Windows 10: System Files takings up 905GB

Discus and support System Files takings up 905GB in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; [IMG]I dont get it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-files-takings-up-905gb/f4485963-5694-4758-85b9-887ece57327f Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Alyssa Liang, Sep 19, 2020.

1. System Files takings up 905GB

System Files takings up 905GB [​IMG]I dont get it

:)

Alyssa Liang, Sep 19, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Sep 19, 2020
  3. file system error -1073545193

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

From the description provided, I understand that you are encountering the error message when you are trying to access any media file in the CD/DVD Drive of your computer.

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      sfc/scannow
      and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be happy to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Sep 19, 2020
  4. rtwjunkie Win User

System Files takings up 905GB

geforce experience takes an age to load..

Well that's why I asked. Mine is on SSD and takes 11 seconds. Your list of games will not appear if it has not checkd for updated suggested settings for awhile until it checks.

When it says it is refreshing the game list, it is checking, because NVIDIA periodically updates suggested settings. Plus it will look for those for new games you have installed.

So, the less it is run, the slower it will be.

rtwjunkie, Sep 19, 2020
Thema:

System Files takings up 905GB

1. System Files takings up 905GB - Similar Threads - System Files takings

2. System files taking up a ton of space?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System files taking up a ton of space?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/katkoon [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hohbdl/system_files_taking_up_a_ton_of_space/
  3. System files taking up 200gb

in Windows 10 Customization
    System files taking up 200gb: My system files is taking up 200gb and I don't know where it's coming from. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-files-taking-up-200gb/588f5189-a89c-4560-b56e-533730e4ed47
  4. System Reserved Partition taking up 1tb.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System Reserved Partition taking up 1tb.: I was looking for my 1tb hard drive i have in my pc and couldnt find it, so i went to disk manager and it was a system reserved partition taking up te whole thing, even though i have windows installed on my SSD. how can i get rid of this or at least make it small so i can use...
  5. System files taking up 170 GB on a brand new computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System files taking up 170 GB on a brand new computer: Hi, I just got a new computer today. It came with Windows pre-installed (but not set up). After setting up, I updated the OS and installed three or four programs (Steam, Spotify, Chrome, and one video game that takes up about 13 gigs). I noticed that half of my 500 gb...
  6. System Files taking up too much space (over 200gb)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System Files taking up too much space (over 200gb): (I know this is a frequently asked question but I needed to ask this for myself, as I have already tried most of the advice I have gotten through searches) My Bootcamp Windows (I'm running Windows 10 on my Mac) has around 233gb of designated space. However, currently System...
  7. System Files taking up 424 GB

System Files taking up 424 GB: I created a 50GB Windows partition on my MacBook, but the "necessary" system files are somehow taking up over 400GB. I can't download anything and it's very frustrating, because none of my attempts to free up space have helped! [ATTACH]...
  8. System is taking up 400GB of space.

System is taking up 400GB of space.: Hello I have a problem with my space usage. My computer is having a daily update that does nothing and I think it's just giving me unnecessary files. I'm not saying I'm sure of it, but my second disc have, for some reason, been getting a lot of GB's from nothing, I haven't...
  9. System and Reserved Taking Up 140 GB

System and Reserved Taking Up 140 GB: Hello, I have 225 GB SSD laptop that was originally running Windows 7. When WIndows 10 offered free upgrades, I took advantage of that to upgrade my OS to Windows 10. I don't use my laptop much, but noticed that lately I've been having issues with storage space. I noticed...
  10. Windows system and reserve files taking up too much space

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows system and reserve files taking up too much space: Hi i have brand new laptop running windows 10. Basically an empty laptop, after the latest windows 10 updates, i kept getting pop up informing me that i have a low ssd disk space and my battery can't seems to charge when the power is plugged in. i need help on this!...