Windows 10: System Event Sound Problems

Discus and support System Event Sound Problems in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; For some reason, most of the system event sounds refuse to play when a system event occurs, and trying to test the event sounds in the Sounds tab won't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by silentreaper, Jan 24, 2017.

1. System Event Sound Problems

For some reason, most of the system event sounds refuse to play when a system event occurs, and trying to test the event sounds in the Sounds tab won't play at all. However, playing audio from any other program works fine, and as far as I can tell, there are no audio driver problems.

:)

silentreaper, Jan 24, 2017
  2. ckch03 Win User

system sound event problem in windows 10

thanks for the reply but as I indicated everything is enabled all the way to the registry. in the sound event you can test the sound and it works. but as far as win 10 doing or making sound happen which ever sound that maybe it will not do it.

ckch03, Jan 24, 2017
  3. Kathy237 Win User
    system sound event problem in windows 10

I had that same problem.....all I did to fix it was restart my computer and it corrected itself...worth a try if you haven't done that yet.

Kathy237, Jan 24, 2017
  4. System Event Sound Problems

When you open system sounds is the test button grayed out or is it enable an you just hear nothing

Just a quick check. Right click on Speaker in systray, lower right, and open Volume Mixer. Any chance system sounds set very low or are are muted?

Caledon Ken, Jan 24, 2017
  5. The test button was enabled and I couldn't hear anything.

Apparently, my system sound was muted, but for some reason, some system event sounds still played. In any case, that fixed my problem (but i'm not sure how the system volume got set to 0; I know I didn't do that manually).

silentreaper, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

System Event Sound Problems

1. System Event Sound Problems - Similar Threads - System Event Sound

2. Windows System Sounds Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows System Sounds Problem: My Windows sounds have gone missing, Windows 11 22H2. I go into Control Panel, Hardware and Sound, select Change System Sounds and then the Sounds tab. If I click test on any of them they are all silent. Clicking browse to change them takes me to C:/Windows/Media and I can...
  3. Windows System Sounds Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows System Sounds Problem: My Windows sounds have gone missing, Windows 11 22H2. I go into Control Panel, Hardware and Sound, select Change System Sounds and then the Sounds tab. If I click test on any of them they are all silent. Clicking browse to change them takes me to C:/Windows/Media and I can...
  4. System sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    System sound: I have Windows 10 installed on my laptop. System sound is found to be muted. How do I unmute it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-sound/1dabb1eb-1571-49a8-a10b-c9a87b06f9e0
  5. Airpods and system sound problem

Airpods and system sound problem: Ok, so i have this problem. When i use my airpods on my pc i can listen to music with them through spotify, but if i for example play minecraft at the same time, the music from spotify plays on my airpods but the sounds from minecraft play through the speakers on the pc....
  6. A device attached to the system is not functioning Sound problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    A device attached to the system is not functioning Sound problem: I am running Windows 10 upgraded from Windows 7 on an HP PC and when I hover over the speaker icon on the taskbar it says no audio output device is installed. In the Device Manager it shows under Other devices Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus with an exclamation...
  7. System sound

System sound: I have windows 10 and there is a pull up widow at the lower right hand of the task bar. I used to be able to click on the speaker emblem and change between my tv and my computer. when I click on the speaker emblem now nothing happens. any ideas on how to correct the issue?...
  8. System Sounds Problem

System Sounds Problem: Hi My laptop Lenovo Y700 running windows 10 showed me bluescreen after playing a game and after that sound systems such as USB plugin sounds or the sound after clicking on the sound scroll on the taskbar and etc had stopped working. What should I do now?! Thank you....
  9. Weird sound problem in Windows 10 System sounds not playing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Weird sound problem in Windows 10 System sounds not playing: I have a strange problem in W10 .. Fall Creators Update... but it is NOT no sound... just many system sounds do not play and will not play out of the Control Panel sound app sound test. The .wav files all play if I go to /Windows/media and select them, but will not from the...
  10. No System Event Sounds After Upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    No System Event Sounds After Upgrade: Good day. I've had Windows 10 since August, and for the most part, things have been going relatively okay. My only real glaring problem with the OS is that I can no longer here a sound during a system event. By that I mean the usual sounds like when you're clicking through...