Windows 10: System Folders: Downloads, and Desktop system folders are same name

Discus and support System Folders: Downloads, and Desktop system folders are same name in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I tried moving my Desktop System Folder location to hard drive D:/ 1. On my File Explorer folder, I right clicked on Desktop System Folder on the This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LuisJoson1, Sep 3, 2020.

1. System Folders: Downloads, and Desktop system folders are same name

I tried moving my Desktop System Folder location to hard drive D:/
    1. On my File Explorer folder, I right clicked on Desktop System Folder on the This PC tab
    2. Clicked on Properties
    3. Clicked Location Tab
    4. Set Location to D:/
    5. Applied then pressed okay

Did the same for Downloads system folder.

Realized both folders are now named D:/ but have different icons still
    I didn't know doing that would name both System Folders D:/
    I just wanted to transfer all my data in Desktop and Downloads from C Drive to D Drive in their own separate folder
    because c runs ssd 128gb and d runs hdd 1tb

Now my system folders for Desktop and Downloads are treated as one folder by windows.
    No matter what I do to one folder rename, transfer the actions are done on both folder.
    It seems like the Microsoft Community has no answer for this problem
    except for rebooting which is not an option for me.
    Someone was able to figure out the problem but it's not working for me.

Is there anyway I can delete both system folders and create two new ones?
    or does anyone have an answer for this seemingly re occurring problem among different users

:)

LuisJoson1, Sep 3, 2020

2. Custom Folder view for new folders registery hack ?

Te new folder has default view of LIST

I want DETAILS

When making new system ... it's a pain in ass changing always.

RuskiSnajper, Sep 3, 2020
  3. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Sep 3, 2020
  4. topgundcp Win User

System Folders: Downloads, and Desktop system folders are same name

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Sep 3, 2020
Thema:

System Folders: Downloads, and Desktop system folders are same name

1. System Folders: Downloads, and Desktop system folders are same name - Similar Threads - System Folders Downloads

2. My This PC Download folder is the same and named as Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My This PC Download folder is the same and named as Desktop: It was a few years ago that Downloads and Desktop was its own separate folder, but I don't exactly remember what I did to accidentally sync them. I think I was trying to delete something, but I didn't know how, so I was clicking random things. But anyway, the problem is that...
  3. My This PC Download folder is the same and named as Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My This PC Download folder is the same and named as Desktop: It was a few years ago that Downloads and Desktop was its own separate folder, but I don't exactly remember what I did to accidentally sync them. I think I was trying to delete something, but I didn't know how, so I was clicking random things. But anyway, the problem is that...
  4. My This PC Download folder is the same and named as Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. System Shell Folders downloads/document Have Same Name and Target Folder.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System Shell Folders downloads/document Have Same Name and Target Folder.: Hi, I have same name and target folder for documents and downloads. How can I undo it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-shell-folders-downloadsdocument-have-same/5f6b8a9c-5aa0-41c2-b1b8-d60cd96f8df1
  6. System Shell Folders downloads/document Have Same Name and Target Folder.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Shell Folders downloads/document Have Same Name and Target Folder.: Hi, I have same name and target folder for documents and downloads. How can I undo it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-shell-folders-downloadsdocument-have-same/5f6b8a9c-5aa0-41c2-b1b8-d60cd96f8df1
  7. System Shell Folders downloads/document Have Same Name and Target Folder.

8. System Shell Folders downloads/document Have Same Name and Target Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System Shell Folders downloads/document Have Same Name and Target Folder: hello there, Download and documents folders merged into one. How could I undo this? I thank you for your help.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-shell-folders-downloadsdocument-have-same/e8c9a242-bcf7-4668-9a94-433ae8b384e3
  9. System Shell Folders downloads/document Have Same Name and Target Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Shell Folders downloads/document Have Same Name and Target Folder: hello there, Download and documents folders merged into one. How could I undo this? I thank you for your help.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-shell-folders-downloadsdocument-have-same/e8c9a242-bcf7-4668-9a94-433ae8b384e3
  10. System Shell Folders downloads/document Have Same Name and Target Folder

System Shell Folders downloads/document Have Same Name and Target Folder: hello there, Download and documents folders merged into one. How could I undo this? I thanks you for your help.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-shell-folders-downloadsdocument-have-same/e8c9a242-bcf7-4668-9a94-433ae8b384e3