Windows 10: System Files taking up too much space

Discus and support System Files taking up too much space in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've been having storage issues and I checked my system files. Asked a few people and searched it on web and found out that 70GB is too much. I don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Berfin Kılınç, Jul 9, 2021.

1. System Files taking up too much space

I've been having storage issues and I checked my system files. Asked a few people and searched it on web and found out that 70GB is too much. I don't know what seems to be the problem since Windows file isn't that huge. How do I fix this?

:)

Berfin Kılınç, Jul 9, 2021
  2. DaveM121 Win User

System Taking Like All of my space ._.

Windows File Explorer is not great at finding out where your hard drive space is being used . . .

• Click HERE to download a small free utility Called TreeSize.
    • Run that utility as Administrator
    • Point it to your C Drive
    • Let the list of files/folders build
    • Expand out the folder(s) that are taking all your hard drive space
    • Please provide a screenshot of the resulting window in order for us to make a better analysis of what is happening with your system and suggest a remedy

DaveM121, Jul 9, 2021
  3. System and Reserved Files are taking too much space. 350GB

Hello,

The system and reserved files may continue to consume space due to a certain service log that could add to your system as a result of multiple operations. At this moment, we suggest that you run
    CHKDSK command prompt by following the steps below:

• Plug in your external hard drive, USB drive or memory card to PC.
    • Open Command Prompt; then, press Windows key + X button and select the
      Command Prompt (Admin) option.
    • In the new Command Prompt window, type chkdskE: /f /r. Here, you should replace E with the drive letter of your external hard drive or USB device.

Note: This operation will run CHKDSK to check and repair file system corruption, errors, corruptions or bad sectors on the external hard drive or USB disk.

It is also advisable to manually delete files in C:\Windows\Logs\CBS. To do so, follow the steps on this article:

Clean Up Component-Based Servicing logs

Let us know the result and progress of your troubleshooting.

Dhavelyn Mer, Jul 9, 2021
  4. System Files taking up too much space

Not enough space even though there is space

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We will surely assist you with the issue. Refer the below steps.

Step 1:

I suggest you to change the file system to NTFS while formatting and then try copying the files and check.

Step 2:

• Take the backup of the data, if you have any important data in it?
      • Let’s format the drive and check.
      • Go to this PC.
      • Right click on the external USB device.
      • Select Format.

Note: Formatting will delete all the data in the device, taking a backup of the data is recommended before performing a format.

Keep us posted for further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Jul 9, 2021
Thema:

System Files taking up too much space

1. System Files taking up too much space - Similar Threads - System Files taking

2. System and Reserved Files are taking too much space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System and Reserved Files are taking too much space: How do I get more space? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-and-reserved-files-are-taking-too-much/d8633c93-1954-41e0-aeef-235348db06ba
  3. System and Reserved Files are taking too much space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System and Reserved Files are taking too much space: How do I get more space? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-and-reserved-files-are-taking-too-much/d8633c93-1954-41e0-aeef-235348db06ba
  4. "System & reserved" files taking up way too much space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "System & reserved" files taking up way too much space: I'm looking for an answer about how to clear up disk space!I have a 256GB SSD, and nearly half of it is "System & reserved" files!! It is a Dell XPS 15 9575, a two-in-one laptop with touchscreen and pen. About 2 years old, bought it new. It still runs great, no issues except...
  5. "System & reserved" files taking up way too much space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "System & reserved" files taking up way too much space: I'm looking for an answer about how to clear up disk space!I have a 256GB SSD, and nearly half of it is "System & reserved" files!! It is a Dell XPS 15 9575, a two-in-one laptop with touchscreen and pen. About 2 years old, bought it new. It still runs great, no issues except...
  6. "System & reserved" files taking up way too much space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. system and reserve files taking too much space

system and reserve files taking too much space: My system and reserve files are taking up 105 of the 119 GB available - what can I do about this. I have been running this system for about 4 years and this problem only just started happening a few months ago - I have followed all the steps of cleaning and optimizing storage...
  8. System Files taking up too much space (over 200gb)

System Files taking up too much space (over 200gb): (I know this is a frequently asked question but I needed to ask this for myself, as I have already tried most of the advice I have gotten through searches) My Bootcamp Windows (I'm running Windows 10 on my Mac) has around 233gb of designated space. However, currently System...
  9. Log files taking up too much space

Log files taking up too much space: I recently noticed that the used space of my disk was constantly increasing. After poking around a bit, I found that the windows/Temp folder had tens of thousands of files named 'AppXDeploymentServer_'+long string of numbers and letters+.evtx. Each of these files is 5188 KB....
  10. Windows system and reserve files taking up too much space

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows system and reserve files taking up too much space: Hi i have brand new laptop running windows 10. Basically an empty laptop, after the latest windows 10 updates, i kept getting pop up informing me that i have a low ssd disk space and my battery can't seems to charge when the power is plugged in. i need help on this!...