Windows 10: System Event Log 24641: "An unexpected error was encountered attempting to retrieve the...

Discus and support System Event Log 24641: "An unexpected error was encountered attempting to retrieve the... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; The above error has started appearing over the past 2 days. However, the system seems to be working just fine, should I be concerned or do anything?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Arthur Pewty2, Jul 23, 2020.

1. System Event Log 24641: "An unexpected error was encountered attempting to retrieve the...

The above error has started appearing over the past 2 days. However, the system seems to be working just fine, should I be concerned or do anything?

I have several drives, all of which are Bitlocker encrypted and I have a motherboard with TPM enabled and apparently working just fine. No errors reported in the TPM troubleshooter, nor in the BIOS and everything looks fine. All the drives auto-unlock on boot, with me simply entering my pin at logon. So I assume the system is clearly reading the keys from the TPM chip without issue, or else the drives could not unlock, right?

I have checked the recovery keys manually, and they all work fine as well.

So I am a bit stumped as to what the Windows error is about? Should I just ignore it? The "fix" it would seem would be to disable Bitlocker and re-enable it. But that would take days since disabling it on C: will also require disabling it on the other drives, so we are talking tens of Terabytes. Understandably I am very, very reluctant to do that simply to sort out an event log error!

Any thoughts/suggestions?

:)

Arthur Pewty2, Jul 23, 2020

2. Samsung 970 EVO - Event ID 50, 51, and 24641 Troubleshooting

Hello All,

I have two Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe SSD installed in my system. I am using the current version of the Samsung NVMe driver at the time of this writing which is v 3.3. These events only appear when the system is booted from a shutdown state or restarted.
    If you didn't go into event viewer you would think the system is operating normally. There are no error dialogs or unexpected problems with the system otherwise. The diagnostic scans come back that the drives are working normally and so I am trying to get
    some advice on how to troubleshoot further. The event IDs are pointing to both drives and to me that indicates this is likely not a drive issue since it is very unlikely both drives would be failing at the same time. Here are the event IDs and the disk associated.
    TIA

Event ID 50 (NTFS) - No Disk Specified

{Delayed Write Failed} Windows was unable to save all the data for the file . The data has been lost. This error may be caused by a failure of your computer hardware or network connection. Please try to save this file elsewhere.

Event ID 51 (Disk) - Disk 0

An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk0\DR0 during a paging operation.

Event ID 24641 (BitLocker-Driver) - Disk 1

An unexpected error was encountered attempting to retrieve the BitLocker volume master key during restart.

TEK411.com, Jul 31, 2020
  3. System Event Log 24641: "An unexpected error was encountered attempting to retrieve the BitLocker volume master key during restart".

The above error has started appearing over the past 2 days. However, the system seems to be working just fine, should I be concerned or do anything?

I have several drives, all of which are Bitlocker encrypted and I have a motherboard with TPM enabled and apparently working just fine. No errors reported in the TPM troubleshooter, nor in the BIOS and everything looks fine. All the drives auto-unlock on
    boot, with me simply entering my pin at logon. So I assume the system is clearly reading the keys from the TPM chip without issue, or else the drives could not unlock, right?

I have checked the recovery keys manually, and they all work fine as well.

So I am a bit stumped as to what the Windows error is about? Should I just ignore it? The "fix" it would seem would be to disable Bitlocker and re-enable it. But that would take days since disabling it on C: will also require disabling it on the other
    drives, so we are talking tens of Terabytes. Understandably I am very, very reluctant to do that simply to sort out an event log error!

Any thoughts/suggestions?

Arthur Pewty(2), Jul 31, 2020
  4. f14tomcat Win User

System Event Log 24641: "An unexpected error was encountered attempting to retrieve the...

A Volume Shadow Copy Service component encountered an unexpected error

If this just started happening, and because of the part of the error I highlighted, you may have have a damaged system component. Suggest you run sfc /scannow to see if it finds any damaged components and can fix them, then reboot and try again.

Tutorial if needed:

*Arrow Run SFC Command in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials

f14tomcat, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

System Event Log 24641: "An unexpected error was encountered attempting to retrieve the...

1. System Event Log 24641: "An unexpected error was encountered attempting to retrieve the... - Similar Threads - System Event Log

2. The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows...: I tried resetting my PC Asus it got to 98% and now I keep getting this message - “The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click. Ok to restart the computer, and then restart the...
  3. The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows...

The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows...: So, this is a topic that has been covered elsewhere, but my issue has a further complication.My computer was really slow, so I wanted to do a full reset and wipe everything after doing a backup of my data first.After quite a few hours, the computer had done its wiping and...
  4. The computer started unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The computer started unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error: Hi when I turn on my HP lap top then on screen it appears that the computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error.window instalation cannot proceed .To install Windows click ok But when i click ok same thing comes up.Can someone help please, Thanks....
  5. The computer started unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error

The computer started unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error: Hi when I turn on my HP lap top then on screen it appears that the computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error.window instalation cannot proceed .To install Windows click ok But when i click ok same thing comes up.Can someone help please, Thanks....
  6. The computer started unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error

Windows restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error: Dell G3 3590, didn't boot up so tried to reinstall using a flash drive with windows 10 from the media creation tool. It gets stuck at the "Getting devices ready" stage and was forced to hard shut down which makes it loop in "Windows restarted unexpectedly or encountered an...
  8. "There was an unexpected error in the property page: System Restore encountered an error....

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "There was an unexpected error in the property page: System Restore encountered an error....: Help? I only found a thread from 2010 which doesn't fix my issue, help? Windows 10. Thankyou to anyone who provides any help or fixes. It would be really appreciated for a 2020 response I can read :) submitted by /u/BasketballHighlight [link] [comments]...
  9. "There was an unexpected error in the property page: System Restore encountered an error....

in Windows 10 Customization
    "There was an unexpected error in the property page: System Restore encountered an error....: Help? I only found a thread from 2010 which doesn't fix my issue, help? Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-was-an-unexpected-error-in-the-property-page/1d68b6ef-5096-4fbf-85c8-02e689957cb2
  10. Error message "The Computer Restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error"...

Error message "The Computer Restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error"...: the computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error windows installation cannot proceed. To install windows, click "OK" to restart the computer, and then restart the installation I tried to Press shift + F10 but I didn't get cmd. Kindly advice me....