Windows 10: System Files on Drive

Discus and support System Files on Drive in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi, not really sure where to put this post, and it's more curiosity than an issue. I was doing a back up onto a new 4TB external drive and noticed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Matt316, May 9, 2020.

1. Matt316 Win User

System Files on Drive

Hi, not really sure where to put this post, and it's more curiosity than an issue.

I was doing a back up onto a new 4TB external drive and noticed that the newly formatted drive had around 256 files totalling nearly 1GB before it even started. Out of curiosity, anyone know what these files are - specifically?

Matt

:)

Matt316, May 9, 2020
  2. KomouPoji Win User

how to copy files from the CD to the Computer drive

Hi Hankriegler,

I would suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click file explorer from the list.

• Select the CD/DVD drive and hit Enter.

• Select the files you want to copy from the CD/DVD, then select the drive where you want to paste or save.
    I hope the information is helpful.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, May 23, 2020
  3. file system error -1073545193

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

From the description provided, I understand that you are encountering the error message when you are trying to access any media file in the CD/DVD Drive of your computer.

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      sfc/scannow
      and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be happy to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, May 23, 2020
  4. AM*
    Am* Win User

System Files on Drive

Uber file server build -- suggestions

Uber file server build -- suggestions?

I'm currently in the process of buying stuff for my file server build. Going to try and keep this build all in one thread this time.

Stuff already bought:

• Motherboard (socket 1155 H61)
      RAM (1600MHz)
      PCI SATA cards
      Operating System (Windows 8 + FreeNAS)
      SSD
      CPU (35w Pentium Ivybridge 2.6GHz)
    Looking for suggestions on:

• GPU -- use the on-die GPU or buy a PCI-E graphics card (was thinking of a 7750)? My only requirement is that it is able to run 1080p mkv files and play Blurays without a problem.
      Case -- needs to hold as many 3.5" drives as humanly possible (more than 10 at least), while not being too expensive
      PSU -- needs to be able to run over 40 SATA HDDs as well as 6xPCI RAID cards and 1xPCI-E 2.0 RAID card. Silver, Gold or Platinum?
      CPU Cooler -- fanless or not?
      Case fans
    That's all I can think of for now...unless I'm forgetting something...oh and one more thing -- I will be buying the hard drives two at a time as I run out of space. Also the PCI-E RAID card will be bought a lot later down the line, as I've only just got enough hard drives for 1 out of 6 of my PCI SATA cards.

Any suggestions, feel free to post. Thanks

Thema:

System Files on Drive

1. System Files on Drive - Similar Threads - System Files Drive

2. System Drive is being labeled in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System Drive is being labeled in File Explorer?: So i just recently cloned my ssd to another one and now there is a system drive labeled as F in my file explore and i get denied acess to it. I have tried to use diskpart to remove the letter but it only does is temporaily beacause as soon as i restart my computer its back to...
  3. Second hard drive contains system files?

Second hard drive contains system files?: I have two hard drives. The first is a 256GB SSD that holds my Windows installation. The second is a 2TB drive that just holds data. I was trying to create a system image of the windows drive so I can transition to a larger drive. When I try to create the system image, it...
  4. File Systems on USB Drives

File Systems on USB Drives: Is there an article that explains file systems (NTFS, FAT32, exFAT), their pros and cons, and conversions among them on USB drives? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-systems-on-usb-drives/70de07e1-8bfe-4abe-9708-4a8ae0f795cf"
  5. Windows system files location and drive partition

Windows system files location and drive partition: Hi! I was wondering if I should partition my C drive. At the moment I've got all off my files in the same C drive, both Windows system files as well as my personal files. Could the computer and/or the programs on it run smoother if I has the system files in another drive?...
  6. delete system files on old drive

delete system files on old drive: How do I delete system files on a hard disk that is no longer the boot disk? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-system-files-on-old-drive/fcca3c2d-6e30-4ad0-84a0-d416759010aa"
  7. ReFS File System on Hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ReFS File System on Hard drive: Is the ReFS file system suitable for use on the hard drive? if it matches what makes them suitable and if not, please state the reason too. Thanks. I have windows 10 education that have ReFS file system on format option and that makes me confused. 130010
  8. Multiple SYSTEM drives show in File Explorer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple SYSTEM drives show in File Explorer.: While doing a system backup today on one of my machines using EaseUs Backup app, it failed to write to the usual folder on a USB external HD. I investigated and found the folder could not indeed be written too. I disconnected the drive and connected it to another PC and found...
  9. System/Boot files on different drives

in Windows 10 Support
    System/Boot files on different drives: New to these forums and hoping someone can help with my issue. I have a homebuilt machine that had Win7 ultimate running on a 150GB HDD. I cloned it some time ago to a 500 GB HDD. Then I changed to Win10 Pro (first upgraded to Win8 and then immediately to Win10) and all...
  10. Determine File System of Drive in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Determine File System of Drive in Windows 10: How to: Determine File System of Drive in Windows 10 How to Determine File System of Drive in Windows 10 [img] Information A file system enables applications to store and retrieve files on storage devices. Windows 10 supports formatting a drive using the ReFS file...