Windows 10: System files in reserved space problem

Discus and support System files in reserved space problem in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I've got a serious problem with my windows system files which are in reserved space. I can't clean it up in any way, I've tried all solutions... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by rpl_01, May 22, 2019.

1. rpl_01 Win User

System files in reserved space problem

Hello, I've got a serious problem with my windows system files which are in reserved space. I can't clean it up in any way, I've tried all solutions I'd found on the Internet like cleaning up disk, optimising, defragmenting, and using windows tools to free up all caches and spaces on the disk but it didn't help. I want to avoid formatting and reinstalling computer. If anyone has any idea, I'll be greatfull.

Below is the screen which shows the problem, I go to 'System Storage' ->'System & reserved' and here I've got 85.4GB memory used for system files which are "required" for windows to run properly, but this is way too much for my computer which has a little above 200GB.

System files in reserved space problem cb5893f4-4e77-4ac8-baaa-c120dd12ca48?upload=true.png

:)

rpl_01, May 22, 2019

2. System and Reserved Files are taking too much space. 350GB

Hello,

The system and reserved files may continue to consume space due to a certain service log that could add to your system as a result of multiple operations. At this moment, we suggest that you run
    CHKDSK command prompt by following the steps below:

• Plug in your external hard drive, USB drive or memory card to PC.
    • Open Command Prompt; then, press Windows key + X button and select the
      Command Prompt (Admin) option.
    • In the new Command Prompt window, type chkdskE: /f /r. Here, you should replace E with the drive letter of your external hard drive or USB device.

Note: This operation will run CHKDSK to check and repair file system corruption, errors, corruptions or bad sectors on the external hard drive or USB disk.

It is also advisable to manually delete files in C:\Windows\Logs\CBS. To do so, follow the steps on this article:

Clean Up Component-Based Servicing logs

Let us know the result and progress of your troubleshooting.

Dhavelyn Mer, May 22, 2019
  3. Clearing space in the System Reserved Partition

Hi Gautham,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

The issue could occur if system reserve partition is size is less.

To assist you better, please provide the information:

1. When is the current size of the System Reserved Partition? Is there is enough space in the partition?

2. Are you able to view the folders through Minitool Partition Wizard?

I suggest you to try to increase the space allocation for System Reserve Partition. The below steps can also be implemented in Windows 10 to increase the size of System Reserve Partition.

Error: We couldn’t update the system reserved partition

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, May 22, 2019
  4. System files in reserved space problem

No space on hard drive due to system reserved patition and installer files

Hi Ruth,

The issue may occur due to corrupted system files or memory full. In order for us to assist you, please answer the questions below:

• What is the exact error message?
    • Can you please provide us a screenshot of your hard drive status.

To isolate the issue, we suggest to check this article of Andre Da Costa:
    How to free up disk space in Windows
    . It contains troubleshooting steps and explanation pertaining to the issue.

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, May 22, 2019
Thema:

System files in reserved space problem

1. System files in reserved space problem - Similar Threads - System files reserved

2. System and reserved taking up a lot of space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System and reserved taking up a lot of space: I'm trying to install some games on my laptop 512 GB SSD and went to check on my storage to see what I can delete. Then I realized that system and reserve is taking up 234 GB of storage. When I looked into the details, it said System files 20.1 GB, Reserved storage 7.04 GB,...
  3. System and reserved taking up a lot of space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System and reserved taking up a lot of space: I'm trying to install some games on my laptop 512 GB SSD and went to check on my storage to see what I can delete. Then I realized that system and reserve is taking up 234 GB of storage. When I looked into the details, it said System files 20.1 GB, Reserved storage 7.04 GB,...
  4. System and Reserved Files are taking too much space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System and Reserved Files are taking too much space: How do I get more space? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-and-reserved-files-are-taking-too-much/d8633c93-1954-41e0-aeef-235348db06ba
  5. System and Reserved Files are taking too much space

System and Reserved Files are taking too much space: How do I get more space? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-and-reserved-files-are-taking-too-much/d8633c93-1954-41e0-aeef-235348db06ba
  6. System and reserved taking 41.7 GB of space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System and reserved taking 41.7 GB of space: Problem: Something is taking up a lot of space on my PCInitial Analysis of the storage showed that System & Reserved is using 41.7GB of storage.Analysis using TreeSize: I did some research on why I have little available storage space and saw some posts online that it may be...
  7. System and reserved taking 41.7 GB of space

System and reserved taking 41.7 GB of space: Problem: Something is taking up a lot of space on my PCInitial Analysis of the storage showed that System & Reserved is using 41.7GB of storage.Analysis using TreeSize: I did some research on why I have little available storage space and saw some posts online that it may be...
  8. "System Files" & System and Reserved eating storage space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "System Files" & System and Reserved eating storage space: Hi there, I have a question about my brand newly bought HP stream laptop. I bought this about a week ago and around two days ago I got a notification that I was low on storage. This alarmed me because I hadn't downloaded anything onto here. ANYTHING. So, I checked it out and...
  9. system and reserve files taking too much space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    system and reserve files taking too much space: My system and reserve files are taking up 105 of the 119 GB available - what can I do about this. I have been running this system for about 4 years and this problem only just started happening a few months ago - I have followed all the steps of cleaning and optimizing storage...
  10. Space on System Reserved E

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Space on System Reserved E: I keep getting every few minutes a warning that I am out of disk space on system reserved E. I have seen on the page ( I don't know what to call it ), but the icon for system reserved E shows a complete red line, it's full. I don't know how to get rid of the problem and get...