Windows 10: System elements and certain programs are blurry

Discus and support System elements and certain programs are blurry in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all, On my laptop's built in display Lenovo ThinkPad T440s, many system elements, dialogue boxes and programs are blurry, whilst some are not.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TylerB1, Mar 24, 2020.

1. TylerB1 Win User

System elements and certain programs are blurry

Hi all,

On my laptop's built in display Lenovo ThinkPad T440s, many system elements, dialogue boxes and programs are blurry, whilst some are not. I've attached the examples of a properties window and task manager.

My display scaling is set to 150%. When at 100%, everything is sharp, but too small to comfortably view.

I've tried updating, reinstalling display drivers, changing compatibility settings of affected programs, using XPExplorer etc. but to no avail. I'm aware there are many similar posts, but I'm yet to find a solution and many are from years ago! :

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

System elements and certain programs are blurry 9b869bf6-b51e-4105-a6fd-59d2dbf822fe?upload=true.png System elements and certain programs are blurry e1e50600-838c-4c98-b0b6-1619433ae973?upload=true.png

:)

TylerB1, Mar 24, 2020

2. Photo Shop Elements

Hi Rosas,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing the issues with Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

Please don’t worry. We will assist you.

The issue could occur if the program is incompatible with Windows 10 or program is corrupt.

Refer to the below steps and check if it helps.

I would suggest to uninstall and reinstall the Photo Shop Elements application in program compatibility mode on the Computer.

Step 1: suggest you to uninstall the Photo Shop Elements application.

1. Type "Control Panel" without the quotes in search box and click on it.

2. Click on Programs.

3. Click on Programs and Features.

4. Right click on Photo Shop Elements from the list and click on Uninstall.

Step 2: Try to run the Program Compatibility troubleshooter and try to install the
    Photo Shop Elements application. Check if it helps.

1. Type “Troubleshooting” without the quotes on search box next to
    Start Menu and click on Troubleshooting.

2. Click on View All the left panel of the screen and then click on
    Program Compatibility Troubleshooter.

3. Then click on Next and follow the instructions.

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Get back to us if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Mar 24, 2020
  3. zbook Win User
    Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Mar 24, 2020
  4. EBFH Win User

Fonts is blurry in some programs

I run Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

The font in the GUI of certain programs (programs that were installed by me the user) show in very blurry font

It doesn't occur in other programs

For example I run Nitro PDF Pro (a PDF editor). All its menu and screens show in blurry font as well as any PDF document that I open and view in this program.

I am on the recommended display settings (resolution, etc.) in the OS

Any idea how I can fix it?

Thema:

1. System elements and certain programs are blurry - Similar Threads - System elements certain

2. some applications have blurry elements after the elements are not used for some time and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    some applications have blurry elements after the elements are not used for some time and...: this happens on duckduckgo app and some microsoft ones too like outlook new https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-applications-have-blurry-elements-after-the/289c93c2-fe9c-42ae-8c95-c66db99dd7a5
  3. some applications have blurry elements after the elements are not used for some time and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    some applications have blurry elements after the elements are not used for some time and...: this happens on duckduckgo app and some microsoft ones too like outlook new https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-applications-have-blurry-elements-after-the/289c93c2-fe9c-42ae-8c95-c66db99dd7a5
  4. My computer is constrasting certain elements

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer is constrasting certain elements: My apologies in advance, I'm not sure how to best explain my situation I tried adding screenshots but they aren't showing upMy computer is starting to contrast certain things such as :- Word doc backgrounds black instead of the white set in my default template- Information...
  5. My computer is constrasting certain elements

My computer is constrasting certain elements: My apologies in advance, I'm not sure how to best explain my situation I tried adding screenshots but they aren't showing upMy computer is starting to contrast certain things such as :- Word doc backgrounds black instead of the white set in my default template- Information...
  6. Text and graphics of certain programs is blurry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Text and graphics of certain programs is blurry: Hello.Yesterday, my pc encountered a glitch where the text of certain programs become blurry,this does not include web browsers, discord and file explorer, for some unknown reason.I assumed it would go away after I restarted my pc, but that did not happen, which is why I am...
  7. Text and graphics of certain programs is blurry

Text and graphics of certain programs is blurry: Hello.Yesterday, my pc encountered a glitch where the text of certain programs become blurry,this does not include web browsers, discord and file explorer, for some unknown reason.I assumed it would go away after I restarted my pc, but that did not happen, which is why I am...
  8. Programs are appearing blurry

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs are appearing blurry: Few programs which I've installed on my PC for example BitTorrent, is appearing blurry on my display seems like only the program is in low resolution. How do I make this appear normal as other programs appear? See screenshot you'll notice that program is blurry while below...
  9. Programs with blurry text and UI elements

Programs with blurry text and UI elements: When I launch any program in Windows, the text is alright. After some time or in case of Adobe Programs immediately start to have blurry text, and some user interface elements, such as buttons or in general, anything rounded. When the blurriness starts to occur, the...
  10. Certain programs look muddy, blurry.

Certain programs look muddy, blurry.: Hi there. So I've come across an issue that I've had for a while, but recently has become more prevalent. Some programs after a while start to look super muddy see in the attached image. currently it's mostly happening to the program called atom, and I have had it with...