stuck.
    2. If ask Device Manager's Add Hardware Wizard to install an arbitrary Network Adaptor, even Microsoft Loopback Adaptor, again, the installation takes 15+ minutes, during which the Add Hardware Wizard appears stuck.
    3. If Hyper-V Manager attempts to configure a virtual adaptor, switch, extension, etc., again, the installation of the virtual device's driver takes 15+ minutes.

During this 15+ minutes, the driver appears in Device Manager with a yellow icon. The Properties window reads:

Windows is still setting up the class configuration for this device. (Code 56)

Perhaps the most obvious workaround is to suck it up and with the 15+ minutes. Sadly, no. While I might have had the patience to wait 15+ minutes, some apps, like Hyper-V Manager don't. They bail with an error message.

Steps that I have followed to troubleshoot this issue:

• Running various Windows and Microsoft Support troubleshooters
    • Resetting the network configuration, both via Setting and via netcfg -d
    • Uninstalling all apps that install a network adaptor and starting over from zero
    • Updating Windows

Fleet Command, Jan 18, 2021
  4. AYoung Win User

System Drive runs 100% activity for 15 - 20 minutes every time I logon

Suddenly, BSOD every 15-20 minutes

As the title suggests, my PC has been running fine, up until last night, playing Fallout 4, suddenly BSOD. Today, I turn it back on, and it crashes booting, then crashes over and over every 15-20 minutes, giving me many different types of errors, including page file, security, etc. The crashes don't seem to be related to anything I'm doing, just random.

Log file attached as per instructions. If any additional details are needed, please let me know.

Thanks in advance for any help, this is maddening.

AYoung, Jan 18, 2021
Thema:

System Drive runs 100% activity for 15 - 20 minutes every time I logon

1. System Drive runs 100% activity for 15 - 20 minutes every time I logon - Similar Threads - System Drive runs

2. Peridocial lag while gaming every 15-20 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Peridocial lag while gaming every 15-20 minutes: One random day i updated my graphics drivers AMDAnd when playing game crashed and i got an error saying "AMD software detected that a driver timeout has occurred".After this i changed some thing in the registry and now the error is gone but now the game lags every 15-20...
  3. Peridocial lag while gaming every 15-20 minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Peridocial lag while gaming every 15-20 minutes: One random day i updated my graphics drivers AMDAnd when playing game crashed and i got an error saying "AMD software detected that a driver timeout has occurred".After this i changed some thing in the registry and now the error is gone but now the game lags every 15-20...
  4. BSOD every 15-20 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD every 15-20 minutes: Hello. My computer randomly started crashing last night. Initially it restarted and woke up to a GIGABYTE BIOS saying boot load broke. After having logged in to the pc, a BSOD happened and the screen froze, leading to me having to hold the power button down.From this point...
  5. BSOD every 15-20 minutes

BSOD every 15-20 minutes: Hello. My computer randomly started crashing last night. Initially it restarted and woke up to a GIGABYTE BIOS saying boot load broke. After having logged in to the pc, a BSOD happened and the screen froze, leading to me having to hold the power button down.From this point...
  6. BSOD Every 15 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Every 15 minutes: Good afternoon,My computer has been getting blue screens for quite some time and I feel like I've tried everything I can possibly think of. I even got to the point where I completely wiped everything clean and reloaded windows and I'm still getting crashes every 15 minutes. I...
  7. BSOD Every 15 minutes

BSOD Every 15 minutes: Good afternoon,My computer has been getting blue screens for quite some time and I feel like I've tried everything I can possibly think of. I even got to the point where I completely wiped everything clean and reloaded windows and I'm still getting crashes every 15 minutes. I...
  8. Event Error 1000 Task Category 100 , PC freezes every 15-20 minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Event Error 1000 Task Category 100 , PC freezes every 15-20 minutes: Log Name: Application Source: Application Error Date: 22-06-2020 15:49:54 Event ID: 1000 Task Category: 100 Level: Error Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer: DESKTOP-8KJ8GNJ Description: Faulting application name:...
  9. Suddenly, BSOD every 15-20 minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Suddenly, BSOD every 15-20 minutes: As the title suggests, my PC has been running fine, up until last night, playing Fallout 4, suddenly BSOD. Today, I turn it back on, and it crashes booting, then crashes over and over every 15-20 minutes, giving me many different types of errors, including page file,...
  10. Disk activity spikes to 100% every few minutes - System lockup

in Windows 10 Support
    Disk activity spikes to 100% every few minutes - System lockup: Hi, A couple of days ago, I took up the free offer of Windows 10 just before the deadline. Instead of doing an upgrade from Windows 7, I performed a fresh install onto a brand new 240GB SSD. The installation process went smoothly, no errors and the activation service...