Windows 10: System font missing?

Discus and support System font missing? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I recently had to do a cleanup of the font folder due to some corrupt fonts. I am now using Suitcase to run fonts for Adobe programs. I DO NOT want to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by flx100, Nov 9, 2018.

1. flx100 Win User

System font missing?

I recently had to do a cleanup of the font folder due to some corrupt fonts. I am now using Suitcase to run fonts for Adobe programs. I DO NOT want to do a System restore or font restore.

I seem to have messed with the font that creates the check marks, chevrons and other little icons around the Windows 10 UI. Especially in the right-click menus (which i can't screenshot), but also these two places:

System font missing? 19a4b716-30a2-46d4-a70c-161fe4885716?upload=true.jpg

I guess it should be a little microphone next to "Type here to search"?

System font missing? a0e3e4bc-6230-4c96-967a-e3f86af27267?upload=true.jpg

The white rectangle should be the icon for two people.

I downloaded the standard Win 10 system fonts and installed them, but that did not help.

Can someone help me to find out which font creates those icons , and how to fix the registry to make it point to that font?

I believe it's Segoe MDL2, and that font IS installed. So perhaps the registry needs some tweaking.

Please help. Thanks!

:)

flx100, Nov 9, 2018

2. Missing Fonts

Hi Charlotte,

For us to further isolate your concern, please provide us the following information:

• Which fonts are missing?

• Are you using those fonts for Office applications?

• Is the missing font part of Windows or separately purchased for Office?

Regards.

Rachelle Gra, Nov 9, 2018
  3. Missing fonts after upgrade

I just had an automatic upgrade of windows 10 completed and some fonts are missing,

I have read up and tried the steps in the optional font features but the fonts are missing from the list.

The particular language group is the Pan European. The font I am after is Rockwell nova.

Is the any way I can access this as it is crucial to a job I am about to complete.

PeterMcD735, Nov 9, 2018
  4. NeoSOS Win User

System font missing?

Fonts

Hello,

I found these steps in this forum from back in 2010:

Step 1:

I would suggest you to try these steps and check whether it helps in fixing your issue.

Open font settings by clicking on start, click on control panel, and then click on appearance and personalization, under fonts click on change font settings. And select the font size.

Step 2:

If you’re trying to change windows font size then please follow the steps below:

To change Windows fonts

1. Open Appearance Settings by clicking the Start button and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type window color, and then click Change window colors and
    metrics

2. In the Item list, click the part of Windows that you want to change the font for. For example, if you want to change the menu font, click Menu in the list. Then, make any of the following changes:

· In the Font list, click the font that you want to use.

· In the Size list, click the font size that you want.

· In the Color list, click the font color that you want.

3. Repeat these steps for each item that you want to make changes to, and then click OK.

Does that help?

NeoSOS, Nov 9, 2018
Thema:

System font missing?

1. System font missing? - Similar Threads - System font missing

2. Missing Fonts in Windows/Fonts folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing Fonts in Windows/Fonts folder: Hello there,Im looking for help. I've done research on similar problems but I didn't find the solution anyway.I have the font installed and it seems to be installed because when I try to install it again or even missing fonts I got the popup that this font is already...
  3. Missing Fonts in Windows/Fonts folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing Fonts in Windows/Fonts folder: Hello there,Im looking for help. I've done research on similar problems but I didn't find the solution anyway.I have the font installed and it seems to be installed because when I try to install it again or even missing fonts I got the popup that this font is already...
  4. System font

in Windows 10 Customization
    System font: How do I change the background w10 font that shows up when W10 first opens on my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-font/d8d1a0a1-a404-4589-80be-29ad9b7e4ea9
  5. missing fonts

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    missing fonts: I have lost a large volume of fonts following a recent upgrade. What is the easiest way to restore previous fonts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-fonts/f3d5e73f-7163-46c5-a321-631d81bc9912
  6. missing font

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    missing font: Fonts have disappeared. I surprise because I did not install any software or update. Just when I was running word program, I received not responding. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-font/e815ae83-f392-4ae8-8de4-6caae2cfc256
  7. Missing Windows Fonts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing Windows Fonts: I install up to 2000 different font files for Windows to use in Corel Draw 2019 Upon rebooting the PC they all disappear. This is happening on two brand new Dell Optiplex 7070 Desktop Mini PCs I have tried every known solution !!!...
  8. Missing fonts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing fonts: Hi, Not sure if I am in the right section. For some reason, MS Sans Serif and Small fonts are missing from my system. I have had to reset ? my computer because of issues with Update 1903 that weren't fixed by 1909. Don't understand why these fonts are missing. Trying to...
  9. Missing Font

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing Font: I'm looking for some help. I had to reset Windows 10 64 bit due to having to sort out an SQL problem with software I was using. I have just now found that a particular font (Lucida Handwriting) I use is no longer there, I'm not sure about other fonts that could be missing...
  10. Missing Fonts

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Missing Fonts: Hi all. I've been using MS Office, WPS Writer and LibreOffice. I installed about a dozen new Fonts last month to the Computer. I need something typed for my Wife and started using MS Word. I noticed the Fonts I installed are not showing in the drop down box. But they are...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. system font gone