Windows 10: System files gone and headphones not connecting

Discus and support System files gone and headphones not connecting in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I once turned on my computer, and I saw that there are no app icons for system apps. Everything appears as this: [ATTACH] A week later, I got some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Parn23, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Parn23 Win User

System files gone and headphones not connecting

I once turned on my computer, and I saw that there are no app icons for system apps. Everything appears as this:

System files gone and headphones not connecting beed4474-f8d1-422e-82ad-3feb11e4159a?upload=true.jpg

A week later, I got some new headphones, and they do not connect to my computer, no matter what I do. Please help!!

:)

Parn23, Oct 25, 2020

2. Headphone Connection

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10!

I understand that the headphones are not working when you connect then through the jack on your Windows 10 operating system. I will certainly help you with the query. I would appreciate if you could help us with more information

• Have you checked plugging the headphone to a different jack on the same computer?

• Have you checked if any other sound device work fine when plugged to the problematic jack?

This issue might be occurring due to incompatible drivers or broken jack. There might be a possibility that the headphone is not compatible with windows 10 operating system. Hence I would suggest you to follow the below mentioned
    steps and check if that helps.

Method 1:
    Hardware and devices troubleshooter

The built-in hardware and devices troubleshooter can automatically detect and fix most of the incorrect settings and errors that could cause issues with hardware. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if there is any issue with
    the display adapter. Refer top these steps:

• Open Control Panel
    • Click on Troubleshooting and select the view all option on the left pane.
    • Click on Hardware and devices troubleshooter and follow the prompts.

Try method 2, if the issue persist

Method 2: If the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter do not fix
    the issue then I would suggest you to uninstall the drivers and reboot the computer to get the updated drivers installed for the headphone. Please follow below mentioned steps:

• Open Control Panel
    • Click on Device Manager and select the audio input and output drivers
    • Right click on driver that appears after plugging the headphone and click on uninstall
    • After uninstalling, unplug the headphone and restart the computer
    • Plugging the headphone again and the computer will detect the updates drivers automatically.

Now check if the headphones work on the computer or not.

Hope this information is helpful. Please write back to us if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Neha.Gupta, Oct 25, 2020
  3. Unable To Connect Boase Headphones To ASUS Laptop.

Hi Chris,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. What is the model number of the Bose headphone?
    2. How are you trying to connect the headphones to the laptop?
    3. What is the model number of your ASUS laptop?
    4. Are you using a wired or a wireless Bose headphone?

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in Connecting To A Computer
    and try connecting your headphones to the laptop.

If you are still facing issues connecting the headphones to the laptop, I suggest you to elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and reply to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Oct 25, 2020
  4. Ivy Mun Win User

Speakers and headphones work at the same time

Hi.

Let us isolate your concern by answering these few questions.

• Have you tried connecting your headphones directly to your desktop?
    • Does your speaker work normally when connected to your desktop?
    You may try the following steps to help resolve your concern:

• Unplug or Disconnect your speaker from the desktop.
    • Connect your headphone directly to the desktop.
    If the headphone works properly when directly connected to the desktop, we suggest that you contact your speaker manufacturer for assistance.

Let us know how it goes.

Ivy Mun, Oct 25, 2020
Thema:

1. System files gone and headphones not connecting - Similar Threads - System files gone

2. the audio input and output tab is gone, the system does not see the headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the audio input and output tab is gone, the system does not see the headphones: the audio input and output tab is gone, the system does not see the headphones. The drivers have been updated, the BIOS and the system has been reinstalled. I have windows 11 and the motherboard H510M HSV R2.0. Please help...
  3. the audio input and output tab is gone, the system does not see the headphones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    the audio input and output tab is gone, the system does not see the headphones: the audio input and output tab is gone, the system does not see the headphones. The drivers have been updated, the BIOS and the system has been reinstalled. I have windows 11 and the motherboard H510M HSV R2.0. Please help...
  4. Headphones not connecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones not connecting: My headphones were working fine for a long time.Until just recently.I had downloaded a voice changer called Clownfish, and when downloading it, it asked me whether it could use the current headphones that were connected to my laptop. I accepted.Just a while later, when I...
  5. Headphones not connecting

Headphones not connecting: My headphones were working fine for a long time.Until just recently.I had downloaded a voice changer called Clownfish, and when downloading it, it asked me whether it could use the current headphones that were connected to my laptop. I accepted.Just a while later, when I...
  6. Headphones not connecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones not connecting: I have some headphones Apple Airpods Pro that I am attempting to connect via Bluetooth. I had it working once, I had paired them and connected them without issue and was using them before I went to lunch. At lunch time, I put my headphones back in their charging case and...
  7. Headphones not connecting

Headphones not connecting: I have some headphones Apple Airpods Pro that I am attempting to connect via Bluetooth. I had it working once, I had paired them and connected them without issue and was using them before I went to lunch. At lunch time, I put my headphones back in their charging case and...
  8. Headphones not connecting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Headphones not connecting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Headphones not connecting: When I connect my headphones in my windows 10 system, it asks to connect? If I give ok, it is not connecting.. The audio is not played in my headphone now. In the sound setting it is also not showing the connect device. What should I do now...
  10. All my files are gone. (System Update)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    All my files are gone. (System Update): So I left my laptop to update my System as it says System update , so it finally finished and there I only one account in my sign - in bar thing. My other account was all my stuff for school and now its missing, it also removed administrator from my laptop, I cannot access...