Windows 10: System folder Desktop

Discus and support System folder Desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I run Win 10 Pro on my desktop computer. I accidentally moved my desktop folder [Properties Tab of the original Desktop folder Tab Location] to root... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MichaelRottmann1, Jul 20, 2021.

1. System folder Desktop

I run Win 10 Pro on my desktop computer. I accidentally moved my desktop folder [Properties Tab of the original Desktop folder Tab Location] to root level of Drive V:\ on my system. This clutters my screen as all folders on root level now appear on the screen as that is the "desktop". In this situation there is no folder called desktop and thus I can not move the folder. How to correct this or craete a new desktop folderin a different location and make the system use the new location whenever I indicate destination Desktop

:)

MichaelRottmann1, Jul 20, 2021

2. Can't open folders on desktop

Hello David,

System file corruption is one of the possible causes of this issue. For us to isolate and assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• What exactly happens when you try to open folder?
    • Are you getting any error messages?

Meanwhile, we suggest checking this article and follow the
    steps to automatically diagnose and repair problems with files and folders in Windows.

We're looking forward to your response.

Michelle Vil, Jul 20, 2021
  3. Windows 10 - Icons appear on Desktop but not Desktop Folder

Hello Daniel,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

From the description of the issue, I understand that desktop icon shortcuts does not appear in the Desktop folder in Windows 10.

Before proceeding, please check if the same issue occur when logged in through a different user account.

Ref:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-set-up-accounts

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      sfc/scannow
      and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Hope the above information was helpful. if you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be happy to help you.

Thank you

Sayan_Ghosh, Jul 20, 2021
  4. Try3 Win User

System folder Desktop

Deleted icons stay on desktop (not in desktop folder)

I can only suggest that you
    1 Add a list of steps you have already taken.
    2 Add a comment about restarting the computer. Do the deleted icons disappear then?
    2 Add a comment explaining if any Desktop items do delete correctly and whether or not there are any significant differences between those that do delete correctly and those that don't.
    3 Add a list of any OS tweaks you have done & any third-party OS-related utilities you have run.

I assume you have already reinstalled your display driver.
    I don't see a Repair install as being relevant. Repair Install - TenForumsTutorials

Denis

Thema:

System folder Desktop

1. System folder Desktop - Similar Threads - System folder Desktop

2. Desktop icon of a defined System folder doesn't move

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icon of a defined System folder doesn't move: I need to change the location of the Pictures folder on the desktop but it keeps returning to its standard position. How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icon-of-a-defined-system-folder-doesnt/f8a4b38b-fc05-4ce6-bc6d-c4aa54834689
  3. Desktop Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Folder: hi,i have a suggestion if you ever have the time to implement the idea i think it will be a nice addition,the folders in the desktop,is there a possibility to make the folder look like transparent collections or like android folders to make my desktop look more lively...
  4. Desktop Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Folder: hi,i have a suggestion if you ever have the time to implement the idea i think it will be a nice addition,the folders in the desktop,is there a possibility to make the folder look like transparent collections or like android folders to make my desktop look more lively...
  5. desktop folder within a desktop folder within a desktop folder

in Windows 10 Support
    desktop folder within a desktop folder within a desktop folder: Through transferring data from one computer to another, I've ended up with multiple desktop folders inside of the desktop folder inside of file explorer. Combining those folders seems to be a bit of a task and one drive seems complicate this issue. 171578
  6. System Volume Information and moving the Desktop folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System Volume Information and moving the Desktop folder: Hello, I wanted to move the desktop folder to another Drive from C: drive to E: drive since I have everything in the Desktop and my C: drive was running out of space. The E: drive was completely empty as I had just installed it. I moved the location of the desktop by going...
  7. System Folders: Downloads, and Desktop system folders are same name

System Folders: Downloads, and Desktop system folders are same name: I tried moving my Desktop System Folder location to hard drive D:/ 1. On my File Explorer folder, I right clicked on Desktop System Folder on the This PC tab 2. Clicked on Properties 3. Clicked Location Tab 4. Set Location to D:/ 5. Applied then pressed okay Did the same...
  8. Desktop Folders

Desktop Folders: The feature allowing me to create new folders on the desktop has stopped working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-folders/a871e3bc-5e42-4dfc-96b8-27efbf2f02ff"
  9. System Volume Information folder showing on my Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    System Volume Information folder showing on my Desktop: SOmetime in the 2-3 weeks I started seeing the System Volume Information folder on my Desktop. 131953
  10. Desktop and images share the same system folder...help!

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop and images share the same system folder...help!: How can i seperate these folders without a fresh windows installation? I made a video showing the problem. If I right click - properties then move the location of the folder, both folders are also moved. They stay 1 folder. Windows 10 system folders messes up -...