Windows 10: System File Missing api-ms-win-crt-string-l1-1-0.dll !!!

Discus and support System File Missing api-ms-win-crt-string-l1-1-0.dll !!! in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I recently installed code blocks for my programming course but when i try to open the app the device fails to do so and always shows a message saying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MohammedHazem, Mar 10, 2022.

1. System File Missing api-ms-win-crt-string-l1-1-0.dll !!!

I recently installed code blocks for my programming course but when i try to open the app the device fails to do so and always shows a message saying that the file I mentioned earlier in subject is missing so how could I solve that issue.Notice that I searched the files's name and downloaded it but don't quite know what to do with it

:)

MohammedHazem, Mar 10, 2022

2. api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-1.dll

When I open word, there's a message:

api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-1.dll missing

I've been looking for some solituon but every thing I find is the same problem but with the file:

api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll

SebastianValencia3, Mar 10, 2022
  3. api-ms-win-crt-heap-l1-1-0.dll

I'm looking for file api-ms-win-crt-heap-l1-1-0.dll. Reinstalling the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019 Redistributable for x64 and x86 didn't help.
    Should a dll with this name really exist, or is the problem somewhere else?
    There is a file of this name at
    Code:
    C:\Windows\WinSxS\x86_microsoft-windows-m..namespace-downlevel_31bf3856ad364e35_10.0.18362.1_none_3da3af2845f54b85
    Here are some more details:
    I am trying to install a python pyd file using python import. The pyd file was created by python pip install, which used python setuptools and compiled and linked a large number of C and C++ files using Visual Studio C++ 2019 on my computer, which was
    installed as part of Visual Studio Community. So, if I create and install this using the same instance of Visual C++, I wouldn't expect to get this kind of problem.

The pyd file is very similar to a dll file. As a first step, I used Dependency Walker to check for dependencies. It found a very large number of missing dependencies with names like api.ms-win.xxx.dll and ext-ms-win-xxx.dll, but a post on StackOverflow
    said that Dependency Walker is obsolete and these names are not real dlls, but some kind of indirection.
    Dependency Walker: missing dlls

Then I used dumpbin.exe, which I found in
    Code:
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.26.28801\bin\Hostx64\x64\dumpbin.exe"
    Dumpbin reported the following dependencies:
    libopenblas.dll
    python37.dll
    MSVCP140.dll
    KERNEL32.dll
    VCRUNTIME140_1.dll
    VCRUNTIME140.dll
    api-ms-win-crt-heap-l1-1-0.dll
    api-ms-win-crt-stdio-l1-1-0.dll
    api-ms-win-crt-string-l1-1-0.dll
    api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll
    api-ms-win-crt-time-l1-1-0.dll
    api-ms-win-crt-math-l1-1-0.dll
    I added the directory of libopenblas.dll (basic linear algebra) to the PATH environment variable and can now find the first 6 dlls using the "where" command, but I cannot find the remaining 6 "api-ms-win-XXX.dll", and a search of my disk produced the information
    reported above.

As far as I can tell, everything is 64-bit. I checked the pyd file using Sysinternals sigcheck. Windows and Python are also 64-bit.

By the way, when I run python import, I get
    Code:
    Exception has occurred: ImportErrorDLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.
    This can mean that the module we are trying to import is not found, or that some dependency within it is not found. It is like the "file not found" error message, which does not say which file was not found, and has annoyed me for over 40 years.

Are these files "api-ms-win-XXX.dll" real dlls? If so, how do I install them? If not, why are they showing up in dumpbin and where do I need to look for the cause of the problem?

Tom Ligon(2), Mar 10, 2022
  4. System File Missing api-ms-win-crt-string-l1-1-0.dll !!!

How To Fix "api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing error" On Windows

Hey Molkal,

"api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing" is a common error on Windows running computers. This happens when the program does found the .dll file which is required in order to work or function.
    So, this .dll file is missing from your computer.

You can fix this error with these below methods:

1. BY REPAIRING VISUAL C++ REDISTRIBUTABLE FOR VISUAL STUDIO 2015
    2. BY UPDATING THE WINDOWS
    3. OR YOU CAN DOWNLOAD & INSTALL VISUAL C++ REDISTRIBUTABLE FOR VISUAL STUDIO 2015 MANUALLY
    So, you can opt any of the above methods to fix api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing
    error on your PC.

Thanks,

Loren

Lorenjackel, Mar 10, 2022
Thema:

System File Missing api-ms-win-crt-string-l1-1-0.dll !!!

1. System File Missing api-ms-win-crt-string-l1-1-0.dll !!! - Similar Threads - System File Missing

2. api-ms-win-appmodel-runtime-l1-1-0.dll was not found

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    api-ms-win-appmodel-runtime-l1-1-0.dll was not found: The code execution cannot proceed because api-ms-win-appmodel-runtime-l1-1-0.dll was not found.Reinstalling the program may fix this problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/api-ms-win-appmodel-runtime-l1-1-0dll-was-not/38d1a337-a70f-443f-bedd-d0eb827bed45
  3. api-ms-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll

in Windows 10 Gaming
    api-ms-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll: api-ms-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/api-ms-crt-runtime-l1-1-0dll/43d58d24-b1fd-4f9a-9589-3cd0b8212c4b
  4. api-ms-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    api-ms-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll: api-ms-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/api-ms-crt-runtime-l1-1-0dll/43d58d24-b1fd-4f9a-9589-3cd0b8212c4b
  5. api-ms-win-crt-stdio-l1-1-0. dll is missing from your computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    api-ms-win-crt-stdio-l1-1-0. dll is missing from your computer: Please how do I fix "api-ms-win-crt-stdio-l1-1-0. dll is missing from your computer" error? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/api-ms-win-crt-stdio-l1-1-0-dll-is-missing-from/cb308c5a-64cb-4b0d-8041-ad523fa362ad
  6. api-ms-win-crt-stdio-l1-1-0. dll is missing from your computer

api-ms-win-crt-stdio-l1-1-0. dll is missing from your computer: Please how do I fix "api-ms-win-crt-stdio-l1-1-0. dll is missing from your computer" error? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/api-ms-win-crt-stdio-l1-1-0-dll-is-missing-from/cb308c5a-64cb-4b0d-8041-ad523fa362ad
  7. System File Missing api-ms-win-crt-string-l1-1-0.dll !!!

System File Missing api-ms-win-crt-string-l1-1-0.dll !!!: I recently installed code blocks for my programming course but when i try to open the app the device fails to do so and always shows a message saying that the file I mentioned earlier in subject is missing so how could I solve that issue.Notice that I searched the files's...
  8. Missing "api-ms-win-crt-heap-l1-1-0.dll" File On Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing "api-ms-win-crt-heap-l1-1-0.dll" File On Windows 10: Hi Recently I installed a program that requires the "api-ms-win-crt-heap-l1-1-0.dll" file which I've heard is related to Visual C++, which makes sense when the program in question has a requirement for Visual C++ 2019 listed. Funny part about it is that I have Visual C++...
  9. api-ms-win-crt-heap-l1-1-0.dll

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    api-ms-win-crt-heap-l1-1-0.dll: I'm looking for file api-ms-win-crt-heap-l1-1-0.dll. Reinstalling the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019 Redistributable for x64 and x86 didn't help. Should a dll with this name really exist, or is the problem somewhere else? There is a file of this name at...
  10. How To Fix "api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing error" On Windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    How To Fix "api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing error" On Windows: I am facing api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing error on my computer while running a program. You can see the issue in the below screenshot. [ATTACH] So, please help me to fix this error. Thanks, Monkal...