Windows 10: System freezes except mouse

Discus and support System freezes except mouse in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Got a new PC recently. I'm having a problem where it frequently freezes up, but i can still move my cursor around. I usually use the restart button on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Disappear-1214, May 12, 2020.

1. System freezes except mouse

Got a new PC recently. I'm having a problem where it frequently freezes up, but i can still move my cursor around. I usually use the restart button on the front of my case because I can't open up the start menu.

The most recent instant of this happening however, every time I moved the cursor I heard a beeping noise from my headset. The cursor was also moving so slow that you could count each movement it took, and for every inch it moved there was a beep.

Not sure what's going on but all I know is that chrome has been opened every time it happened so i'm using a different browser for now. Any help?

submitted by /u/Disappear-1214
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Disappear-1214, May 12, 2020

2. Computer and mouse freeze

Hi

There are several reasons that could have cause your keyboard and mouse to freeze. To know more about the issue, we will ask some questions to help us:

• Were there recent changes made before the issue occurred?
    • What are the steps that you've done so far to know where the issue is coming from?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you refer to this article:
    Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows
    for us to check all setting needed to help us in resolving your issue.

Let us know about the update.

Kristine Som, May 12, 2020
  3. Mouse Freezing need help pls.

Hi Ephraim,

User profile corruption can cause issues with certain devices, including your optical mouse, in
    Windows 10. To better assist you, we need the answers to the following questions:

• Aside from changing USB ports, did you use a different mouse to see if the same issue will occur while playing games?
    • Have you tried checking the manufacturer's website for updated mouse drivers for
      Windows 10?

In the meantime, we suggest creating a new user on your computer to see if your mouse still freezes while using a different local account. To do this, simply follow the steps in this

article

Regards.

Jefferson Ore, May 12, 2020
  4. David Haz Win User

System freezes except mouse

Mouse freezing

We appreciate the information provided, Kerby. Since the issue is intermittent, there might be software conflicts that occur after logging in to your computer. Kindly perform a clean boot to check if there are software conflicts that cause your mouse to
    freeze. A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This would help eliminate software conflicts that take place in the system. Here's how to perform a clean boot in Windows 10:

Notes:

• You must be logged in as an administrator to be able to perform a clean boot.
    • Your computer may temporarily lose some functionality when performing a clean boot. If you start the computer normally, the functionality returns, but the issue may still occur.
    • From Start, kindly search for msconfig, then select System Configuration from the search results.
    • On the Services tab of the System Configuration dialog box, click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box, and then click Disable all.
    • On the Startup tab of the System Configuration dialog box, click Open Task Manager.
    • On the Startup tab in Task Manager, for each startup item, select the item and then click Disable.
    • Close Task Manager.
    • On the Startup tab of the System Configuration dialog box, click OK, and then restart the computer.

After the computer restarts to a clean boot environment, kindly observe if the issue is still present. If the problem is not observed while in a clean boot environment, there might be an application or service that is your mouse to freeze. Here's how to
    determine what is causing the problem while in a clean boot environment:

• Log on to the computer by using an account that has administrator rights.
    • From Start, kindly search for msconfig.
    • Select msconfig or System Configuration from the search results.
    • Click the Services tab, and then click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box.
    • Click to select the upper half of the check boxes in the Service
      list.
    • Click OK, and then click Restart.
    • After the computer finishes restarting, determine whether the problem still occurs.
      • If the problem still occurs, repeat steps 1 through
        6, but clear the lower half of the check boxes in the Service list that you originally selected.
      • If the problem does not occur, repeat steps
        through 6, and select only the upper half of the remaining check boxes that are cleared in the Service list. Repeat these steps until you have selected all the check boxes.
      • If you still experience the problem when only one service is selected in the Service list, this means that the selected service causes the problem, and you should go to step
        11. If no service causes the problem, go to step 8.
    • Repeat steps 1 and 3 in this section.
    • Click the Startup tab, and then click to select the upper half of the check boxes in the Startup Item list.
    10. Click OK, and then click Restart.

• If the problem still occurs, repeat steps 8 and
      9, but clear the lower half of the checked boxes in the Startup Item list that you originally selected.
    • If the problem does not occur, repeat steps
      and 9, and select only the upper half of the remaining check boxes that are cleared in the Startup Item list. Repeat these steps until you have selected all the check boxes.
    • If you still experience the problem after only one
      Startup Item
      is selected in the Startup Item list, this means that the selected
      Startup Item causes the problem, and you should go to step
      . If no Startup Item causes this problem, a Microsoft service probably causes the problem. To determine which Microsoft service may be causing the problem, repeat steps
      1 through 7 without selecting the Hide all Microsoft services
      check box in each step.
    11. After you determine the startup item or the service that causes the problem, contact the program manufacturer to determine whether the problem
    can be resolved. Or, run the System Configuration utility, and then click to clear the check box for the problem item.

If you need further assistance, feel free to ask us.

If you think this was useful, you may "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

David Haz, May 12, 2020
Thema:

System freezes except mouse

1. System freezes except mouse - Similar Threads - System freezes except

2. System service exception and system thread exception not handled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System service exception and system thread exception not handled: Dear,i keep on having BSOD's for the above mentioned reason. I received this PC upon starting my new job so i really don't know what the history of the device is and nobody can really tell. I have these BSOD's at least 3 times a day at very random moments.PC details:processor...
  3. System service exception and system thread exception not handled

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System service exception and system thread exception not handled: Dear,i keep on having BSOD's for the above mentioned reason. I received this PC upon starting my new job so i really don't know what the history of the device is and nobody can really tell. I have these BSOD's at least 3 times a day at very random moments.PC details:processor...
  4. System service exception and system thread exception not handled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Mouse exceptionally slow

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse exceptionally slow: Win10 Pro 1909 18363.1440 no further updates currently available to me. HID-Compliant Mouse My mouse movement is exceptionally slow. When I first got this computer a few months back, I had a hard time settling on a mouse, finally decided to stick with a good old fashioned...
  6. Mouse exceptionally slow

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse exceptionally slow: Win10 Pro 1909 18363.1440 no further updates currently available to me. HID-Compliant Mouse My mouse movement is exceptionally slow. When I first got this computer a few months back, I had a hard time settling on a mouse, finally decided to stick with a good old fashioned...
  7. Mouse freeze

Mouse freeze: Each time I restart Win 10 it reloads a mouse driver for a mouse that is not installed and that causes the one mouse I do have to freeze occasionally. The mouse I do use is installed on a USB port and the errant mouse loads into Position 1, whatever that means. I have...
  8. Windows 10 System Error - System Service Exception/Freezing/Crash

Windows 10 System Error - System Service Exception/Freezing/Crash: Windows 10 System Error - System Service Exception/Freezing/Crash Good Afternoon All, I wonder if anyone can please help me with my PC... Today I had another blue windows error screen with stop code: System Service Exception. Minidump:...
  9. Windows Error - System Service Exception/Freezing

Windows Error - System Service Exception/Freezing: Good Evening, I wonder if anyone can help me with my PC... Today I had a blue windows error screen with stop code: System Service Exception. My Basic System Info: [ATTACH] Also for the last few months I have had my PC 1-3 times a week simply freeze when using it...the...
  10. mouse freezing

mouse freezing: Why is my mouse freezing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/mouse-freezing/771686c4-97e8-4ee9-a476-80590aef1c64