Windows 10: System-Files Virtual Size 2.151.786.996 K ???

Discus and support System-Files Virtual Size 2.151.786.996 K ??? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; [img] What's wrong with this picture? Up until now, I had some biggest programs using 4GB of VAS (virtual size), but W10 using 2TB of virtual size... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by kosta, Aug 15, 2015.

1. kosta Win User

System-Files Virtual Size 2.151.786.996 K ???

System-Files Virtual Size 2.151.786.996 K ??? [​IMG]

What's wrong with this picture? Up until now, I had some biggest programs using 4GB of VAS (virtual size), but W10 using 2TB of virtual size for it's system files??

:)

kosta, Aug 15, 2015
  2. DaveM121 Win User

How do I locate my 69GB of music?

Pagefile.sys is the Windows paging file, also known as the swap file, or virtual memory file. It’s a file that Windows uses as Virtual Memory Virtual Memory is disk space Windows uses when it runs out of physical memory, or RAM It is unusual for the Page
    File to be on your Second Drive . . . How to reduce the size of your Page File: Press Windows Key and type: view advanced Select View advanced system settings from the menu When the System Properties window opens, click the Settings button in the Performance
    section Navigate to the Advanced tab. From there, you’ll see the size of the paging file for all drives. To change it, click the Change button in Virtual memory section Uncheck Automatically manage paging file size for all drives Select your M drive from the
    list Select the Custom size option and set the Initial and Maximum size to 4000MB Once you’re done, click Set and OK to save changes Restart your System

DaveM121, Aug 15, 2015
  3. Andre Da Costa, Aug 15, 2015
  4. LMiller7 Win User

The sceenshot is correct. There is nothing wrong. This comes about as a result of an update first introduced in Windows 8.1.
    This article explains the situation for those who can understand it.
    How Control Flow Guard Drastically Caused Windows 8.1 Address Space and Behavior Changes « Alex Ionescu’s Blog

Note that this is 2 TB of VIRTUAL address space and has no significant cost in system resources. In Windows 8.1 and later each 64 bit process has a 128 TB private virtual address space. This is up from 8 TB in previous 64 bit systems.

LMiller7, Aug 15, 2015
  5. kosta Win User
    Yes, I understand the concept of virtual space, we work with that a lot in the flight simulation community. I am aware that it has nothing to do with system resources.

Thank you for the link, now that I'm aware that it's normal, all is fine!

kosta, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. System-Files Virtual Size 2.151.786.996 K ??? - Similar Threads - System Files Virtual

2. Reducing the size of System Files & Reserved Storage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Reducing the size of System Files & Reserved Storage: Hello, Is there anyway to reduce the System Files and Reserved storage size? My 256 GB SSD drive is currently full. I checked my storage settings, and it turns out System & Reserved storage is taking up a big chunk of it - maybe larger than it should. I've tried running the...
  3. Reducing the size of System Files & Reserved Storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reducing the size of System Files & Reserved Storage: Hello, Is there anyway to reduce the System Files and Reserved storage size? My 256 GB SSD drive is currently full. I checked my storage settings, and it turns out System & Reserved storage is taking up a big chunk of it - maybe larger than it should. I've tried running the...
  4. Info on the virtual memory size

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Info on the virtual memory size: Hi What does the virtual memory size depend on?Since I have a notebook with 16GB of RAM and a 1TB SSD disk used for the VMs creation, what would be the recommended virtual memory size to avoid future problems? Thanks Bye 171363
  5. Virtual Memory Size

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Virtual Memory Size: [ATTACH] Is it normal for Virtual memory to take this amount of space ? https://preview.redd.it/ovqvnas4ubg51.png?width=1199&format=png&auto=webp&s=8932c141dd2a781409d0ca9564d9dc86a869558f submitted by /u/Safodo [link] [comments]...
  6. Change 'virtual' screen size?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change 'virtual' screen size?: [ATTACH] I have been having an annoyance for quite some time now that I have never managed to fix. I have three screens: a 24 inch 1080p screen, a 27 inch 4K screen and a 15 inch 4K laptop screen. When I am on a desk, the 24 and 27 inch are mostly used, but as these screen...
  7. C-Drive Apps&Features at 151 gb when top file size is 858mb

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    C-Drive Apps&Features at 151 gb when top file size is 858mb: Hello, I have tried to contact support, however they could not help me so i am hoping you guys can. My C-Drive is now down to 30gb was down to 10gb but i freed desktop space. Apps & Features is using 151 gb when the top file size is 858 mb on there. I was wondering if there...
  8. Lots of traction w/ these 2 K/B Shortcuts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lots of traction w/ these 2 K/B Shortcuts: One can, absolutely, very quickly & easily, develop a real fondness for Win+v and Win+Tab! No need to articulate how & why they are both so useful, it's blatantly obvious, really. Great, functional access to Clipboard for the one and the convenience of seeing ALL desktops...
  9. 2 virtual desktops on 2 monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    2 virtual desktops on 2 monitors: I have 2 monitors on my PC, and I want to have 2 virtual desktops, 1 on first monitor and 1 on second. Can I achieve that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2-virtual-desktops-on-2-monitors/05bb7182-d9b3-47c1-a2d7-8898497febb2
  10. System freezes temporarily at approximately 2-minute intervals due to "SVCHOST -k rpcss...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System freezes temporarily at approximately 2-minute intervals due to "SVCHOST -k rpcss...: I have a system that has a frustrating behavior. Worse, I cannot identify the root cause. I hope someone can help. The most common event with this issue is described as follows. At approximately 2-minute intervals, keyboard input and mouse cursor movement will freeze...