Windows 10: System error 5 has occurred even as admin - (cmd) Windows 10

Discus and support System error 5 has occurred even as admin - (cmd) Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My system is Windows 10 Pro x64, with the latest updates applied. When I try to execute any "net" command in cmd (eg: net stop TeamViewer, net users,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by zvit, Apr 1, 2020.

1. zvit Win User

System error 5 has occurred even as admin - (cmd) Windows 10

My system is Windows 10 Pro x64, with the latest updates applied.

When I try to execute any "net" command in cmd (eg: net stop TeamViewer, net users, etc') I get the error "System error 5 has occurred. Access is denied."

I have researched for hours and did every possible solution I saw mentioned anywhere but still no luck.
    Here are a few facts:

1. I opened the cmd with admin rights (see screenshot below)
    2. I am the sole PC user with full admin rights.
    3. This happens even if I disable Windows Firewall.
    4. My UAC is disabled and in the registry, EnableLUA is set to 0.

How can I give myself access to run net commands?

System error 5 has occurred even as admin - (cmd) Windows 10 [​IMG]

:)

zvit, Apr 1, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

system error 5 occured

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

This issue may occur for one of the following reasons:

• Permissions to access the remote computer (Share, NTFS, GPO) are missing.

• A firewall or third-party product may eliminate the connection to the remote computer.

• The computer account is disabled, has an expired password, or doesn’t exist in the domain.

• There is an Active Directory replication problem.
    I suggest you to Run the Command Prompt as Admin and check if it helps.

• Press Windows +X.

• Select Command Prompt (Admin) and try typing the command check if the issue persist.
    Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Apr 1, 2020
  3. gokart2 Win User
    The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

• [/quote]

gokart2, Apr 1, 2020
  4. System error 5 has occurred even as admin - (cmd) Windows 10

Error 0x80004005 Window 10 update Failure

Hi

when I try step 1 above the CMD promt says "System error 5 has occurred. Access Denied"

& under step 2 teh CMD promt advises "System error 5 has occurred.

Access is denied.

C:\Users\Admin>ren %systemroot%\System32\Catroot2 Catroot2.old

Access is denied."

What can I do as the upgrade is now starting to annoy me!

thanks Mat

Mat_BarnesClan, Apr 1, 2020
Thema:

System error 5 has occurred even as admin - (cmd) Windows 10

1. System error 5 has occurred even as admin - (cmd) Windows 10 - Similar Threads - System error has

2. I keep getting a system 5 error when I am running the cmd as an admin, when I have admin...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I keep getting a system 5 error when I am running the cmd as an admin, when I have admin...: I want to run the command "net start sppsvc" but everytime I try to run it as an administrator, I get a system 5 error, saying it cannot run. I am trying to do this because my computer is saying I do not have the licensing to run Windows, with the error code 0xC004F012, and...
  3. Every time I try doing a command on cmd it shows “System error 5 has occurred access is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every time I try doing a command on cmd it shows “System error 5 has occurred access is...: So I was watching a YouTube tutorial and it said to disable all wifi connection and hold shift and restart to turn on safe mode to uninstall my drivers but my computer went to the log in to account page so then i tried logging in but I found out I couldn’t log into my account...
  4. Every time I try doing a command on cmd it shows “System error 5 has occurred access is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Every time I try doing a command on cmd it shows “System error 5 has occurred access is...: So I was watching a YouTube tutorial and it said to disable all wifi connection and hold shift and restart to turn on safe mode to uninstall my drivers but my computer went to the log in to account page so then i tried logging in but I found out I couldn’t log into my account...
  5. Every time I try doing a command on cmd it shows “System error 5 has occurred access is...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. System error 5 has occurred, Access is denied in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    System error 5 has occurred, Access is denied in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]This post covers different workarounds you can try if you come across System error 5 has occurred, Access is denied in Windows 11/10. The System Error 5 occurs when you try to execute a command in Command Prompt without having administrative privileges. To be very...
  7. net user administrator / active: yes System error 5 has occurred. Access is denied.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    net user administrator / active: yes System error 5 has occurred. Access is denied.: My Goal: Not to ever have to login to my home computer again. MS login ruining my life.Going through the normal recommended steps for this I must have unconsciously messed with admin rights option somewhere because now I never can actually get to step 1 because when doing...
  8. net user administrator / active: yes System error 5 has occurred. Access is denied.

in Windows 10 Customization
    net user administrator / active: yes System error 5 has occurred. Access is denied.: My Goal: Not to ever have to login to my home computer again. MS login ruining my life.Going through the normal recommended steps for this I must have unconsciously messed with admin rights option somewhere because now I never can actually get to step 1 because when doing...
  9. system error 5 even in admin

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    system error 5 even in admin: I'm trying to execute the command "net stop winmgmt" in the command prompt. I've made sure its running as administrator, but every time I run the command it says system error 5 has occurred. Access is denied. any help is appreciated. submitted by /u/orudein [link]...
  10. admin error system 5 ( how to resolve)

in Windows 10 Customization
    admin error system 5 ( how to resolve): To resolve this issue here it is in a few easy steps firstly id like to say i've dealed with this issue and microsoft couldn't help me even when they have tried and i had to resolve it on my own. this is a common sense issue so here it is. -download Norton security scan...