Windows 10: System File Checker Log

Discus and support System File Checker Log in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I just run the System File Checker sfc /scannow on my Windows 10 laptop. It found corrupt files and successfully fixed them. How do I identify what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Hey there MSSW, Jun 26, 2020.

1. System File Checker Log

I just run the System File Checker sfc /scannow on my Windows 10 laptop. It found corrupt files and successfully fixed them. How do I identify what this corrupt files that were successfully fixed in CBS.Log %WinDir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log? I have the resulting CBS.log but I do not know what I am looking for.

Thank you in advance.

:)

Hey there MSSW, Jun 26, 2020

2. System File Checker Problem

The computer is not running slow and no BSOD screens. All my computer specs are listed, if anything is missing that I need to add, let me know if needed to resolve this problem.

1st - I ran the sfc /scannow command:

System File Checker Log [​IMG]

So I rebooted and ran the DISM restore health:

It completed successfully and I rebooted. So I ran the sfc /scannow command again and it fixed the corrupted files:

I then rebooted and ran the sfc /scannow command again and it found no violations:

I shut down the computer for maybe a half hour and all of the sudden the sfc /scannow found corrupt files again when I ran it. The screenshot isn't necessary because we already know what it looks like from my first image.

This is part of my CBS log that I think points to the culprit; but I'll attach the whole log for anyone that can help:

EyeInTheSky, Jun 26, 2020
  3. Sumit Dhiman2, Jun 26, 2020
  4. System File Checker Log

System File Checker Corruption

Hi All

Discovered system file checker after removing Avast, offline repair so far not working the way I want it to, My drives are configured boot ssd, D for storage, yet the list in Command prompt on startup up shows X:\Windows, well tried C, D, X and still wouldn't run

Already done 3 Clean installs of 1803, just want this solved, might try another online scan of sfc, and see if it can repair that way

Waits for anymore advice

Online scan only gets to 2 percent then stops

Stated could not complete requested operation when I finally got offline system file checker to run

CBS Log, too big to post here
    One drive share if helps any
    Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

Should I A not worry on this issue, B continue worrying on it

AMDMan2016, Jun 26, 2020
Thema:

System File Checker Log

1. System File Checker Log - Similar Threads - System File Checker

2. System File Checker Tool

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System File Checker Tool: After running the System File Checker Tool there were some files that were repaired. Wanting to read the log I put the command in to see the TXT file and it states " Cannot open %WINDIR%LOGSCBSCBS.LOG How do I access this text file?...
  3. System File Checker Tool

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System File Checker Tool: After running the System File Checker Tool there were some files that were repaired. Wanting to read the log I put the command in to see the TXT file and it states " Cannot open %WINDIR%LOGSCBSCBS.LOG How do I access this text file?...
  4. System File Checker stuck

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System File Checker stuck: My windows has some corrupted system files and i had to fix those files before windows stops working. I used System File Checker to fix the corrupted system files but it turns out whenever i try SFC it gets stuck. So is there anyway to fix the corrupted system files without...
  5. System file checker

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System file checker: I am having trouble with a new upgrade in that occasionally the computer spontaneously re-boots and produces a blue screen, I tried to run sfc.exe /scannow from the run box but all that happens is a flash over the desktop. I suspect it is because I am not running as...
  6. System file checker not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    System file checker not working: My system got very slow from past week. I searched and tried lots of tips from internet. Someone the sfc command is not working. Can anyone help me out ? And how can I improve my PC performance ?...
  7. Running System File Checker

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Running System File Checker: I am using Feature Update 1909 updated from 1903 which was used for the original installation. When running system file checker (sfc /scannow), should the installation dvd for 1909 be in the DVD drive? 155316
  8. System File Checker not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System File Checker not working: I had an issue installing the last windows update, KB4517389. After the restart I get “Last failed install attempt on ‎10/‎8/‎2019 - 0xd0000034”. It does, however, appear that update was installed. See the discussion under “KB4517389 and KB4524100 fail to install error...
  9. System File Checker Problem

System File Checker Problem: The computer is not running slow and no BSOD screens. All my computer specs are listed, if anything is missing that I need to add, let me know if needed to resolve this problem. 1st - I ran the sfc /scannow command: [img] So I rebooted and ran the DISM restore health:...
  10. system file checker

system file checker: so my win 10 pc has found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. who knows how many. what is the best way to find and fix the corrupt files? I tried dism, but no source found. do we have good quick way of doing this? I upgraded from 8.1 to 10. I have the recovery...