Windows 10: System font on new computer displays ASCII characters

Discus and support System font on new computer displays ASCII characters in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; New computer displays ASCII symbols for special characters. For example, in the lower right corner the time reads 729AM and in File Explorer a file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jjstephens75, Dec 3, 2018.

1. System font on new computer displays ASCII characters

New computer displays ASCII symbols for special characters. For example, in the lower right corner the time reads 729AM and in File Explorer a file name that should be VCMC T&O.docx reads VCMC T^0O.docx.

I tried changing the system font but that did not help so I changed back to the default. I searched this and a couple other forums and did a generic google search but didn't come up with anything.

Any help you can offer will be much appreciated.

:)

jjstephens75, Dec 3, 2018

2. Extended ASCII characters from USB-serial interfaced equipment not displaying correctly.

Hi,

Extended ASCII characters are very useful for typing special symbols or characters. For better assistance, we would like to clarify the following:

• Have you tried using the extended ASCII characters on an application such as notepad, Word, etc.? If yes, does it work on the said applications?
    • Are there any error messages displayed when using the extended ASCII characters on your external serial device?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Gerard Qui, Dec 3, 2018
  3. How can I enter a square box as an ASCII character?

There is a series of box-drawing ASCII characters, such as 179/180, 187/188. Do a search for an ASCII character list, which will show you all of the relevant numbers.

Not Myself, Dec 3, 2018
  4. jerbil Win User

System font on new computer displays ASCII characters

Why is font not displayed in Character Map

Recently upgraded to Win 10. Since then, added new font, Helvetica Neue. It shows in File Explorer, it shows in apps generally (see image) but it doesn't show in Character Map. Why not?

System font on new computer displays ASCII characters [​IMG]

jerbil, Dec 3, 2018
Thema:

System font on new computer displays ASCII characters

1. System font on new computer displays ASCII characters - Similar Threads - System font computer

2. Notepad won't accept ASCII characters when typed in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notepad won't accept ASCII characters when typed in: Hello everybody: whenever I try to enter an ASCII character when typing in Notepad, the character simply won't appear, for example, if I type "Alt+165" in order to place a "Ñ", or if I type "Alt+130" in order to place an "é", those characters won't appear in the text and...
  3. Can't enter multiple Ascii characters in Notepad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't enter multiple Ascii characters in Notepad: Lenovo Legion laptopWindows 11English language settingsSwedish keyboard settingsNow, the issue is that whenever I open a new .txt file in notepad I can enter a total of 1 Ascii character using the left-alt + numpad method. Attempting to enter a second character using the same...
  4. Can't enter multiple Ascii characters in Notepad

Can't enter multiple Ascii characters in Notepad: Lenovo Legion laptopWindows 11English language settingsSwedish keyboard settingsNow, the issue is that whenever I open a new .txt file in notepad I can enter a total of 1 Ascii character using the left-alt + numpad method. Attempting to enter a second character using the same...
  5. ASCII codes in Character Map

in Windows 10 Customization
    ASCII codes in Character Map: Hello, I am looking for a way to show the ASCII codes of all characters that have one in the Character Map in Windows 10 Pro as used to be the case in older versions, in such a way that when I wish to insert a special character in another application I can easily check what...
  6. Print characters from ASCII code in CLI

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Print characters from ASCII code in CLI: From the command line, is there a way to ECHO a character based on an ASCII code? And vice versa, display the numerical ASCII code of a character? submitted by /u/the-guz [link] [comments]...
  7. ASCII code needed for this character: ϖ

in Windows 10 Customization
    ASCII code needed for this character: ϖ: TWiMC: I am desperately looking for the ascii code to produce the following text character » ϖ MANY THANKS for your help!! __ Nikki Grace Holmes https:// reaganator . com Zero relation to California's ex-governor....
  8. Weird ASCII characters in NTDVM Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Weird ASCII characters in NTDVM Windows 10: In anticipation of the withdrawal of support for Windows 7 in January I am starting to transition my company’s computers to Windows 10. We have used Win 7 32 bit in order to use a long standing custom DOS application. It has run in NTVDM faultlessly with the advantage that...
  9. System font on new computer displays weird characters

in Windows 10 Support
    System font on new computer displays weird characters: New computer displays symbols for special characters. For example, in the lower right corner the time reads 729AM and in File Explorer a file name that should be VCMC T&O.docx reads VCMC T^0O.docx. I tried changing the system font but that did not help so I changed back to...
  10. Why is font not displayed in Character Map

Why is font not displayed in Character Map: Recently upgraded to Win 10. Since then, added new font, Helvetica Neue. It shows in File Explorer, it shows in apps generally (see image) but it doesn't show in Character Map. Why not? [img] 23862