Windows 10: system folder

Discus and support system folder in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; changing file folder to a system folder ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-folder/a51732e5-1c24-437d-be80-c16f321ba880 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TerryPhibbs, Jan 8, 2019.

1. system folder

changing file folder to a system folder ?

:)

TerryPhibbs, Jan 8, 2019

2. Custom Folder view for new folders registery hack ?

Te new folder has default view of LIST

I want DETAILS

When making new system ... it's a pain in ass changing always.

RuskiSnajper, Jan 8, 2019
  3. enso Win User
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

enso, Jan 8, 2019
  4. system folder

Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Jan 8, 2019
Thema:

system folder

1. system folder - Similar Threads - system folder

2. System folder Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    System folder Desktop: I run Win 10 Pro on my desktop computer. I accidentally moved my desktop folder [Properties Tab of the original Desktop folder Tab Location] to root level of Drive V:\ on my system. This clutters my screen as all folders on root level now appear on the screen as that is the...
  3. Are user system folders the actual folder or links shortcuts? I'm sure missing my old...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Are user system folders the actual folder or links shortcuts? I'm sure missing my old...: I have a new computer with a small boot drive SSD and what is now becoming typical, I have a much larger HHD for data. I THOUGHT I followed the instructions that I found here and elsewhere to move the system folders DOWNLOADS, DOCUMENTS, PICTURES, MUSIC, and whatever to new...
  4. How to manually sort system folders Desktop, Music, etc. in This PC / navigation pane?

How to manually sort system folders Desktop, Music, etc. in This PC / navigation pane?: Currently my folders are sorted alphabetically in This PC named GAIA-Prime on my computer:I have a specific order I would like them to be in. I want them to be in the following order in both the navigation pane AND in This PC but the nav pane is more important:I tried...
  5. Delete folder that requires SYSTEM permission

Delete folder that requires SYSTEM permission: I want to remove a driver folder from C:/Windows/System32/FileRepository/ and Windows won't let me. I'm the administrator but it requires SYSTEM permission. I've tried to move it, to delete everything inside, to force remove it from PowerShell as administrator, to change...
  6. Log files/folders created by system or third party software

Log files/folders created by system or third party software: How would I log the files/folders my system or third-party app created including the path of those files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/log-filesfolders-created-by-system-or-third-party/bfea00b3-44ea-42a3-a0ee-ed8e970eb53c
  7. Deleting Folder Containing Copy of System Volume Information

Deleting Folder Containing Copy of System Volume Information: How do I delete a folder containing a copy of a System Volume Information folder? I copied a entire volume F: to a folder F_Cakewalk_Projects on another volume H:. H: also contains the local OneDrive folder. I then tried to delete the copy. Everything was deleted except the...
  8. SYSTEM VOLUME INFORMATION folder using big storage

SYSTEM VOLUME INFORMATION folder using big storage: My F: drive SYSTEM VOLUME INFORMATION folder is using 19.5 GB storage. I have already reduced the storage usage for protection to 5.81gb.What should i do? Can i delete this folder?...
  9. In Win10 Pro how do I delete files in the "System Volume Information" folder

In Win10 Pro how do I delete files in the "System Volume Information" folder: In Win10 Pro how do I delete files in the "System Volume Information" folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-win10-pro-how-do-i-delete-files-in-the-system/9e162112-bf93-417d-96ec-070e5249dd4e
  10. My System Folder Show me Double..

My System Folder Show me Double..: Somehow my system folder in a basic folder called: My computer, changed its name. Now I have got two same folders called: Desktop. Before one of them has been named: Documents. If I want to change the content of one of them, both will change. They behave like one folder. In a...