Windows 10: System folder namesake

Discus and support System folder namesake in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My Desktop folder and Documents folder are both named "Documents" and these folders have the same location, both of them show all files on my desktop.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TrươngDanh, Aug 17, 2019.

1. System folder namesake

My Desktop folder and Documents folder are both named "Documents" and these folders have the same location, both of them show all files on my desktop. I can't edit the system folder.

So any software like Viber PC that its data files usually located in Documents folder but the software can't find this folder and it just creates data folder directly on my desktop. How can I fix this trouble?

System folder namesake 3a0870ea-e054-4f5b-9b6f-230553185704?upload=true.jpg System folder namesake 495a5489-cb13-4867-a44b-faf798c695de?upload=true.jpg

:)

TrươngDanh, Aug 17, 2019

2. Custom Folder view for new folders registery hack ?

Te new folder has default view of LIST

I want DETAILS

When making new system ... it's a pain in ass changing always.

RuskiSnajper, Aug 17, 2019
  3. enso Win User
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

4. System folder namesake

Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Aug 17, 2019
Thema:

System folder namesake

1. System folder namesake - Similar Threads - System folder namesake

2. System folder Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    System folder Desktop: I run Win 10 Pro on my desktop computer. I accidentally moved my desktop folder [Properties Tab of the original Desktop folder Tab Location] to root level of Drive V:\ on my system. This clutters my screen as all folders on root level now appear on the screen as that is the...
  3. System Folders: Downloads, and Desktop system folders are same name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System Folders: Downloads, and Desktop system folders are same name: I tried moving my Desktop System Folder location to hard drive D:/ 1. On my File Explorer folder, I right clicked on Desktop System Folder on the This PC tab 2. Clicked on Properties 3. Clicked Location Tab 4. Set Location to D:/ 5. Applied then pressed okay Did the same...
  4. Resolving This PC System Folder Points to Another System Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Resolving This PC System Folder Points to Another System Folder: I saw some people running into the same problem, such as "My Windows 10 Desktop and Documents Folder got mixed up", "Desktop folder now named Downloads", but I didn't find a clear answer, and after some attempts, I finally found the solution. Here's an example of the...
  5. system 32 folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    system 32 folder: I want to rename a file that is under System32 folder. How can I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-32-folder/34472898-715f-4651-9b6e-141b4a714046
  6. system folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    system folder: changing file folder to a system folder ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-folder/a51732e5-1c24-437d-be80-c16f321ba880
  7. System folder growing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System folder growing: Hello, Last night before shutting down the computer, system folder C: size was 27.8 GB. Today, about an hour after starting computer, it grew up to 30 GB.! There were no any updates. Checked which files \ folders modified \ created today, there were no findings. I ran...
  8. System folder is "growing"

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System folder is "growing": Hello,Have some questions about update / upgrade windows 10, and other items.1. It is recomended ("PSA: Create Backup Reinstall Media for Your Current Version of Windows 10 Before Upgrading to Windows 10 Creators Update") to make a backup reinstal media by creating a recovery...
  9. System 32 folder

in Windows 10 Support
    System 32 folder: when I start up my Laptop windows 10 boots up the system 32 folder and opens it. tried all the links with google search but most pertain to windows xp and below.. Ran SFC /SCANNOW and also Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth it found and repaired any files per...
  10. Unremovable "System Folder"?

in Windows 10 Support
    Unremovable "System Folder"?: [img] That was for a phone i got rid of 6 months ago. I presume it's tied to the Device under portable devices in the device manager that you can "uninstall" to your hearts content but the moment you check for new hardware it comes back. How does this happen? And more...