Windows 10: System Files taking up 424 GB

Discus and support System Files taking up 424 GB in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I created a 50GB Windows partition on my MacBook, but the "necessary" system files are somehow taking up over 400GB. I can't download anything and it's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Laura (sinkle), Feb 24, 2019.

1. System Files taking up 424 GB

I created a 50GB Windows partition on my MacBook, but the "necessary" system files are somehow taking up over 400GB. I can't download anything and it's very frustrating, because none of my attempts to free up space have helped!

System Files taking up 424 GB 280c8898-2fd5-45e8-8948-7fecc799e0f5?upload=true.jpg

:)

Laura (sinkle), Feb 24, 2019
  2. Zablas Win User

System files take up to 70 GBs.

Hello everyone! Today I'm here with a very serious problem as stated in the title. Over the past 2 weeks free space on my SSD has been disappearing for no actual reason. I haven't been installing anything on it. I checked Disk Cleanup and I found out that
    "System error memory dump files" take up around 48 GBs. I cleaned them out but the space never came back and after rechecking Disk Cleanup the files were still there. I also checked how much do my system files take up and they take up almost 70 GBs. I have
    tried using many cmd prompt commands tod delete the MEMORY.DMP file but it just won't delete. It's not even in the C:\Windows folder which is the current set location for it. I have downloaded WindirStat and found out that there are 2 jxbrowser folders (one
    in System32 and other in SysWOW) which take up 48Gigs EACH. I am really not sure what to do because my SSD is on 5 GBs of free space. I REALLY need some help!

Zablas, Feb 24, 2019
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Feb 24, 2019
  4. bexica Win User

System Files taking up 424 GB

Problem with over 200 GB of system files

I have a 64-bit Windows 10 PC, I built it a few years ago with Windows 7 and did the free Windows 10 upgrade last year. My hard drive is a modest 500 GB but I recently I noticed I am almost out of room so I went to investigate why. When I used Windows 10 Data Usage tool, I saw that my personal files accounted for less than half the hard drive space used. System files took the other half, specifically 217 GB of System files. I looked it up and I think Windows 10 64-bit takes up 20 GB of space. What the heck is going on here then? I have a very few games- Hearthstone, Portal, etc- and some basic utility files like LibreOffice, Gimp, iTunes, etc. Any suggestions for finding my mystery hard drive hog are welcome.

bexica, Feb 24, 2019
Thema:

System Files taking up 424 GB

1. System Files taking up 424 GB - Similar Threads - System Files taking

2. System & Reserved taking up 100+ GB of space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System & Reserved taking up 100+ GB of space: So I've been having this issue where my windows system and reserved space is taking up way over 100+ GB of storage on my PC which is far from normal. I've tried a few things already and gotten nowhere. I even tried using the index options method and performed a restart along...
  3. System & Reserved taking up 100+ GB of space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System & Reserved taking up 100+ GB of space: So I've been having this issue where my windows system and reserved space is taking up way over 100+ GB of storage on my PC which is far from normal. I've tried a few things already and gotten nowhere. I even tried using the index options method and performed a restart along...
  4. System & Reserved taking up 100+ GB of space

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows System and reserved files are taking up to 395 GB

Windows System and reserved files are taking up to 395 GB: Previously I had windows 8.1 in my hp laptop. When I installed windows 10 pro on in it, the windows files started taking about 395 GB. I don't know which file is taking so much storage. Please help me to fix this issue. Thank you...
  6. System taking up 899 GB of storage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System taking up 899 GB of storage: I recently installed windows on my mac through bootcamp. The only thing I did once I opened windows was install a few games that wasn’t available on mac. However, the systems was taking up 899 GB of storage. How do I fix this problem? What I’ve tried: Restarting my mac...
  7. Temporary Files taking up 72 GB

Temporary Files taking up 72 GB: Hey, My temp files in storage says it takes up 72GB. I can only delete 4 GB of them, how do I delete them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/temporary-files-taking-up-72-gb/3729e2d0-f5d1-4463-a224-f7ec9f65ea55
  8. System Files takings up 905GB

System Files takings up 905GB: [IMG]I dont get it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-files-takings-up-905gb/f4485963-5694-4758-85b9-887ece57327f
  9. System files taking up 170 GB on a brand new computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System files taking up 170 GB on a brand new computer: Hi, I just got a new computer today. It came with Windows pre-installed (but not set up). After setting up, I updated the OS and installed three or four programs (Steam, Spotify, Chrome, and one video game that takes up about 13 gigs). I noticed that half of my 500 gb...
  10. System and Reserved Taking Up 140 GB

System and Reserved Taking Up 140 GB: Hello, I have 225 GB SSD laptop that was originally running Windows 7. When WIndows 10 offered free upgrades, I took advantage of that to upgrade my OS to Windows 10. I don't use my laptop much, but noticed that lately I've been having issues with storage space. I noticed...