Windows 10: System file checker found a lot of corruptions and I don't know how to fix them, will...

Discus and support System file checker found a lot of corruptions and I don't know how to fix them, will... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I ran the scf/scannow, several times and many corruptions were found. Also, there are hundreds of the same items in all different locations, even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by awells23462, Jul 11, 2019.

1. System file checker found a lot of corruptions and I don't know how to fix them, will...

I ran the scf/scannow, several times and many corruptions were found. Also, there are hundreds of the same items in all different locations, even locations I never knew about. I am afraid to delete anything. I am running DSIM online Clean and Restore Health; I copied the link. Will this fix the problems? I lost my Ethernet connection, I tried everything but it's still running on Bluetooth devices. I am trying to avoid a clean install, I just got all new updates. Thank you.

:)

awells23462, Jul 11, 2019

2. Corrupt file - Can't fix. [Fixed]

Hi Vincent,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community.

Before proceeding, please check if the same issue occur when logged in through a different user account.

Ref: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-set-up-accounts

Please perform the below steps and see if it helps to resolve the issue.

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin)
      to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Hope this information helps. Please post us if you need any further assistance with Windows.

Thank you.

Sagnik_Chakraborty, Jul 11, 2019
  3. System File Checker Problem

The computer is not running slow and no BSOD screens. All my computer specs are listed, if anything is missing that I need to add, let me know if needed to resolve this problem.

1st - I ran the sfc /scannow command:

System file checker found a lot of corruptions and I don't know how to fix them, will... [​IMG]

So I rebooted and ran the DISM restore health:

System file checker found a lot of corruptions and I don't know how to fix them, will... [​IMG]

It completed successfully and I rebooted. So I ran the sfc /scannow command again and it fixed the corrupted files:

I then rebooted and ran the sfc /scannow command again and it found no violations:

I shut down the computer for maybe a half hour and all of the sudden the sfc /scannow found corrupt files again when I ran it. The screenshot isn't necessary because we already know what it looks like from my first image.

This is part of my CBS log that I think points to the culprit; but I'll attach the whole log for anyone that can help:

EyeInTheSky, Jul 11, 2019
  4. Anne Ros Win User

System file checker found a lot of corruptions and I don't know how to fix them, will...

corrupt Folder in File Explorer

Hi,

this might be caused by a virus or a corrupted files. To assist you in resolving the issue, we suggest running the System File Checker. It helps scan and restore corrupted files. Check this link on how to know the step-by-step procedure in performing
    System File Checker.

Let us know if you need further help.

Anne Ros, Jul 11, 2019
Thema:

System file checker found a lot of corruptions and I don't know how to fix them, will...

1. System file checker found a lot of corruptions and I don't know how to fix them, will... - Similar Threads - System file checker

2. I have a bunch of corrupted files and I don't know how to fix them.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a bunch of corrupted files and I don't know how to fix them.: My computer has been having issues for a while but they were ignorable calculator or photos app not working but recently the taskbar, search bar, settings and start button stopped working aswell as many other apps. So i did a window reset with keeping my personal files. It...
  3. I have a bunch of corrupted files and I don't know how to fix them.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a bunch of corrupted files and I don't know how to fix them.: My computer has been having issues for a while but they were ignorable calculator or photos app not working but recently the taskbar, search bar, settings and start button stopped working aswell as many other apps. So i did a window reset with keeping my personal files. It...
  4. I have a bunch of corrupted files and I don't know how to fix them.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Corrupted system files and unable to fix them

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Corrupted system files and unable to fix them: I recently had a psu failure, which cause my pc to crash. Ever since I’ve been getting bsod anytime I try to run online games. I used sfc /scannow, which detected corrupted files. I ended up using a fresh clean installation of win 10 with a boot drive, but that still did not...
  6. Windows install corrupted and I don't know how to fix it

Windows install corrupted and I don't know how to fix it: I have an old laptop that I installed windows 10 on a few years ago, and now I'm trying to sell it so I factory reset the laptop, and while it was reinstalling windows something unplugged it and it died, I've tried a windows installation media USB but when I plug it in and...
  7. Corrupted Files in System File Checker

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Corrupted Files in System File Checker: I have been dealing with this issue for several weeks with no resolution. After running the System File Checker I keep receiving the following error: Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. For online repairs, details are...
  8. Don't know how to Run System File checker

Don't know how to Run System File checker: I'm trying to get a video game to work on my computer and nothing seems to work. After being in contact with the games publisher support for 3 days now, they suggested to run system file checker, I don't know how to do that. I can't make sense of the Microsoft's step by step...
  9. System File Checker Corruption

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System File Checker Corruption: Hi All Discovered system file checker after removing Avast, offline repair so far not working the way I want it to, My drives are configured boot ssd, D for storage, yet the list in Command prompt on startup up shows X:\Windows, well tried C, D, X and still wouldn't run...
  10. System File Checker found problems.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System File Checker found problems.: Hi, I spend the last week discovering my new computer. Updating some drivers, downloading some software, things here and there. The computer is not slow. Sometimes it shows compatibility problems with some software and games, like every Windows 10 user seem to have in the...