Windows 10: "System Files" & System and Reserved eating storage space

Discus and support "System Files" & System and Reserved eating storage space in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi there, I have a question about my brand newly bought HP stream laptop. I bought this about a week ago and around two days ago I got a notification... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Savannah Robles, Jan 21, 2021.

1. "System Files" & System and Reserved eating storage space

Hi there, I have a question about my brand newly bought HP stream laptop. I bought this about a week ago and around two days ago I got a notification that I was low on storage. This alarmed me because I hadn't downloaded anything onto here. ANYTHING. So, I checked it out and what was eating my storage space turned out to be a category called "Systems and Reserved". And I click on it, can't delete anything from it and it was taking up 21.7 GB of data. Shocking I know that's a lot of space. I checked it again today, and the number grew to 23.9 GB of data. Something is literally eating my storage space and I can't figure out what. I have done some research and most places have told me to try running a Disk cleanup, file cleanup, deleting SRU files, rebooting, everything. I don't know what's wrong and I am kind of angry because I just bought this laptop. No laptop comes with full storage on it. Any recommendations? If nothing works I am exchanging it for a new one.

:)

Savannah Robles, Jan 21, 2021
  2. Rey Bel1 Win User

windows 10 system and reserve taking up too much space

Hi,

Windows Restore Points does eat up tremendous amount of your disk space and clearing it would indeed help free up some space. Aside from restore points, there are other invisible factors that can eat away your hard drive space like temporary and cached files.
    For us to better understand why you keep on getting error messages about your storage space being full, we would like to ask the following questions:

• When did you first encounter the issue?
    • Which Windows version and build is you device running? Type winver on the search bar, and then press
      Enter to find out.
    • What specific error message or error code did you get?
    • Could you repost the screenshots again?

In the meantime, we suggest you check the steps provided by Greg Carmack on this

thread
    about clearing system and reserve after an upgrade and see if it helps.

We look forward to your response.

Rey Bel1, Jan 21, 2021
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Reserved Storage took more storage than System Files

Hi Isaiah

From your screenshot, Reserved Storage is only 0.02 GB more than System files on your system

Honestly, if you have 9GB free on a system with a 32GB (29.1GB usable) SSD you are doing really well.

Most users with a 32GB SSD are unable to update their system at all, due to lack of space . ..

Any device with a 32 GB SSD is not good enough to run Windows 10, regardless of the system specs put out by Microsoft.

I honestly don't know why the manufacturers produced these devices.

The Windows 10 folder with a couple of updates will very quickly eat up over 20GB of your hard drive, mine is currently 23GB

DaveM121, Jan 21, 2021
  4. "System Files" & System and Reserved eating storage space

you are running out of disk space on system reserved - Windows 10 -

Hi

My name is Lester and hopefully, this helps answer your question.

System reserve partition should not eat disk space, and should be on the list of drive in this PC.

What drive letter is the System reserve partition? can you check it please?

Press Windows key+ E then click on This PC and look for that drive.

Assuming that drive is letter H: Just follow the steps below:

1. Open CMD as admin or powershell as admin (Press Windows key + X then click on powershell Administrator)

2. type in the following command:

mountvol H: /d

Note: this is only an example replace H: with the right letter of system reserved partition.

I hope this will help.

Lester

Independent Advisor

Lester BernardReyes, Jan 21, 2021
Thema:

"System Files" & System and Reserved eating storage space

1. "System Files" & System and Reserved eating storage space - Similar Threads - System Files System

2. System Reserve Partition and Storage Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Reserve Partition and Storage Settings: Hey Community,I was reviewing my laptop from work and I notice a couple issues with the System Reserved files section. It is showing 41GB as the system & Reserved. I was under the impression that the system reserve only needed 500 MB.I then went to my disk management to check...
  3. System Reserve Partition and Storage Settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System Reserve Partition and Storage Settings: Hey Community,I was reviewing my laptop from work and I notice a couple issues with the System Reserved files section. It is showing 41GB as the system & Reserved. I was under the impression that the system reserve only needed 500 MB.I then went to my disk management to check...
  4. Reducing the size of System Files & Reserved Storage

Reducing the size of System Files & Reserved Storage: Hello, Is there anyway to reduce the System Files and Reserved storage size? My 256 GB SSD drive is currently full. I checked my storage settings, and it turns out System & Reserved storage is taking up a big chunk of it - maybe larger than it should. I've tried running the...
  5. Reducing the size of System Files & Reserved Storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reducing the size of System Files & Reserved Storage: Hello, Is there anyway to reduce the System Files and Reserved storage size? My 256 GB SSD drive is currently full. I checked my storage settings, and it turns out System & Reserved storage is taking up a big chunk of it - maybe larger than it should. I've tried running the...
  6. Reducing the size of System Files & Reserved Storage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. System and Reserved storage taking more space.

in Windows 10 Customization
    System and Reserved storage taking more space.: My system and reserved storage takes 160 GB. The window 10 alone takes 44 GB? The system restore takes around 80GB. Please help me with storage settings. [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  8. Reserved Storage took more storage than System Files

Reserved Storage took more storage than System Files: So I've finished installing Windows 10 version 1903, To see that I only have 5 GB left on my SSD. (It's a 32 GB SSD.) So I've figured it was only Windows Update files. So I ran Disk Cleanup. After I ran Disk Cleanup, I only have 9 GB. Now I wanted to see what was going on. I...
  9. System files in reserved space problem

System files in reserved space problem: Hello, I've got a serious problem with my windows system files which are in reserved space. I can't clean it up in any way, I've tried all solutions I'd found on the Internet like cleaning up disk, optimising, defragmenting, and using windows tools to free up all caches and...
  10. Space on System Reserved E

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Space on System Reserved E: I keep getting every few minutes a warning that I am out of disk space on system reserved E. I have seen on the page ( I don't know what to call it ), but the icon for system reserved E shows a complete red line, it's full. I don't know how to get rid of the problem and get...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com

2. system file and reserved

3. can i gegain the sorage windows 10 eats

4. windows 10 system and reserved storage too large