Windows 10: System font on new computer displays ASCII characters

Discus and support System font on new computer displays ASCII characters in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; New computer displays ASCII symbols for special characters. For example, in the lower right corner the time reads 729AM and in File Explorer a file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jjstephens75, Dec 3, 2018.

1. System font on new computer displays ASCII characters

New computer displays ASCII symbols for special characters. For example, in the lower right corner the time reads 729AM and in File Explorer a file name that should be VCMC T&O.docx reads VCMC T^0O.docx.

I tried changing the system font but that did not help so I changed back to the default. I searched this and a couple other forums and did a generic google search but didn't come up with anything.

Any help you can offer will be much appreciated.

:)

jjstephens75, Dec 3, 2018

2. Extended ASCII characters from USB-serial interfaced equipment not displaying correctly.

Hi,

Extended ASCII characters are very useful for typing special symbols or characters. For better assistance, we would like to clarify the following:

• Have you tried using the extended ASCII characters on an application such as notepad, Word, etc.? If yes, does it work on the said applications?
    • Are there any error messages displayed when using the extended ASCII characters on your external serial device?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Gerard Qui, Dec 3, 2018
  3. How can I enter a square box as an ASCII character?

There is a series of box-drawing ASCII characters, such as 179/180, 187/188. Do a search for an ASCII character list, which will show you all of the relevant numbers.

Not Myself, Dec 3, 2018
  4. jerbil Win User

System font on new computer displays ASCII characters

Why is font not displayed in Character Map

Recently upgraded to Win 10. Since then, added new font, Helvetica Neue. It shows in File Explorer, it shows in apps generally (see image) but it doesn't show in Character Map. Why not?

System font on new computer displays ASCII characters [​IMG]

jerbil, Dec 3, 2018
Thema:

System font on new computer displays ASCII characters

1. System font on new computer displays ASCII characters - Similar Threads - System font computer

2. System font on new computer displays weird characters

in Windows 10 Support
    System font on new computer displays weird characters: New computer displays symbols for special characters. For example, in the lower right corner the time reads 729AM and in File Explorer a file name that should be VCMC T&O.docx reads VCMC T^0O.docx. I tried changing the system font but that did not help so I changed back to...
  3. Ascii file in Notepad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ascii file in Notepad: I created an ascii file. It was automatically saved to Notepad. The file does not show any underscoring in the document. But the original document has underscoring. Please help....
  4. Display Font

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display Font: So, I have a very cool set up/theme on my computer, or at least I think its very cool! Ya know, as girly as possible yet not over done with pink glitter or any crap like that, just feminine I guess (lol). So I'm looking to change the DISPLAY font to go along with this theme I...
  5. Chinese characters not displaying correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chinese characters not displaying correctly: We just got a new computer with a fresh Windows 10 installed. When trying to install games from Chinese suppliers, we get the following image: [ATTACH] At first I thought it was a unicode issue but that doesn't seem to be it. Most searches bring me to this link:...
  6. Chinese characters not displaying correctly

Chinese characters not displaying correctly: We just got a new computer with a fresh Windows 10 installed. When trying to install games from Chinese suppliers, we get the following image: [ATTACH] At first I thought it was a unicode issue but that doesn't seem to be it. Most searches bring me to this link:...
  7. I want larger font on all displays on my new computer

I want larger font on all displays on my new computer: How do I set larger font size for all displays on my computer?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start/i-want-larger-font-on-all-displays-on-my-new/90940dec-c89c-4d94-88d9-7c0bb181f552
  8. The display of the system environment path seems to be limited to about 260 characters in...

The display of the system environment path seems to be limited to about 260 characters in...: I wanted to add java bin paths to the Path variable. I used the Environment Variables edit window to add the first path. Clicked on OK. Then checked it by using the lower corner window tab to increase the width of the Environment Variables edit window. It showed that the...
  9. Why is font not displayed in Character Map

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is font not displayed in Character Map: Recently upgraded to Win 10. Since then, added new font, Helvetica Neue. It shows in File Explorer, it shows in apps generally (see image) but it doesn't show in Character Map. Why not? [img] 23862
  10. How can I enter a square box as an ASCII character?

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I enter a square box as an ASCII character?: Hello Is there any way to enter an ASCII character that shows up as a white square box? Background: In my hand-written pand & paper notes, I have various conventions for using different types of bullets in the margin. And if I draw a white square box in the margin, this...