Windows 10: System files get bigger every second

Discus and support System files get bigger every second in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So i was searching for something in file explorer and when i look at the propertied of "Program Files" file, the size just kept increasing and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by kimo23, Sep 20, 2020.

1. kimo23 Win User

System files get bigger every second

So i was searching for something in file explorer and when i look at the propertied of "Program Files" file, the size just kept increasing and the number of files in it just kept increasing like: 1000, 2000, 3000 every second.

Then i looked in other system files it was the same thing Documents, Pictures, Users, Local etc...

I suspect maybe its a virus but not sure so im currently running computer scan.

Any idea what can cause this?

any help would be much appreciated.

Here is the Documents folder before:

System files get bigger every second [​IMG]

And here it is 10 seconds later:

System files get bigger every second 979c1053-70b7-4491-a215-f04c9a46fe18?upload=true.jpg

:)

kimo23, Sep 20, 2020

2. file system error -1073545193

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

From the description provided, I understand that you are encountering the error message when you are trying to access any media file in the CD/DVD Drive of your computer.

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      sfc/scannow
      and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be happy to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Sep 20, 2020
  3. Windows 10 File system errors

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you faced. I will certainly help you with this. . I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide
    you better assistance.

• Did you made any system changes prior to this issue?
    Kindly follow the below given methods and check if issue is resolved.

Method 1:

This issue may occur due to some system file corruption.
    I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Method 2:

If issue persist, I suggest you to create
    a new account by following the below given steps and check if everything works fine in new account:

• Press Windows key + X key and select
      Control Panel.
    • Click on User accounts and Family Safety.
    • Click on User Account and then click on Manage Accounts.
    • Now click on Add a new user and follow the instructions.
    Sign-out from the current User account and sign in to new User account and check.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Sep 20, 2020
  4. System files get bigger every second

System 32 files/ programs runs for a while and disappears on Windows 10

Hi Konstantin,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with the processes running on the operating system. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • When exactly does this issue persists?

I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to sign-out from the current user account, restart the computer, resign-in and check with the status of this issue.

Step 2: I suggest you to run SFC scan and check if it helps.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. If a
    Windows Resource Protection (WRP) file is missing or is corrupted, Windows may not behave as expected.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Step 3: Also, I suggest you to install all the pending updates on Windows 10.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue with the required information for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 20, 2020
Thema:

System files get bigger every second

1. System files get bigger every second - Similar Threads - System files bigger

2. Mouse getting bigger and weird for a split second.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse getting bigger and weird for a split second.: I think the title is self-explainatory enough.I don't have any screenshots since a reboot fixed it. Here is a visual representation made with PaintYes I am really bad at drawing.Is this a problem with Virtualization, software problem ?...
  3. Mouse getting bigger and weird for a split second.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse getting bigger and weird for a split second.: I think the title is self-explainatory enough.I don't have any screenshots since a reboot fixed it. Here is a visual representation made with PaintYes I am really bad at drawing.Is this a problem with Virtualization, software problem ?...
  4. Mouse getting bigger and weird for a split second.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Bigger Taskbar Bottom Padding on Second Monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bigger Taskbar Bottom Padding on Second Monitor: Hi, The title explains it all. I just upgraded to Windows 11 and I'm facing an issue where the bottom padding on my second monitor's taskbar is bigger than usual. Picture attached for convenience. I hope there'll be a fix for this soon. Also, is there an option available for...
  6. Bigger Taskbar Bottom Padding on Second Monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bigger Taskbar Bottom Padding on Second Monitor: Hi, The title explains it all. I just upgraded to Windows 11 and I'm facing an issue where the bottom padding on my second monitor's taskbar is bigger than usual. Picture attached for convenience. I hope there'll be a fix for this soon. Also, is there an option available for...
  7. File transfers stop every 5 seconds

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File transfers stop every 5 seconds: When I copy a file from my PC (typically the source is a 970 Pro 1TB), to an internal disk on my file server over my 10Gbit network it starts at 1.1GB/s then drops to zero, where it stays for 20-30 seconds, then goes back up to 1.10GB/s for 2-3 seconds, then drops to 0 again....
  8. Get Bigger

in Windows 10 Customization
    Get Bigger: How can I make this normal again? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/get-bigger/44ed9915-248e-4cbc-a925-7daa6f77899f
  9. C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository getting bigger and bigger

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository getting bigger and bigger: Dear all. There is a question about the size of this fold C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository . It is getting bigger and bigger, there are many driver folders which contains nvdia drive with more than 20 replicates , which hold more than 20 G in my lap. this is a...
  10. system is microstuttering every few seconds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    system is microstuttering every few seconds: I installed the 1803 update a few days ago, and as soon as it had rebooted, I found that YouTube videos would "stutter" every few seconds. For a fraction of a second, everything freezes up and the audio makes a buzzing sound, like a cell phone on vibrate but lower pitched....