Windows 10: System Freezes ~10 Seconds At A Time Frequently Past Few Days

Discus and support System Freezes ~10 Seconds At A Time Frequently Past Few Days in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello WinTen Team! Thank you for all that you do for us. I have read the BSOD posting instructions and my System Specs are current. I am finding that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by pwscott, Sep 26, 2019.

1. pwscott Win User

System Freezes ~10 Seconds At A Time Frequently Past Few Days

Hello WinTen Team! Thank you for all that you do for us.

I have read the BSOD posting instructions and my System Specs are current.

I am finding that every few minutes and sometimes more my Win10 system is freezing completely. Seems it's about 10 seconds, sometimes more. Any playing video stops, mouse is unresponsive. Have kept an eye on Task Manager and performance tab but I don;t see the cause. I have cleared cache in Chrome, run CCleaner, Full scan with Malwarebytes paid and with Norton. Also have updated NVIDIA card to latest release driver. No Windows updates pending.
    I know I have a lot of things running, especially uploaders for my cloud data (in particular Stablebit CludDrive) but it's been fine for long time, not sure what changed.

Log collector V2 Logs attached along with (4) files the uploader seemed to create.

Thanks for any guidance!!
    Phil
    :)

pwscott, Sep 26, 2019
  2. InhexSTER Win User

PowerDVD 9 freezes on startup for 10 seconds

My problem is that my PowerDVD 9 freezes whole system for 5-10 seconds while starting. It happens on my HD monitor Samsung 240HD. But when I connect 40 inch 720p tv it works great. Please, can u suggest what the problem or give some link to fix.

InhexSTER, Sep 26, 2019
  3. axe0 Win User
    Random system freezes for weeks

Alright, time for an update.
    My lead was the RAM, after some time of trying it looked like the RAM may be the cause. Can't remember exactly why/how I came to it unfortunately.

After some time the frequency of freezes seemed to increase again to a frequency of 1 per day, this situation looked for me like a perfect opportunity to use driver verifier again with a different setup as it won't take much longer than 2-3 days of testing with driver verifier.

So with that in mind I enabled all standard options + power framework delay fuzzing & DDI compliance checking in driver verifier choosing all drivers of the list that are above the Microsoft drivers. Doing so makes it easier to document everything properly making it more clear what I've done, what the result is and what a possible next step could be.

After a few days with this configuration no single freeze had occured, enough proof for me to go to the next step which is using the same settings on all drivers in the list that are beneath the Microsoft drivers. I'm currently in that setup of driver verifier running my system.

A next step with driver verifier will be to enable the other additional options, only 2-3 at a time to not rush it, checking all drivers above the Microsoft onces.

I'm running driver verifier 72h to 96h (3-4 days) each time for those who'd like to know.

These are the possibilities I have in mind with driver verifier:
    - If it is a hardware issue then driver verifier should be able to crash my system without pointing to any driver or pointing at too many drivers.
    - If it is a driver issue then driver verifier should be able to crash my system for a maximum of a few times if I have some bad luck with getting back in Windows.
    - If driver verifier is unable to crash my system then the next step is to see if any program may be causing issues by uninstalling one-by-one per few days, with my amount of programs it should only take a few more months to complete this troubleshooting process but with a 100% certainty. That is assuming that Microsoft doesn't workout a patch for issues that unexpectly fixes my issue too.

4. Cliff S Win User

Random system freezes for weeks

I know you probably have no other choice than do this, but... You are definitely a verrrrry patient man, to go to this extant in troubleshootingSystem Freezes ~10 Seconds At A Time Frequently Past Few Days :)

Cliff S, Sep 26, 2019
Thema:

1. System Freezes ~10 Seconds At A Time Frequently Past Few Days - Similar Threads - System Freezes ~10

2. For the past few days, my system has been running into "OUT OF RAM" errors frequently, even...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    For the past few days, my system has been running into "OUT OF RAM" errors frequently, even...: Recently my laptop Asus ROG Strix G15 has been running into "OUT OF RAM" errors frequently. My usage of apps has not changed at all. This error appears after the system has been running for a while after light or heavy usage. The error seems to be resolved temporarily by...
  3. For the past few days, my system has been running into "OUT OF RAM" errors frequently, even...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    For the past few days, my system has been running into "OUT OF RAM" errors frequently, even...: Recently my laptop Asus ROG Strix G15 has been running into "OUT OF RAM" errors frequently. My usage of apps has not changed at all. This error appears after the system has been running for a while after light or heavy usage. The error seems to be resolved temporarily by...
  4. PC has crashed multiple times in the past few days

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC has crashed multiple times in the past few days: I haven't noticed any patterns, with the crashes but the last two times I didn't even get a blue screen, it just went black and then rebooted. Before the last crash my discord kept restarting and the download for a game on steam kept stopping, though I'm not sure if those are...
  5. PC has crashed multiple times in the past few days

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC has crashed multiple times in the past few days: I haven't noticed any patterns, with the crashes but the last two times I didn't even get a blue screen, it just went black and then rebooted. Before the last crash my discord kept restarting and the download for a game on steam kept stopping, though I'm not sure if those are...
  6. PC has crashed multiple times in the past few days

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. PC randomly freezes for a few seconds at a time

PC randomly freezes for a few seconds at a time: Hi there, my pc freezes a lot and it repeats the audio that was last playing no matter what im doing, it sounds like glitching. I found another thread on this but it was very complicated so if someone could please explain how to do this in simpler words! thank you!...
  8. Frequent BSOD for the past two days.

Frequent BSOD for the past two days.: Here's my pc setup: EVGA GTX 1060 3gb vengeance 3000mhz 8x2 gb DDR4 ram 250gb SSD(Boot drive) + 1 TB HDD Ryzen 1500x GA-AX370m Till 2 days ago my new pc was running just fine, it had had two bsod's in the past but they got fixed pretty quickly. All of a sudden the bsod...
  9. Random BSOD for the past few days

Random BSOD for the past few days: For the past few days I been experiencing BOSD playing games and one time just watching youtube video. I did memtest86 the results were fine. This morning I did the driver verifier and got a BOSD right at windows logo screen. I attach the minidump files dated back from...
  10. BSOD became very frequent over the past few days.

BSOD became very frequent over the past few days.: Hey guys, i've had troubles with this computer everyday since i've had it (almost 4 years). It BSOD everyday since i've had it with some times breaks in between or some being multiple times per day. Its finally gotten to the point where its only having 2 different types of...