Windows 10: System Error - I cannot open my settings tab "apps" to uninstall some of them. The settings...

Discus and support System Error - I cannot open my settings tab "apps" to uninstall some of them. The settings... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi there, I am definitly not a techy person, and I think i have a virus on my computer. I have MalwareBytes, but my trial ended and I haven't upgraded... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MaiTheDragoon, Jun 4, 2020.

1. System Error - I cannot open my settings tab "apps" to uninstall some of them. The settings...

Hi there, I am definitly not a techy person, and I think i have a virus on my computer. I have MalwareBytes, but my trial ended and I haven't upgraded since. It will not detect any issues on my computer, but whenever I open my settings to uninstall an app, it suddenly crashes and the next message pops up:

SystemSettings.exe - System Error

Exception Processing Message 0xc0000006 Parameters
    0x7fff69b82d58 0x7fff69b82d58 0x7fff69b82d58 0x7fff69b82d58

If someone can tell me if this is indeed a virus or just an update gone wrong, I would be quite the happy person.

Thanks!

:)

MaiTheDragoon, Jun 4, 2020
  2. philc43 Win User

Cannot open mail app settings

OK, my next suggestion was going to be uninstalling Mail and Calendar and reinstalling from the Windows Store. You can have a go at this by following these steps.

1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell.
    2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    3. Enter the below command to remove the Mail and calendar app.

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app from the Windows Store.

Hope this helps, you will, of course, have to add you accounts back again.

philc43, Jun 4, 2020
  3. mrgeek Win User
    Opening edge with set tab

" I would like it for me to open Edge so that Outlook.com mail opens automatically in the first tab on start up or closing all tabs and selecting Edge again."

Open your Mail in a tab, to get address, then open Settings. Hit the 3 line menu (upper L) then Startup. Use the options in screenshot. I have 2 start pages listed but you get the idea -

System Error - I cannot open my settings tab "apps" to uninstall some of them. The settings... [​IMG]

mrgeek, Jun 4, 2020
  4. System Error - I cannot open my settings tab "apps" to uninstall some of them. The settings...

Open settings of Windows 8 App

Hi Thomas,

In response to your query, please be informed that Windows 10 is in the list of supported operating system for Modern Reader. Also, the swipe from the right option is for Windows 8 and 8.1 therefore, that step will not open the settings. However, most
    apps have their own settings, therefore, I suggest you to look for a gear icon in the app and check if you are able to find the option you are looking for.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Jun 4, 2020
Thema:

System Error - I cannot open my settings tab "apps" to uninstall some of them. The settings...

1. System Error - I cannot open my settings tab "apps" to uninstall some of them. The settings... - Similar Threads - System Error cannot

2. Cannot open settings and other system apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot open settings and other system apps: I am having an issue with my surface pro 7 that started after it updated to windows 11. At first one user profile of two would not load windows and the screen remained black. I was able to create a new profile from the working profile. However now i am experiencing an issue...
  3. Cannot open settings and other system apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot open settings and other system apps: I am having an issue with my surface pro 7 that started after it updated to windows 11. At first one user profile of two would not load windows and the screen remained black. I was able to create a new profile from the working profile. However now i am experiencing an issue...
  4. System tab in Settings will not open or stay open.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System tab in Settings will not open or stay open.: Hello,I am running Windows 10 and I cannot open the System tab in the Settings menu. I've tried running a sfc/ scannow command in the command prompt, but my computer is also not recognizing me as the Administrator. I don't know how to move forward....
  5. System tab in Settings will not open or stay open.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System tab in Settings will not open or stay open.: Hello,I am running Windows 10 and I cannot open the System tab in the Settings menu. I've tried running a sfc/ scannow command in the command prompt, but my computer is also not recognizing me as the Administrator. I don't know how to move forward....
  6. System tab in Settings will not open or stay open.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. cannot open settings app

in Windows 10 Customization
    cannot open settings app: Every time I attempt to open the settings app on my PC, I receive an error saying "There’s a problem with Settings. Refreshing your PC might help fix it." I feel like have exhausted every option at this point, please help...
  8. Cannot open settings app

Cannot open settings app: Every time I attempt to open the settings app on my PC, I receive an error saying "There’s a problem with Settings. Refreshing your PC might help fix it." I feel like have exhausted every option at this point, please help...
  9. i cannot get my settings tab to open

i cannot get my settings tab to open: when i hit the settings tab it flashes for a second and the disappears and i dont know how to fix the issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-get-my-settings-tab-to-open/17b87704-e209-4d59-a007-fa5d0df78b44
  10. My settings tab will not open

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My settings tab will not open: My settings tab will not open. I have also not associated my PC with my microsoft account. When I run command prompt I don't have administrator privilages. From the troubleshooters I have gone through it seems I now need to reinstall windows but first I need to associate my...