Windows 10: System Error : An Overrun of a stack-based buffer in Explorer.exe

Discus and support System Error : An Overrun of a stack-based buffer in Explorer.exe in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm having an issue in windows when I opened it. The screen is getting black every time and refreshes it. I opened it in safe mode and the error is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ayman Amjad, Feb 20, 2020.

1. System Error : An Overrun of a stack-based buffer in Explorer.exe

I'm having an issue in windows when I opened it. The screen is getting black every time and refreshes it. I opened it in safe mode and the error is showing that An Overrun of a stack-based buffer in Explorer.exe. Help me to fix it.

:)

Ayman Amjad, Feb 20, 2020

2. LogonUI.exe : the system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer

i got this recently "logonui.exe the system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer" may you explain why that error happened?

faiziqbalmld, Feb 20, 2020
  3. Neil23 Win User
    Help with this? 'The system detected an overrun of a stack-based...'

On a Windows 10 desktop today there was this error message...

“The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application. This overrun could potentially allow a malicious user to gain control of this application“

Any suggestion as to what the problem is and how to rectify the problem?

Neil23, Feb 20, 2020
  4. System Error : An Overrun of a stack-based buffer in Explorer.exe

SIHOST buffer overrun error

I am encountering the following popup error message when I try to restart my system in Safe Mode:

Sihost.exe – System error – The system detected an overrun of a stack based buffer in this application. This overrun could potentially allow a malicious user to gain control of the application.

This happens as I press the '4' option from the Restart Menu options screen.

There is a 'Close' button on the message popup screen which does not work - the message is simply regenerated.

After a few tries at closing the message the system does go into Safe Mode.

Apart from this, I have experienced no problems running in normal mode, but my Antivirus software (ESET NOD32) is unable to run properly. I am concerned that there may be a compromise somewhere in the system.

I have run SFC without any issues - Also DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth and Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool. All report no problems.

Can you advise next steps?

Beevreeter, Feb 20, 2020
Thema:

System Error : An Overrun of a stack-based buffer in Explorer.exe

1. System Error : An Overrun of a stack-based buffer in Explorer.exe - Similar Threads - System Error Overrun

2. SystemSettings.exe - System Error Overrun/Stack-Based Buffer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SystemSettings.exe - System Error Overrun/Stack-Based Buffer: I just updated my laptop to the latest Windows 10 build.When I opened settings to check something and clicked on Network & Internet, I got this error that crashes settings after I close it.SystemSettings.exe - System ErrorCRITICAL ERRORThe system detected an overrun of...
  3. SystemSettings.exe - System Error Overrun/Stack-Based Buffer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SystemSettings.exe - System Error Overrun/Stack-Based Buffer: I just updated my laptop to the latest Windows 10 build.When I opened settings to check something and clicked on Network & Internet, I got this error that crashes settings after I close it.SystemSettings.exe - System ErrorCRITICAL ERRORThe system detected an overrun of...
  4. SystemSettings.exe - System Error Overrun/Stack-Based Buffer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application, This overrun...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application, This overrun...: It says that when i tried to open open network and internet settings. does anyone know a fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-system-detected-an-overrun-of-a-stack-based/49da1d7d-763a-4202-a669-8ed39b13d933
  6. The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application, This overrun...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application, This overrun...: It says that when i tried to open open network and internet settings. does anyone know a fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-system-detected-an-overrun-of-a-stack-based/49da1d7d-763a-4202-a669-8ed39b13d933
  7. The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application, This overrun...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. SystemSettings.exe - System Error Overrun/Stack-Based Buffer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SystemSettings.exe - System Error Overrun/Stack-Based Buffer: I just updated my laptop to the latest Windows 10 build. When I opened settings to check something and clicked on Network & Internet, I got this error that crashes settings after I close it. SystemSettings.exe - System Error CRITICAL ERROR The system detected an...
  9. System Detected Stack-Based Buffer Overrun

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Detected Stack-Based Buffer Overrun: Hi guys, having some trouble here. I cannot find a solution, I've tried everything I can think of to no avail. One of the games I play seems to have become corrupted and caused a crash. Now it won't launch at all. That is not the main problem. The PC refuses to uninstall...
  10. The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application. This overrun...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application. This overrun...: PROCESS_NAME: BlackDesert64. ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000409 - The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application. This overrun could potentially allow a malicious user to gain control of this application. I recently bluescreened and this was...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. explorer.exe overrun 9f a stack

2. det ble oppdaget en overfylt i en stakkbasert buffer

3. system.exe - system error overrun of stack based buffer

4. iexplore.exe - system eror The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer,
  5. explorer.exe overrun fix,
  6. windows det ble oppdaget en stakkbasert buffer