Windows 10: System error 5 Access denied

Discus and support System error 5 Access denied in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello, When setting up a user account for my wife, which works fine, however I now cannot access my account which had administrator rights. I do not... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by saddlebum13, Jan 28, 2017.

1. System error 5 Access denied

Hello,
    When setting up a user account for my wife, which works fine, however I now cannot access my account which had administrator rights. I do not show up as an option. I tried using the default administer account via command prompt and I get a "system error 5" "Access denied" result.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks, Steve

:)

saddlebum13, Jan 28, 2017
  2. ferritp7 Win User

system error 5 "access denied"

JB

Hi Jennifer Bri

I have tried unsuccessfully to reinstall windows on my computer several times and I have recently tried to repair/reinstall with a dvd having changed my dvd player as first bootable device in windows Bios only to find that it is disabled possibly because
    it requires Administration rights to run the software.

My question. Is, is it possible to re enable my Dvd player so as to run the dvd with the repair/reinstall software, I am aware of how to set it in bios as the first to run and the need to have said software in the drive before restarting my computer.

Is it possible to get round all this by buying a new internal hard drive and connecting to my computer. Then installing windows on it.

Are the Administration files unique to a particular computer. I don't suppose it is possible to find administrative software files to download anywhere.

thank you

ferritp7, Jan 28, 2017
  3. system error 5 "access denied"

Hi newbylive,

Error 5: Access is Denied prevents you from installing software on your computer and accessing or modifying certain files. However, we would like to know more regarding your concern.
    Kindly answer the questions below:

• Where do you see this error message?
    • Why are you trying to clean boot your PC?

Here's how to
    perform a clean install of Windows 10
    . From there, you'll see Andre Da Costa's forum article andyou can follow the steps provided.

Also, you can refer to this
    related thread
    and check out the response provided by Yashwanth Kotakuri to resolve the issue with the error that you're getting.

Feel free to let us know if you need anything else.

Jennifer Bri, Jan 28, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

System error 5 Access denied

Welcome to TenForums.

You have to run that command in an elevated command prompt, otherwise you'll get that 'access denied'. Right-click on Start and choose 'Command Prompt (admin)'.

5. When I tried this a box opens that asks if I want to allow this app to make changes to this computer. There is only a "NO" choice. No way to allow it and continue.

saddlebum13, Jan 30, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    Oh dear. That is a very bad sign.

The normal behaviour of this UAC prompt is to offer a Yes/No choice if your account is an administrator or, if you are a standard user, to give you the chance to give the password for another account that is an administrator. If it doesn't offer the Yes option it means that there are NO administrator accounts to be found on your PC any more.

You may have accidentally downgraded your account to a standard user, or (worst case) accidentally deleted it. You need at least one admin account to be able to manage your PC. The only way to create a new administrator account or promote an existing account to an administrator would be to enable the built-in Administrator account. Use Administrator to sort out your problems then when you have made one or more administrator accounts, disable it again. The only way to enable it without an existing administrator is Option Four in this Tutorial.
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/...a.html#option4

7. Thanks, I will give that a try.

saddlebum13, Jan 30, 2017
  8. System error 5 Access denied

I tried option 4 under "administrator account-enable or disable in windows 10". Everything went ok until I went to C:\Windows\System32\config in step 5. when I tried to open the config file a box opened stating I needed to click on continue to have access to this file. When I clicked on continue it opened another box that said..Do you want to allow this app to make changes? And it says to enter an admin user name and password to continue. There is no way to enter any answer and only a NO box for a choice. Dead in the water from here.

saddlebum13, Feb 1, 2017
  9. Bree New Member
    How did you boot to get to the Command Prompt? Did you boot from a Windows 10 installation USB or Recovery drive? If so it would probably have asked you to choose an account and password. You may have better luck if you follow the 'Tip' given in Option Four to use OPTION SIX here to boot into the recovery environment. You will not be asked for a name/password, you will be using the built-in Administrator account and should have no such restrictions.

Bree, Feb 2, 2017
  10. I used the command prompt after the starting the computer. I will reread and try option 6. Thanks.

saddlebum13, Feb 2, 2017
  11. Success!!! I now have an administrator account. Now I need to figure out what happened to my user account and where it is. Thank you for all your help.

saddlebum13, Feb 2, 2017
  12. Bree New Member
    Excellent! Well done.

I would suggest the first thing to do would be create a new local account and make that an administrator. It's always useful to keep a 'spare' administrator account as a way in in emergencies. When you have sorted out your problems it would be a good idea to disable the built-in Administrator again.

Thema:

System error 5 Access denied

1. System error 5 Access denied - Similar Threads - System error Access

2. Access is Denied os error 5

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Access is Denied os error 5: Hello everyone,I have no experience with the Rust language, and have been trying to download it. I have deleted and reinstalled the rust installer 3 times now, though everytime I run it, I just get an error message saying the access is denied. I have read the rust-docs and...
  3. Access is Denied os error 5

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access is Denied os error 5: Hello everyone,I have no experience with the Rust language, and have been trying to download it. I have deleted and reinstalled the rust installer 3 times now, though everytime I run it, I just get an error message saying the access is denied. I have read the rust-docs and...
  4. Error 5 Access is denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 5 Access is denied: Hello,First of all I do not speak very well English but I will try to describe my issue as best as I can.I use Razer Synapse. I bought a new PC with Win 10 and Synapse was working like for 2 days and all of sudden the software has stopped working. I tried to fix it and I even...
  5. Error 5 Access is denied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error 5 Access is denied: Hello,First of all I do not speak very well English but I will try to describe my issue as best as I can.I use Razer Synapse. I bought a new PC with Win 10 and Synapse was working like for 2 days and all of sudden the software has stopped working. I tried to fix it and I even...
  6. Error 5 Access is denied

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. DISM Access Denied Error 5

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DISM Access Denied Error 5: Hello,While attempting to use DISM, we continued to get an access denied error. When tracking down the directory we found it in windows/CSC. We were unable to access this directory even after increasing the permissions for an admin account along with the built in...
  8. error 5 access is denied

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    error 5 access is denied: I've been getting error 5 access is denied when Installing any app on Windows, How do I fix this? [ATTACH] [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-5-access-is-denied/3b2b1eb0-ae78-491c-8f7c-4673ae9b18fa
  9. access denied error 5

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    access denied error 5: I can't download and install Lenovo h50-50 updates nor drivers, a note with denied access and error 5 is dispayed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-denied-error-5/f89f5fc4-2a48-4119-8509-789e01585056
  10. System Error. Code: 5. Access Denied

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System Error. Code: 5. Access Denied: When I was trying to login to a Web development website as "http://IP or domain:port/SSMISDIY/MyApp/#login", it showed "System Error. Code: 5. Access Denied”. My Windows pro edition is 1709. I have disabled firewall and enabled system access permission, but it still didn't...