Windows 10: System files gone can't factory reset stuck at recovery

Discus and support System files gone can't factory reset stuck at recovery in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Can't boot into windows . My drive is missing all files its literally empty I had run a gmer scan prior and it showed rootkit was present now I'm stuck... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jliesss, Nov 14, 2021.

1. Jliesss Win User

System files gone can't factory reset stuck at recovery

Can't boot into windows . My drive is missing all files its literally empty I had run a gmer scan prior and it showed rootkit was present now I'm stuck at recovery Can't factory reset since all windows files are gone

:)

Jliesss, Nov 14, 2021
  2. RCoon Win User

Factory Reset Win 7 (without disc)

Download an ISO of the Avira AV boot CD, burn it on your own computer, and then boot from that CD on your mom's computer and run a cleanup.

Seriously, you should just download a Windows disc and format the laptop. Best and easiest course of action.

"Information:
    Many Toshiba laptops come with the factory software recovery image stored in a special (hidden) area on the hard disk. From this special hidden image, you can restore your computer to its factory-fresh software condition by following these steps:

To restore the original factory software image on your computer follow these steps:

• Make sure the computer is turned off ("Shut-down" from the Windows Start menu)
    • Remove any peripherals such an external mouse, keyboard, monitor, USB flash drive etc.
    • Make sure the AC Adapter is plugged in and working.
    • Press and hold down the 0 (zero) key on the keyboard while powering on the computer. Release it when the recovery warning screen appears.
    • If the recovery process offers a choice of Operating Systems, select the appropriate one for you.
    • A warning screen appears, stating that when the recovery is executed all data will be deleted and rewritten.
    • Click Yes to continue.
    • When the Toshiba Recovery Wizard opens select "Recovery of Factory Software" or the appropriate option for your needs.
    • Continue to follow the directions restarting as necessary.
    Please note that the process may vary slightly from machine to machine, that you may be asked to insert disks (multi-disk packages) and that the process may take one to two hours to complete. The recovery process will require you to restart your computer several times.

As you use the recovery process you will have several options. One of these may be to create a custom size partition. Follow the directions on screen for this and other options as prompted. When in doubt, it's usually best to accept the default, or pre-selected option.
    "

If you are incapable, or uncomfortable with following any of the recommendations on how to restore the laptop, then I recommend you take it to your local IT guy and ask him to do it for you. Sometimes the best of us have to visit a ripoff merchant to get something fixed, or even just tested...

RCoon, Nov 14, 2021
  3. Windows 8.1 & windows 10 : fail to factory reset and stuck in restart

Ztruker's post will get you to Win10, but if I understand the issue you wanted to fix a non-working Asus Win8.1 Factory Reset by upgrading to Win10.

My question is what OS do you want on your system, Win8.1 or Win10.
    There might be a way to access the Asus recovery partition and do a reset from there - I think that can be done, but I would have to research the exact process to provide step-by-step instructions.

If you want to get to Win10 - then I mis-interpreted your post.

There seems to be an underlying issue on your system as far as the Asus Win8.1 Factory Reset issue is concerned.

The question might be moot if you've already started the Win10 Clean install.
    Getting to Win10 is easy, getting back to Win8.1 after a Clean install requires a bit more work (windows.old and possibly the Asus Recovery partition are no longer available).

Slartybart, Nov 14, 2021
  4. RonCFL Win User

Windows 8.1 & windows 10 : fail to factory reset and stuck in restart

Nop .. I upgraded to w10 from w8.1 and deleted wds old ... I could roll back to w8.1 factory settings without problem from recovery partition .
    As he said ..there was something wrong with pc before he upgraded ..
    The best way is to do a w8 clean install From factory windows dvd .. ?

RonCFL, Nov 14, 2021
Thema:

1. System files gone can't factory reset stuck at recovery - Similar Threads - System files gone

2. factory reset gone bad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    factory reset gone bad: My computer was not allowing me to log in, so I did a factory reset. Its original version was Windows 7, but I had upgraded to the free Windows 10 version. Once I did the factory reset, it went back to Windows 7. Is there a way I can get it back to Windows 10 since I had that...
  3. factory reset gone bad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    factory reset gone bad: My computer was not allowing me to log in, so I did a factory reset. Its original version was Windows 7, but I had upgraded to the free Windows 10 version. Once I did the factory reset, it went back to Windows 7. Is there a way I can get it back to Windows 10 since I had that...
  4. factory reset gone bad

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. System files gone can't factory reset stuck at recovery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System files gone can't factory reset stuck at recovery: Can't boot into windows . My drive is missing all files its literally empty I had run a gmer scan prior and it showed rootkit was present now I'm stuck at recovery Can't factory reset since all windows files are gone...
  6. System files gone can't factory reset stuck at recovery

System files gone can't factory reset stuck at recovery: Can't boot into windows . My drive is missing all files its literally empty I had run a gmer scan prior and it showed rootkit was present now I'm stuck at recovery Can't factory reset since all windows files are gone...
  7. Stuck on factory reset

Stuck on factory reset: Hello forums, good evening/morning/day. I’ve recently factory reset my pc due to it being slow. Yet its stuck on 77% and hasn't gone up for ages now. Any suggestions or do I just have to wait?...
  8. Factory Reset Gone Wrong

Factory Reset Gone Wrong: I am having a problem with my computer. I did a factory reset because it was slow and my disk was always high so when I did i fell asleep because i knew it was going to take a little while. When i wake up my computer was turned off and when i turn it on, All i see is the logo...
  9. Factory reset gone wrong :(!

Factory reset gone wrong :(!: Hello! I just reset my computer and wiped EVERYTHING I wanted a brand new one because mine was so slow so instead I just reset everything from the disk, now I don't have a disk or a USB so i'm not sure if I need one? Well every time I log into it, I need a administrator...
  10. Factory Reset Gone Wrong

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Factory Reset Gone Wrong: I tried to factory reset my computer yesterday. I got stuck on the "Why my PC reset screen". Every time I would click continue and try to connect to my house wifi (which is working fine on every other device), it would load for a while before returning back to the "LEt's...