Windows 10: System Files Grow in size when I download something

Discus and support System Files Grow in size when I download something in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My laptop has 256gb of ssd storage. My main partition 'C:Windows' has 215gb available. When observing storage it says that windows' system files take... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by blakewilkey, Feb 21, 2019.

1. System Files Grow in size when I download something

My laptop has 256gb of ssd storage. My main partition 'C:Windows' has 215gb available. When observing storage it says that windows' system files take up 47.8 gb and that system and reserved takes up 65.3 as a whole. Already this is a lot compared to the size of storage I have available but the real interesting thing is that whenever I download something, the download seems to take up twice the space in my 'C:Windows' Partition and when I inspect storage and windows' system files it has increase by a large quantity. But it doesn't end there. When I restart my computer the system files go back down to what they were. Any help would be very much appreciated...Thanks!

:)

blakewilkey, Feb 21, 2019
  2. Ariel Acu Win User

App download size keeps growing

Hi TravisStremkowski,

It seems that the game installation got corrupted that's why it keeps increasing the game size in the Windows Store. Let's try to troubleshoot this issue by performing the following steps:

Step 1: Reset the Windows Store from Settings.

1. Press the Windows key, then select the gear icon to access Settings.
    2. Go to Apps.
    3. Under Apps & features, locate the Store app.
    4. Click the Store app, then click Advanced options.
    5. Click Reset.

Step 2: Delete Temporary files on your computer.

1. Press the Windows key on your keyboard, and then click the Settings icon.
    2. Select System, and then select Storage.
    3. Select This PC and click on Temporary files.
    4. Select Temporary files.
    5. Click Remove files.

Step 3: Reset the Windows Store cache.

1. From the Cortana search box, type "cmd" to open Command Prompt.
    2. Right-click on Command Prompt and select Run as administrator.
    3. Type wsreset.exe, and then hit Enter.
    4. Restart your computer.

Please respond to this thread to let me know how the issue progresses. Similarly, if you have more questions, please inform me by replying to this post.

Ariel Acu, Feb 21, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Size of Win 10 Installation seems to be growing

Win + X -> System and follow the steps below:

System Files Grow in size when I download something [​IMG]

topgundcp, Feb 21, 2019
  4. System Files Grow in size when I download something

windows.edb keeps growing to huge file size.

Hi Jay,

This issue that occurs on windows.edb’s file size keeps growing is being discussed on Microsoft Technet forum site. We suggest that you post your queries related to the said concern on this
    thread. Technet users are
    consists mostly of Microsoft’s professional IT experts which can address the concern better.

If you have other queries, don’t hesitate to ask.

Arthur Rui, Feb 21, 2019
Thema:

System Files Grow in size when I download something

1. System Files Grow in size when I download something - Similar Threads - System Files Grow

2. System files is growing my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System files is growing my laptop: Since the recent windows update, I have saying that 13.5GB of system files is increasing on my Lenovo V14-IWL laptop only in the 222 SSD part in C: drive following the recent update. Could we fix this problem because of this increasement ? Thank you for the suggestion....
  3. System files is growing my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System files is growing my laptop: Since the recent windows update, I have saying that 13.5GB of system files is increasing on my Lenovo V14-IWL laptop only in the 222 SSD part in C: drive following the recent update. Could we fix this problem because of this increasement ? Thank you for the suggestion....
  4. Taskbar growing in size Resolved

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar growing in size Resolved: I was having this problem where my taskbar would continue to move upwards on my screen whenever I opened a new program. I had checked this thread https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-growing-in-size/32a4f70c-da97-476d-9f4e-dc00e18072be for an answer,...
  5. growing file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    growing file: I have a file that grows to take up most of the room on my hard drive. when ever I delete or move files to a different drive the file grows to fill the spaces. I searched for the file but it does not show....
  6. Sea of Thieves download size grows and never completes.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Sea of Thieves download size grows and never completes.: I started downloading the game yesterday, fell asleep, and woke up to find it bloating far beyond its original file size. I've restarted, reset, redownloaded, deleted cache, checked for updates, asked several live customer service agents, used the troubleshooting tool,...
  7. App download size keeps growing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App download size keeps growing: I wanted to re download Forza Horizon 3 Ultimate Edition, but after the download reached the app's size, the app just keeps on downloading and the size of the app follows with it. As of right now, the app's size went from around 50 gb to 115 gb and I'm not sure what to do....
  8. System folder growing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System folder growing: Hello, Last night before shutting down the computer, system folder C: size was 27.8 GB. Today, about an hour after starting computer, it grew up to 30 GB.! There were no any updates. Checked which files \ folders modified \ created today, there were no findings. I ran...
  9. Registry Backup File Size Is Growing

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Registry Backup File Size Is Growing: I've backed up my registry twice recently, and I noticed a huge difference in the size of the backup file. Two days ago, the backup I created was 18,066 KB. The one I created this morning is 247,691 KB. Should I be concerned about this, and, if so, what can I do about it? 29317
  10. Windows 10 System Files Growing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 System Files Growing: I have searched high and low for an answer to this issue. My Windows 10 System Files size is over 22GB. I'm running on a Toshiba netbook, with CompactOS running. What's more odd is that my wife uses an HP netbook. Same specs for both, and hers is also running CompactOS. Her...