Windows 10: System File Checker Problem

Discus and support System File Checker Problem in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; The computer is not running slow and no BSOD screens. All my computer specs are listed, if anything is missing that I need to add, let me know if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by EyeInTheSky, Feb 21, 2019.

1. System File Checker Problem

The computer is not running slow and no BSOD screens. All my computer specs are listed, if anything is missing that I need to add, let me know if needed to resolve this problem.

1st - I ran the sfc /scannow command:

System File Checker Problem [​IMG]

So I rebooted and ran the DISM restore health:

It completed successfully and I rebooted. So I ran the sfc /scannow command again and it fixed the corrupted files:

I then rebooted and ran the sfc /scannow command again and it found no violations:

I shut down the computer for maybe a half hour and all of the sudden the sfc /scannow found corrupt files again when I ran it. The screenshot isn't necessary because we already know what it looks like from my first image.

This is part of my CBS log that I think points to the culprit; but I'll attach the whole log for anyone that can help:

:)

EyeInTheSky, Feb 21, 2019

2. System File Checker

To make a long story short, when I contacted Microsoft a few days ago about a problem I’ve been having, one of the possible solutions they gave me was to use the System File Checker tool. When I asked Microsoft’s Virtual Agent about it, she came
    back with “…To run it:

• Select Start Windows logo Start button, and in the search box, enter
      Command Prompt. Press and hold (or right-click) Command Prompt (Desktop app) from the search results and select
      Run as administrator.
    • Enter DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth (note the spaces before each "/").
    • Enter sfc /scannow (note the space between "sfc" and "/").”

After the steps, she provided a link to learn more about the tool (System file check (SFC) Scan and Repair System Files & DISM to fix things SFC cannot).
    However, that did not help me much.

Regarding steps 2 and 3, do I have to press “enter” after “…Restorehealth,” or do I type “…Restorehealth sfc /scannow” AND THEN press “enter?”

MasterYoda1041, Feb 21, 2019
  3. Sumit Dhiman2, Feb 21, 2019
  4. Jelu Cal Win User

System File Checker Problem

System File Checker (SFC) stuck at 10% for 10 hours - Windows 10

Hi Stefanie,

This can be due to an entry in the scan that could not be repaired. To better understand your concern, we'd like to know the following:

• The entries posted in the scan. To check the sfcdetails.txt file, you can perform the steps posted in the
      How to view details of the System File Checker process section of this

link
    • The version of Windows 10 that you're using on your device. To check this, you can perform the steps posted on this

link

We look forward to your response.

Jelu Cal, Feb 21, 2019
Thema:

System File Checker Problem

1. System File Checker Problem - Similar Threads - System File Checker

2. System File Checker Tool

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System File Checker Tool: After running the System File Checker Tool there were some files that were repaired. Wanting to read the log I put the command in to see the TXT file and it states " Cannot open %WINDIR%LOGSCBSCBS.LOG How do I access this text file?...
  3. System File Checker Tool

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System File Checker Tool: After running the System File Checker Tool there were some files that were repaired. Wanting to read the log I put the command in to see the TXT file and it states " Cannot open %WINDIR%LOGSCBSCBS.LOG How do I access this text file?...
  4. System file checker

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System file checker: I am having trouble with a new upgrade in that occasionally the computer spontaneously re-boots and produces a blue screen, I tried to run sfc.exe /scannow from the run box but all that happens is a flash over the desktop. I suspect it is because I am not running as...
  5. System file checker not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    System file checker not working: My system got very slow from past week. I searched and tried lots of tips from internet. Someone the sfc command is not working. Can anyone help me out ? And how can I improve my PC performance ?...
  6. System File Checker Log

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System File Checker Log: I just run the System File Checker sfc /scannow on my Windows 10 laptop. It found corrupt files and successfully fixed them. How do I identify what this corrupt files that were successfully fixed in CBS.Log %WinDir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log? I have the resulting CBS.log but I do not...
  7. Running System File Checker

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Running System File Checker: I am using Feature Update 1909 updated from 1903 which was used for the original installation. When running system file checker (sfc /scannow), should the installation dvd for 1909 be in the DVD drive? 155316
  8. System File Checker not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System File Checker not working: I had an issue installing the last windows update, KB4517389. After the restart I get “Last failed install attempt on ‎10/‎8/‎2019 - 0xd0000034”. It does, however, appear that update was installed. See the discussion under “KB4517389 and KB4524100 fail to install error...
  9. System File Checker found problems.

System File Checker found problems.: Hi, I spend the last week discovering my new computer. Updating some drivers, downloading some software, things here and there. The computer is not slow. Sometimes it shows compatibility problems with some software and games, like every Windows 10 user seem to have in the...
  10. system file checker

system file checker: so my win 10 pc has found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. who knows how many. what is the best way to find and fix the corrupt files? I tried dism, but no source found. do we have good quick way of doing this? I upgraded from 8.1 to 10. I have the recovery...