Windows 10: System Font is bold? [Windows 10 x64 Build 20161]

Discus and support System Font is bold? [Windows 10 x64 Build 20161] in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I dont know how or what caused this. it wasnt like this before. I've already tried resetting and re-installing the windows but it remained the same.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Win10Newb, Jul 20, 2020.

1. Win10Newb Win User

System Font is bold? [Windows 10 x64 Build 20161]

I dont know how or what caused this. it wasnt like this before. I've already tried resetting and re-installing the windows but it remained the same. this is also the same with other applications like IDM and AirExplorer, when i go to settings/options the font is in bold form.
    i've read somewhere that i have to re-install the Tahoma font which i did but still the same.

I tested it in the older version and the font style was normal.

:)

Win10Newb, Jul 20, 2020

2. Windows 10 system fonts disappeared

Hi Daniel,

This issue occurs due to corrupted system files. We suggest that you run
    SFC
    and DISM. You may follow the steps provided by
    ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP)
    on his article. It will check for any system
    file corruptions on your system.

Also, you can restore your default font settings by following the steps below:

• Press Windows + R and type control.exe, and hit
      Enter.

• Click on Appearance and Personalization; then, choose
      Fonts.

• In the left pane, click on Font settings.

• Hit Restore default font settings.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Jul 20, 2020
  3. Bolded Font on Internet Browsers

Hi,

This issue may have been caused by a Windows 10 update that changed your font settings automatically. If you recently updated your operating system, we suggest that you follow these steps to see if the font will go back to normal:

• Type font in the search bar.
    • Select Change Font settings.
    • Click Restore default font settings.

Let us know the status of the issue to assist you further.

Dennis Mop, Jul 20, 2020
  4. System Font is bold? [Windows 10 x64 Build 20161]

fonts

Hi,

For clarification regarding your smooth fonts in Windows, we would like to know if you are referring to the
    Smooth edges of screen fonts option in Windows 10. If yes, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to select it:

• Type-in advanced in the search box, and click View advanced system settings on the list.
    • As the System Properties window shows up, tap Settings in Performance.
    • Select Smooth edges of screen fonts, and hit OK.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Jul 20, 2020
Thema:

System Font is bold? [Windows 10 x64 Build 20161]

1. System Font is bold? [Windows 10 x64 Build 20161] - Similar Threads - System Font bold

2. change font to bold in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    change font to bold in windows 11: How do you change font in Windows 11 to BOLD? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-font-to-bold-in-windows-11/64abff85-725d-4b75-a5f1-4efc22749668
  3. change font to bold in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    change font to bold in windows 11: How do you change font in Windows 11 to BOLD? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-font-to-bold-in-windows-11/64abff85-725d-4b75-a5f1-4efc22749668
  4. Bold font in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bold font in windows 10: Making windows 10 system font bold is not available ;why?It is very essential option Making text bigger or smaller isnot suitable or enough substitute for bold fontPlz get bold font option back...
  5. The bold font too thick after changing the system font.

The bold font too thick after changing the system font.: Hey! I was wondering why after changing the system font style to a custom font using the registry method, the bold variation of the font across my system was *really* thick refer to examples. Even websites like Instagram shows the bold names as really thick even when the...
  6. Balloon Bold Font

Balloon Bold Font: I have used Balloon Bold font in my logo for over 20 years but when Windows 10 took over the industry suddenly it will not display properly in any of my programs word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat, etc. How can I get this font to display properly? In addition to it not displaying...
  7. Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 20161 is fantastic!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 20161 is fantastic!: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Purple-Scientist [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hkzpxa/windows_10_insider_preview_build_20161_is/
  8. Browser font in Italic Bold

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Browser font in Italic Bold: [ATTACH] Hey, I have an issue for a long time and never really found how to solve it. In some website font appear italic bold in a really weird way, I don't know what happens but it's with all browser (and only on the browser) firefox, brave, chrome, edge... I check...
  9. Fonts in English and bold fonts

Fonts in English and bold fonts: I was on the phone 2 hours today with 2 different people from Microsoft Technical Support. When I pulled up, what I thought, were available fonts, I found out they are not available for me to use. But to show me what I can upload from Microsoft. ANY font I want, I have to...
  10. File Explorer Font is Bold

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Font is Bold: When I open File Explorer I find its font is Bold. I must have changed some setting somewhere to cause that. How can I return it to normal. Thank you 77165