Windows 10: System file checker found a lot of corruptions and I don't know how to fix them, will...

Discus and support System file checker found a lot of corruptions and I don't know how to fix them, will... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I ran the scf/scannow, several times and many corruptions were found. Also, there are hundreds of the same items in all different locations, even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by awells23462, Jul 11, 2019.

1. System file checker found a lot of corruptions and I don't know how to fix them, will...

I ran the scf/scannow, several times and many corruptions were found. Also, there are hundreds of the same items in all different locations, even locations I never knew about. I am afraid to delete anything. I am running DSIM online Clean and Restore Health; I copied the link. Will this fix the problems? I lost my Ethernet connection, I tried everything but it's still running on Bluetooth devices. I am trying to avoid a clean install, I just got all new updates. Thank you.

:)

awells23462, Jul 11, 2019

2. Corrupt file - Can't fix. [Fixed]

Hi Vincent,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community.

Before proceeding, please check if the same issue occur when logged in through a different user account.

Ref: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-set-up-accounts

Please perform the below steps and see if it helps to resolve the issue.

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin)
      to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Hope this information helps. Please post us if you need any further assistance with Windows.

Thank you.

Sagnik_Chakraborty, Jul 11, 2019
  3. System File Checker Problem

The computer is not running slow and no BSOD screens. All my computer specs are listed, if anything is missing that I need to add, let me know if needed to resolve this problem.

1st - I ran the sfc /scannow command:

System file checker found a lot of corruptions and I don't know how to fix them, will... [​IMG]

So I rebooted and ran the DISM restore health:

System file checker found a lot of corruptions and I don't know how to fix them, will... [​IMG]

It completed successfully and I rebooted. So I ran the sfc /scannow command again and it fixed the corrupted files:

I then rebooted and ran the sfc /scannow command again and it found no violations:

I shut down the computer for maybe a half hour and all of the sudden the sfc /scannow found corrupt files again when I ran it. The screenshot isn't necessary because we already know what it looks like from my first image.

This is part of my CBS log that I think points to the culprit; but I'll attach the whole log for anyone that can help:

EyeInTheSky, Jul 11, 2019
  4. Anne Ros Win User

System file checker found a lot of corruptions and I don't know how to fix them, will...

corrupt Folder in File Explorer

Hi,

this might be caused by a virus or a corrupted files. To assist you in resolving the issue, we suggest running the System File Checker. It helps scan and restore corrupted files. Check this link on how to know the step-by-step procedure in performing
    System File Checker.

Let us know if you need further help.

Anne Ros, Jul 11, 2019
Thema:

System file checker found a lot of corruptions and I don't know how to fix them, will...

1. System file checker found a lot of corruptions and I don't know how to fix them, will... - Similar Threads - System file checker

2. SFC scan found corrupt files and was unable to fix some of them.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SFC scan found corrupt files and was unable to fix some of them.: In accordance with the title, I decided to run an SFC scan after I had to forcibly shut my laptop down after a system freeze. It did find corrupt files and was unable to fix all of them. I've included the CBS.log file if a diagnosis is possible. My laptop is the Dell G3 as...
  3. Sfc /scannow found corrupted files but could not fix them

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sfc /scannow found corrupted files but could not fix them: Hey guys I tried the sfc /scannow and it found corrupted files but could not repair them also my situation is Whenever I try to turn my laptop on normally it blue screens and says "Critical service failed" and sometime is mentions something about trail.txt or something like...
  4. System File Checker Corruption

System File Checker Corruption: Hi All Discovered system file checker after removing Avast, offline repair so far not working the way I want it to, My drives are configured boot ssd, D for storage, yet the list in Command prompt on startup up shows X:\Windows, well tried C, D, X and still wouldn't run...
  5. Sfc /scannow..... found corrupt files but unable to fix some of them.

Sfc /scannow..... found corrupt files but unable to fix some of them.: Win 10 version 1709 build 16299.402. I did a system file check and it said ........ "found corrupt files but unable to fix some of them". I am not looking for a solution, such as dism ..... restorehealth. I am just wondering if it is my computer or someone else is...
  6. System File Checker found problems.

System File Checker found problems.: Hi, I spend the last week discovering my new computer. Updating some drivers, downloading some software, things here and there. The computer is not slow. Sometimes it shows compatibility problems with some software and games, like every Windows 10 user seem to have in the...
  7. sfc /scannow found corrupted files but could not fix them.

sfc /scannow found corrupted files but could not fix them.: Hello. For quite a while, my computer had slow boot up and shutdown times and I searched online that sfc /scannow could probably help. I've tried every method regarding sfc /scannow and nothing worked. I've also included a CBS Log file to help me (the file size is 1mb too...
  8. sfc /scannow found corrupt files but was unable to fix them

sfc /scannow found corrupt files but was unable to fix them: Hello. I'm using Windows 10 with the latest Skip Ahead build 17004. Running the OS on a Lenovo Z50-70 laptop. Because of boredom I decided to run the sfc /scannow command and it seems I got some errors. All the errors are something like: "Error: Overlap: Duplicate...
  9. system file checker

system file checker: so my win 10 pc has found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. who knows how many. what is the best way to find and fix the corrupt files? I tried dism, but no source found. do we have good quick way of doing this? I upgraded from 8.1 to 10. I have the recovery...
  10. Found corrupt files but not fixed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Found corrupt files but not fixed: Hi there, I was having a problem with my start button on windows 10, so i decided to go ahead and do sfc /scannow. It said it found corrupt files, but could not repair them, so i went ahead and done DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth. This then said "Error:...