Windows 10: System files taking up 200gb

Discus and support System files taking up 200gb in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My system files is taking up 200gb and I don't know where it's coming from.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TrangLe2, Feb 9, 2020.

1. TrangLe2 Win User

System files taking up 200gb

My system files is taking up 200gb and I don't know where it's coming from.

:)

TrangLe2, Feb 9, 2020
  2. ewang0608 Win User

System Files taking up too much space (over 200gb)

(I know this is a frequently asked question but I needed to ask this for myself, as I have already tried most of the advice I have gotten through searches)

My Bootcamp Windows (I'm running Windows 10 on my Mac) has around 233gb of designated space. However, currently System Files is taking up most of that space, over 200gb of it and I have no more space on my Macintosh to spare. As seen in the pictures below.

System files taking up 200gb 05d48f3b-af43-47ac-a80c-77ecd22fdd0b?upload=true.png

System files taking up 200gb 07db9e7a-f37f-4493-99a1-c414aa1962ee?upload=true.png

As I said before, I have already tried using applications such as Folder Size and Disk Cleanup (pictures below) to try to solve my problem, however there is not much to clean using Disk Cleanup, and Folder Size doesn't show where
    the 200gb "System Files" are located.

System files taking up 200gb 6e5c9220-3615-4629-b18a-b199c33b020c?upload=true.png

System files taking up 200gb 5621bc01-5b2a-487b-bcf1-9fb293d3c5ad?upload=true.png

Is there any other way I can solve this issue? Perhaps forcefully deleting some system files (although I'm worried that might cause some issues)?
    (If you have any other information you need for context, please do not hesitate to respond to this question and I will try to provide it).

Thanks.

ewang0608, Feb 9, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Feb 9, 2020
  4. System files taking up 200gb

file system error -1073545193

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

From the description provided, I understand that you are encountering the error message when you are trying to access any media file in the CD/DVD Drive of your computer.

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      sfc/scannow
      and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be happy to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Feb 9, 2020
Thema:

System files taking up 200gb

1. System files taking up 200gb - Similar Threads - System files taking

2. System files taking up over 200gb of space, how do I clear it up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System files taking up over 200gb of space, how do I clear it up?: My laptop only has a 500gb SSD storage, I currently have 2 games installed and the rest are microsoft apps and some game launchers but my storage capacity is almost full and upon checking my storage System Files is taking up around 200gb of storage even though windows11 is...
  3. System files taking up over 200gb of space, how do I clear it up?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System files taking up over 200gb of space, how do I clear it up?: My laptop only has a 500gb SSD storage, I currently have 2 games installed and the rest are microsoft apps and some game launchers but my storage capacity is almost full and upon checking my storage System Files is taking up around 200gb of storage even though windows11 is...
  4. System Files taking up too much space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System Files taking up too much space: I've been having storage issues and I checked my system files. Asked a few people and searched it on web and found out that 70GB is too much. I don't know what seems to be the problem since Windows file isn't that huge. How do I fix this?...
  5. System files taking up 85GB of storage space

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System files taking up 85GB of storage space: Today I got a system notification on Windows 10 telling me that my C: drive is full, so I checked where most of the used space came from and found this. It seems like 85GB out of my 111GB drive are being occupied by system files, here you can see how 77GB are being used by...
  6. System Volume Information taking up nearly 200GB

System Volume Information taking up nearly 200GB: And I can see it's clearly because the System Restore contains about 100GB of random games that I don't need or want on any system restore image as I already have a system image on a separate drive and I don't need to be taking up that room both for the installed game and for...
  7. System Files takings up 905GB

System Files takings up 905GB: [IMG]I dont get it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-files-takings-up-905gb/f4485963-5694-4758-85b9-887ece57327f
  8. System files taking up a ton of space?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System files taking up a ton of space?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/katkoon [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hohbdl/system_files_taking_up_a_ton_of_space/
  9. System Files taking up too much space (over 200gb)

System Files taking up too much space (over 200gb): (I know this is a frequently asked question but I needed to ask this for myself, as I have already tried most of the advice I have gotten through searches) My Bootcamp Windows (I'm running Windows 10 on my Mac) has around 233gb of designated space. However, currently System...
  10. System Files taking up 424 GB

System Files taking up 424 GB: I created a 50GB Windows partition on my MacBook, but the "necessary" system files are somehow taking up over 400GB. I can't download anything and it's very frustrating, because none of my attempts to free up space have helped! [ATTACH]...