Windows 10: System File Checker errors reported...

Discus and support System File Checker errors reported... in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I occasionally run Windows System File Checker (sfc /scannow) and for the first time, it's reported some errors. I've no idea how to interpret the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Peter B, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Peter B Win User

System File Checker errors reported...

I occasionally run Windows System File Checker (sfc /scannow) and for the first time, it's reported some errors.

I've no idea how to interpret the results from the CBS.log, which I've attached, and wondered if someone could take a glance and enlighten me, please?

Thank you.CBS.log

:)

Peter B, Jul 11, 2019

2. file system error -1073545193

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

From the description provided, I understand that you are encountering the error message when you are trying to access any media file in the CD/DVD Drive of your computer.

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      sfc/scannow
      and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be happy to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jul 11, 2019
  3. System got shutdown while running System File Checker

Hello Emily,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• What issue were you facing in Windows to run the system file checker?
    • Did you get any error message while shutting down?
    • For which application were you getting as "elements not found"?
    Please post to us with more information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jul 11, 2019
  4. System File Checker errors reported...

Sumit Dhiman2, Jul 11, 2019
Thema:

System File Checker errors reported...

1. System File Checker errors reported... - Similar Threads - System File Checker

2. System File Checker Tool

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System File Checker Tool: After running the System File Checker Tool there were some files that were repaired. Wanting to read the log I put the command in to see the TXT file and it states " Cannot open %WINDIR%LOGSCBSCBS.LOG How do I access this text file?...
  3. System File Checker Tool

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System File Checker Tool: After running the System File Checker Tool there were some files that were repaired. Wanting to read the log I put the command in to see the TXT file and it states " Cannot open %WINDIR%LOGSCBSCBS.LOG How do I access this text file?...
  4. System file checker

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System file checker: I am having trouble with a new upgrade in that occasionally the computer spontaneously re-boots and produces a blue screen, I tried to run sfc.exe /scannow from the run box but all that happens is a flash over the desktop. I suspect it is because I am not running as...
  5. System file checker not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    System file checker not working: My system got very slow from past week. I searched and tried lots of tips from internet. Someone the sfc command is not working. Can anyone help me out ? And how can I improve my PC performance ?...
  6. System File Checker Log

System File Checker Log: I just run the System File Checker sfc /scannow on my Windows 10 laptop. It found corrupt files and successfully fixed them. How do I identify what this corrupt files that were successfully fixed in CBS.Log %WinDir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log? I have the resulting CBS.log but I do not...
  7. System file checker error

System file checker error: Hi, recently i have done an sfc/scannow and the result says there were some errors that cant be repaired. I have done an sfc offline scan and the result is there are no errors. I went into the cbs log of the first sfc scan and searched for cannot repair files but there were...
  8. System File Checker errors reported...

in Windows 10 Support
    System File Checker errors reported...: I occasionally run Windows System File Checker (sfc /scannow) and for the first time, it's reported some errors. I've no idea how to interpret the results from the CBS.log, which I've attached, and wondered if someone could take a glance and enlighten me, please? Thank...
  9. System File Checker Problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System File Checker Problem: The computer is not running slow and no BSOD screens. All my computer specs are listed, if anything is missing that I need to add, let me know if needed to resolve this problem. 1st - I ran the sfc /scannow command: [img] So I rebooted and ran the DISM restore health:...
  10. system file checker

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    system file checker: so my win 10 pc has found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. who knows how many. what is the best way to find and fix the corrupt files? I tried dism, but no source found. do we have good quick way of doing this? I upgraded from 8.1 to 10. I have the recovery...