Windows 10: System failure during gaming, Kernel ID 41 related

Discus and support System failure during gaming, Kernel ID 41 related in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Greetings, I have plenty of experience troubleshooting windows but it seems on rare occasions I require assistance from professionals. See, I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Nicholas_P, Nov 19, 2020.

1. System failure during gaming, Kernel ID 41 related

Greetings, I have plenty of experience troubleshooting windows but it seems on rare occasions I require assistance from professionals.

See, I'm trying to troubleshoot an issue so elusive that it causes a system crash most notably when playing any video games from CPU/GPU intensive and non intensive, it still manages to freeze my computer for a mere seconds and get stuck to a weird kind of state where it's a black screen and the DRAM orange light flashing as seen inthis video that i have uploaded.

I would like to quickly mention that this does not happen on a Linux KDE Neon operating system, I do not imply any bad-mouthing for Windows, but it seems in Linux, a 24-Hour GPU burn in test using Unigine Valley bench-marking program using OpenGL API is a sound success and it didn't showed any more stability issues, but ironically enough when in desktop there is a small chance that the operating system will freeze completely.

In Windows, running Unigine Valley with either OpenGL or DirectX there is a chance between 1 hour to 3 hours a fatal crash will happen as seen in the video previously mentioned.

Now, hardware-wise I have tried a different power supply, different GPU, swapped ram slots, tried different ram sticks, removed any excess peripherals, unplugged any USB hubs from motherboard, removed any additional storage drives, tried older windows versions, split the psu rails for the motherboard and many more. -- The only difference is, if a less powerful GPU is installed video games have significant less chance of crashing, as you seen that my most powerful GPU was laying next to my build, and the weaker GPU that was installed caused that system failure.

My Windows build always is up to date, same as my Motherboard and GPU BIOS. As for Drivers, most of them are up to date, devices I don't intent to use are disabled from motherboard.

I have disabled auto-restart for now, and changed from Automatic memory dump to Kernel Memory dump, I was not sure which to chose either Minidump, Kernel Dump or Complete dump.

I would like to post a report that I found in an event log, In Windows Logs: System:

Log Name: System

Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power

Date: 11/19/2020 7:54:52 PM

Event ID: 41

Task Category: 63

Level: Critical

Keywords: 70368744177664,2

User: SYSTEM

Computer: DESKTOP-EB52UFG

Description:

The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4}" />

<EventID>41</EventID>

<Version>8</Version>

<Level>1</Level>

<Task>63</Task>

<Opcode>0</Opcode>

<Keywords>0x8000400000000002</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2020-11-19T17:54:52.6844574Z" />

<EventRecordID>1989</EventRecordID>

<Correlation />

<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />

<Channel>System</Channel>

<Computer>DESKTOP-EB52UFG</Computer>

<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data Name="BugcheckCode">209</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0x0</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0x9</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0x1</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0xfffff8036bc841a1</Data>

<Data Name="SleepInProgress">0</Data>

<Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>

<Data Name="BootAppStatus">0</Data>

<Data Name="Checkpoint">0</Data>

<Data Name="ConnectedStandbyInProgress">false</Data>

<Data Name="SystemSleepTransitionsToOn">0</Data>

<Data Name="CsEntryScenarioInstanceId">0</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckInfoFromEFI">false</Data>

<Data Name="CheckpointStatus">0</Data>

<Data Name="CsEntryScenarioInstanceIdV2">0</Data>

<Data Name="LongPowerButtonPressDetected">false</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

:)

Nicholas_P, Nov 19, 2020

2. Kernel-Power event id 41. BugcheckCode 0

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In-order to get more clarity on this issue and to assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, reply with answers to the below questions:

1. Are you aware of any changes made on your PC, prior to this issue?
    2. Is this issue specific while playing a particular game?
    3. Which edition of Windows are you currently using?

A Kernel Power Event 41 can occur in the following scenarios.

Scenario 1: The computer restarts, and there is a Stop error BugcheckCode in the event data.

Scenario 2: The computer is shut down by pressing and holding the power button.

Scenario 3: The system randomly restarts and no Stop error BugcheckCode is listed, or the computer is completely unresponsive (hard hang).

I suggest you refer the article on Kernel
    Power Event ID 41
    and follow the steps for the scenario that is causing this error on your PC.

Additionally, you can refer the article on Windows
    Kernel event ID 41 error "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first" in Windows

and check if that helps.

Regards,

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Nov 19, 2020
  3. Kernel-Power Event ID 41 Task 63

Hello,

The kernel power event ID 41 error may happen when the computer is shut down, or it restarts unexpectedly.

To help resolve your concern, kindly follow the steps created by Nyima Yonten on this

Do let us know if you need further assistance.

Raymond Ave, Nov 19, 2020
  4. System failure during gaming, Kernel ID 41 related

Michelle Vil, Nov 19, 2020
Thema:

System failure during gaming, Kernel ID 41 related

1. System failure during gaming, Kernel ID 41 related - Similar Threads - System failure during

2. How to Solve Kernel Powerl Failure / Event ID 41 permanently?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Solve Kernel Powerl Failure / Event ID 41 permanently?: I bought my PC in January 2020 and till November 2023, there has been a case of 'Kernel Power Failure', aka 'Event ID 41' a total of 4-5 times. However, in December 2023 alone, there have been multiple occurrences in a single day. I have exhausted all the options I could find...
  3. How to Solve Kernel Powerl Failure / Event ID 41 permanently?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Solve Kernel Powerl Failure / Event ID 41 permanently?: I bought my PC in January 2020 and till November 2023, there has been a case of 'Kernel Power Failure', aka 'Event ID 41' a total of 4-5 times. However, in December 2023 alone, there have been multiple occurrences in a single day. I have exhausted all the options I could find...
  4. How to Solve Kernel Powerl Failure / Event ID 41 permanently?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Event ID KERNEL-41

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event ID KERNEL-41: My pc is ACER PREDATOR-PO3-600INTELR CORE I7-9700 CPU @ 3.00GHz 8CPUS16 GB RAMRTX 2060 My motherboard failed and I gave it into repair at geek squad. I got it back after a month and a week. Booted it up, I got POOL CORRUPTION bluescree. I switched the rams onto another slot...
  6. Event ID KERNEL-41

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Event ID KERNEL-41: My pc is ACER PREDATOR-PO3-600INTELR CORE I7-9700 CPU @ 3.00GHz 8CPUS16 GB RAMRTX 2060 My motherboard failed and I gave it into repair at geek squad. I got it back after a month and a week. Booted it up, I got POOL CORRUPTION bluescree. I switched the rams onto another slot...
  7. Event ID KERNEL-41

8. Kernel-Power ID 41

Kernel-Power ID 41: I have following problem: -<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> -<System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4}" /> <EventID>41</EventID> <Version>6</Version> <Level>1</Level>...
  9. Kernel event ID 41

Kernel event ID 41: Unexpected reboots are usually caused by PSU. Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Date: 21.01.2020 9:41:12 Event ID: 41 Task Category: 63 Level: Critical Keywords: 70368744177664. Please, help me. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgzVXjcBeVqdlBnh6CGH5pqf4_G7?e=me0o2u...
  10. Kernel-Power ID 41

Kernel-Power ID 41: Hi everyone, I have bought a new PC and since then I have had these BSOD frequently. I have a list of the names of the blue screens as it showed. I performed a clean installation and installed all drivers, all updated to date. This is a list of the errors that appeared...