Windows 10: System firmware UEFI, Secure Boot capable

Discus and support System firmware UEFI, Secure Boot capable in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; HOW I change bios mode legacy to UEFI... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Naresh Singh 26, Aug 26, 2021.

1. System firmware UEFI, Secure Boot capable

HOW I change bios mode legacy to UEFI

:)

Naresh Singh 26, Aug 26, 2021

2. Secure Boot and UEFI Firmware updates?

The laptop I have is still with the Windows 7 logo sticker on it and now I am running Windows 10 on it.
    So, as I now recall, I had to change the BIOS settings to use only UEFI and then now I have enabled Secure Boot.

So what do you suggest in case I need a firmware update?
    Should I disable Secure Boot before doing the firmware updates?

win10freak, Aug 26, 2021
  3. cereberus Win User
    Secure Boot and UEFI Firmware updates?

If laptop is so old that it came with Windows 7, a firmware update is highly unlikely. Updating bios has nothing to do with secure boot anyway.

cereberus, Aug 26, 2021
  4. simrick Win User

System firmware UEFI, Secure Boot capable

UEFI with secure boot disabled

Hi.
    Reading on the Lenovo site:
    How to boot to Legacy device or system configured with Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit or 64-bit) or Windows 8 (32-bit) - ThinkPad, ThinkCentre, ThinkStation, IdeaCentre
    So my question would be, what have you done to the system, that has disabled Secure Boot?

EDIT: Perhaps you could just go into the BIOS and set it to defaults. But if you have installed a Legacy (MBR) version of W10, or upgraded a version of W7 to W10, you will not be able to boot the OS with Secure Boot turned on.

simrick, Aug 26, 2021
Thema:

System firmware UEFI, Secure Boot capable

1. System firmware UEFI, Secure Boot capable - Similar Threads - System firmwareUEFI Secure

2. System not booting with real windows. No security. Help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System not booting with real windows. No security. Help: It looks like someone got access to all of my admin. I reinstalled windows but I still can’t access defender or anything to try to remove the malware. Is there anything I can do? When. I reinstalled the malware was taking control of all my blu tooth devices too....
  3. System not booting with real windows. No security. Help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System not booting with real windows. No security. Help: It looks like someone got access to all of my admin. I reinstalled windows but I still can’t access defender or anything to try to remove the malware. Is there anything I can do? When. I reinstalled the malware was taking control of all my blu tooth devices too....
  4. System Information says Secure Boot is off despite Boot Type being set to UEFI. Secure boot...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Information says Secure Boot is off despite Boot Type being set to UEFI. Secure boot...: I'll include some hopefully helpful screenshots here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-information-says-secure-boot-is-off-despite/ad90703f-ee6e-4663-9caa-fdd7148ee9de
  5. System Information says Secure Boot is off despite Boot Type being set to UEFI. Secure boot...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Information says Secure Boot is off despite Boot Type being set to UEFI. Secure boot...: I'll include some hopefully helpful screenshots here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-information-says-secure-boot-is-off-despite/ad90703f-ee6e-4663-9caa-fdd7148ee9de
  6. Windows 11 requirement = System firmware : UEFI, Secure Boot capable

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 11 requirement = System firmware : UEFI, Secure Boot capable: Hii My Dell laptop has the BIOS as legacy and Secure Boot mode as unsupported when I checked it by using the command msinfo32. I wanted to make my laptops BIOS as UEFI and secure boot enabled as it is one of the criteria for Windows 11. Can...
  7. Capability of windows to download system specs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Capability of windows to download system specs: Hi Microsoft Community, I've been seeing a lot about on Ways to Check System Specs on Windows 10. I wonder, what will be the most efficient and accurate way on how to check the system specs on Windows 10. And does the windows 10 is capable on extracting those information...
  8. Device Security - Hardware Security Capability message not shown

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Device Security - Hardware Security Capability message not shown: My security center shows a blank message where it should show one of the messages specified on this support article: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4096339/windows-10-device-protection-in-windows-defender-security-center#hardwarescore What does this mean and how...
  9. New capabilities coming to Microsoft Enterprise Mobility + Security

in Windows 10 News
    New capabilities coming to Microsoft Enterprise Mobility + Security: As 2016 draws to a close, we would like to thank you for choosing Microsoft Enterprise Mobility + Security (EMS) to protect and secure your employees as you continue to digitally transform your organizations. More than 37,000 customers and over half of the Fortune 500 have...
  10. New enhancements for Office 365 security and compliance capabilities

in Windows 10 News
    New enhancements for Office 365 security and compliance capabilities: Today, we’re pleased to announce several enhancements that bolster Office 365’s security and compliance capabilities. With the launch of Office 365 Threat Intelligence, we are enriching security in Office 365 to help customers stay ahead of the evolving threat landscape....