Windows 10: System folders not working properly

Discus and support System folders not working properly in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm not sure what happened but I was trying to get into my documents folder today and realised some of the folder names were missing on my quick access... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Rohan00, Jul 20, 2019.

1. Rohan00 Win User

System folders not working properly

I'm not sure what happened but I was trying to get into my documents folder today and realised some of the folder names were missing on my quick access tab - the download, pictures and documents. I can't remove these three folders nor can I click on them and access the folder itself. A couple days ago I did download a registry thing to fix a problem I was having with creating new folders, but now I have this problem. I haven't moved the folders I just found this out today.

System folders not working properly 151ff750-9de5-4612-88a2-7bb1b4678bc1?upload=true.png System folders not working properly 30d23057-e6d6-49f7-9e76-f2e94a1a73f9?upload=true.png System folders not working properly 7f3e7d63-3065-4820-8b6e-04dbe5f80a61?upload=true.png

System folders not working properly 8f4984a7-0a02-40f5-a5f0-b02ae2b5d9d6?upload=true.png

:)

Rohan00, Jul 20, 2019
  2. zbook Win User

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Jul 20, 2019
  3. settings window not working properly

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing.
    I will certainly help you with this.
    I suggest you to perform the below given steps and check if it helps:

Method 1: This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly
    follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin)
      to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    Method 2: If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Hope this information helps. Post back with updated issue details for further help.

Nachappa C K, Jul 20, 2019
  4. System folders not working properly

Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Jul 20, 2019
Thema:

System folders not working properly

1. System folders not working properly - Similar Threads - System folders working

2. Desktop folder not working Properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop folder not working Properly: Desktop folder not working ProperlyHello, I have a problem with the desktop folder , I can't open it at all from 'Home' the blue oval and the only way I can open it is through 'Quick access'yellow highlightedNot only that , but whenever I open I get this:These first few...
  3. Desktop folder not working Properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop folder not working Properly: Desktop folder not working ProperlyHello, I have a problem with the desktop folder , I can't open it at all from 'Home' the blue oval and the only way I can open it is through 'Quick access'yellow highlightedNot only that , but whenever I open I get this:These first few...
  4. my system sound is not working properly.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my system sound is not working properly.: my system sound is not working properly. If am watching or attenting clases by audio stops then i restart it will work for few minutes less than 5 minutes. what is the solution for this?...
  5. Sound System not working properly

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sound System not working properly: Sound comes out of computer speakers but when I plug my headphones in there is no sound at all. The headphones do work and I had a recent update that might have caused the problem. I am just unaware of how to fix the problem....
  6. Windows not working properly after system restore.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows not working properly after system restore.: So i updated my driver's last night. But I guess it wasn't fully updated and I shut it down. When I restart my laptop it said "can't sign into account" and I was in a temporary account. I saw a video in which a man system restores his account and I did the same from the safe...
  7. how to reset the proper permissions on the Windows 10 system folders.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how to reset the proper permissions on the Windows 10 system folders.: [ATTACH] Hello to everyone, for disk space needs I have copied the "file and folders" folders on another disk while I was running Linux. When I have logged in Windows 10 again,I have encountered various problems. Infact as soon as Windows starts I don't see all the...
  8. Bluetooth and System Audio not working properly.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth and System Audio not working properly.: Hello, I've been having this issue for weeks now and it continues to be more and more frustrating. Here is the Problem: I connect my Bluetooth speaker a Monster RR3 to me computer and everything is fine until I try to pause and play a video for example, YouTube. I'll...
  9. System locale not working properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System locale not working properly: Hi, I have just updated my Windows to Windows 10 Pro yesterday. Before that, I've changed my system locale to Traditional Chinese Taiwan so that the game I'm playing wouldn't show strange characters. But today, my game is full of strange characters and nothing is possible to...
  10. System Restore not working properly

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore not working properly: Is it just me, or is System Restore in Win10 wonky? I have it turned on for both my C and D partitions. The other day I needed to go back to a restore point from 3 days before. The operation completed without issue, but then I found I wasn't able to reverse it. In Win7...