Windows 10: "System failed to change the state of the TPM"

Discus and support "System failed to change the state of the TPM" in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; HiA few weeks ago, when turning on my Surface Book 2, I was greeted with the Bitlocker recovery screen, asking me to input a recovery key. Entering a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MattCz, Oct 10, 2021.

1. MattCz Win User

"System failed to change the state of the TPM"

HiA few weeks ago, when turning on my Surface Book 2, I was greeted with the Bitlocker recovery screen, asking me to input a recovery key. Entering a key would cause the laptop to restart and would end up back at the Bitlocker recovery screen. I was ultimately able to get back into my pc by pausing Bitlocker. Today I wanted to update to Windows 11, but my pc told me I a TPM 2.0 must be enabled on this pc. I know for sure I have one, it is just not enabled. But any attempts to enable it haven't worked. I tried enabling it in BIOS, but it would tell me "System failed to change the state of the T

:)

MattCz, Oct 10, 2021
  2. Sasqui Win User

Need help on whether to clear TPM on not

It's clear as mud. As far as I can tell, it's specific to Windows, not necessarily activated programs like MacAfee, games, etc etc etc. MS Office, I have no idea.

Here's a lengthy doc on it: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/wi...initialize-and-configure-ownership-of-the-tpm

Sasqui, Oct 10, 2021
  3. TPM update

Don't know if this is the right place for this thread but whatever, laptop informed me that " a firmware update is needed for you security processor (TPM)," now, i looked up what to do and from a microsoft support thing, the last step says to clear the tpm. it has a warning saying to back up my data, i would like to know what clearing the tpm does, and what measures i need to take to make sure nothing goes wrong.

ReeeeallyThough, Oct 10, 2021
  4. Ethan.ASI Win User

Issue after upgrading TPM firmware

Hello,

This is the update that I am trying to accomplish: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4096377/windows-10-update-security-processor-tpm-firmware

However after completing the steps that are listed within this article I am still not able to complete the actual upgrade. I still have the pop up that states i need to upgrade.

I followed the following steps:

1. ensure all upgrades are up to date.

2. download the specific .EXE firmware update file and run it on my machine as an administrator

3. clear TPM and restart.

however simple these steps are I have not been able to complete the update.

I am on a HP Z240 SFF 1.2 TPM

What can I do to ensure that my TPM is updated to the latest firmware?

Ethan.ASI, Oct 10, 2021
Thema:

1. "System failed to change the state of the TPM" - Similar Threads - System failed change

2. TPM failure - The system failed to change the state of the TPM. Please reboot the system to...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    TPM failure - The system failed to change the state of the TPM. Please reboot the system to...: I have a s Surface Book 2 with Windows 10 installed. WIndows 10 update KB5034441 fails with the error code 0x80070643. The Windows update page says "This PC doesn't currently meet the minimum system requirements to run WIndows 11." PC Health Check says "TPM 2.0 must be...
  3. TPM failure - The system failed to change the state of the TPM. Please reboot the system to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TPM failure - The system failed to change the state of the TPM. Please reboot the system to...: I have a s Surface Book 2 with Windows 10 installed. WIndows 10 update KB5034441 fails with the error code 0x80070643. The Windows update page says "This PC doesn't currently meet the minimum system requirements to run WIndows 11." PC Health Check says "TPM 2.0 must be...
  4. TPM failure - The system failed to change the state of the TPM. Please reboot the system to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Hyper-V Manager failed to change state

Hyper-V Manager failed to change state: I issued something seems to be a bug.I am running Linux virtual machine Ubuntu 20.04, and I got kernel-panic inside the machine literally called panic function.When I Power the machine off virtually, by the manager everything happen just fine.The problem happens when I try to...
  6. Hyper-V Manager failed to change state

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hyper-V Manager failed to change state: I issued something seems to be a bug.I am running Linux virtual machine Ubuntu 20.04, and I got kernel-panic inside the machine literally called panic function.When I Power the machine off virtually, by the manager everything happen just fine.The problem happens when I try to...
  7. Hyper-V Fails to change state and start

Hyper-V Fails to change state and start: Hi all,I hope someone is able to assist me with an issue that I am having.We have got our DC Server which is slowly being phased out running in a Hyper-V in a Windows Server 2016 server.This server has been running without fault for approx. 4 months now, and then on Tuesday,...
  8. Hyper-V Fails to change state and start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-V Fails to change state and start: Hi all,I hope someone is able to assist me with an issue that I am having.We have got our DC Server which is slowly being phased out running in a Hyper-V in a Windows Server 2016 server.This server has been running without fault for approx. 4 months now, and then on Tuesday,...
  9. "System failed to change the state of the TPM"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "System failed to change the state of the TPM": HiA few weeks ago, when turning on my Surface Book 2, I was greeted with the Bitlocker recovery screen, asking me to input a recovery key. Entering a key would cause the laptop to restart and would end up back at the Bitlocker recovery screen. I was ultimately able to get...
  10. "System failed to change the state of the TPM"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "System failed to change the state of the TPM": HiA few weeks ago, when turning on my Surface Book 2, I was greeted with the Bitlocker recovery screen, asking me to input a recovery key. Entering a key would cause the laptop to restart and would end up back at the Bitlocker recovery screen. I was ultimately able to get...