Windows 10: System freezes installing Win 10 64bit - 32bit instals fine

Discus and support System freezes installing Win 10 64bit - 32bit instals fine in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a problem installing a 64-bit Win 10 on a computer that currently runs Win 10 32-bit. The Win loader does not start. The hardware seems to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Adam0009988, Sep 30, 2018.

1. System freezes installing Win 10 64bit - 32bit instals fine

I have a problem installing a 64-bit Win 10 on a computer that currently runs Win 10 32-bit. The Win loader does not start.

The hardware seems to be compabible:

Athlon X3 445 processor

Gigabyte GA-M68M-S2P (rev. 1.0) mobo with F1 BIOS (original)

4GB DDR2 RAM

60GB free space on SSD

I have created a bootable USB drive with Win 10 64-bit using the MS creation tool. It works on my other computers without problems.

Whenever I try to run it on the machine I'm trying to update, it gets past the POST screen, and then freezes on the very first Win screen (blue win 10 logo on a black background). There should be that 'wheel' turning below it, but it never appears.

When I insert another USB drive, with Win 32-bit, it works just fine.

I have tried two different USB drives - SanDisk and Toshiba.

I'm guessing this must be some BIOS settings problem that prevent 64-bit OS from installing ? I have loaded the default optimized settings already.

:)

Adam0009988, Sep 30, 2018

2. Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit crashing on installation

So i have Windows 7 Professional 32bit installed and I wanted windows 7 Ultimate 64bit. It boots from the disk just fine, its just after you press the first button (i thing its callled install now or something) after a few seconds, it bluescreens and i have to restart. System specs are listed and i know my processoror is 64bit, any ideas?

sonnytiger, Sep 30, 2018
  3. Koo_Chan Win User
    Win 7 32bit oem Home premium to Win 10 64bit Home

Hi,

I have win 7 32bit oem Home premium that comes with my PC without the installation disk (only key available).

I would like to switch to 64bit especially when windows 10 is available since my system is totally compatible with 64 bit. One way I hoping to do this is to upgrade my 32bit win 7 to 32bit win 10 and then doing a clean install to upgrade to 64bit win 10.

Will I still get to activate the 64bit win 10 for free if I do it this way?

Koo_Chan, Sep 30, 2018
  4. T_Trader Win User

System freezes installing Win 10 64bit - 32bit instals fine

32bit or 64bit compatible

I currently use an 8.1 operating system which is 32bit, the laptop has a 64bit processor, if I choose just to upgrade to windows 10 from 8.1 can I upgrade to 64bit Win 10 (from the 32bit 8.1) or would it have to be to 32bit win 10. I Assume if I do a
    clean install I can do it to 64 bit windows 10?

T_Trader, Sep 30, 2018
Thema:

System freezes installing Win 10 64bit - 32bit instals fine

1. System freezes installing Win 10 64bit - 32bit instals fine - Similar Threads - System freezes installing

2. 32Bit Win 7 to 64Bit Win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    32Bit Win 7 to 64Bit Win 10: So i tried to install win 10 64 bit on 32 bit win 7. Before i boot everything i installed WinToHDD and i already reinstalled it. Everything seems be fine but then they stuck at Win Logo with Spinning Wheel in it and it BOOTLOOPED. So i tried enter bios and boot menu...
  3. 32Bit Win 7 to 64Bit Win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    32Bit Win 7 to 64Bit Win 10: So i tried to install win 10 64 bit on 32 bit win 7. Before i boot everything i installed WinToHDD and i already reinstalled it. Everything seems be fine but then they stuck at Win Logo with Spinning Wheel in it. So i tried enter bios and boot menu everything seems fine...
  4. 32Bit Win 7 to 64Bit Win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    32Bit Win 7 to 64Bit Win 10: So i tried to install win 10 64 bit on 32 bit win 7. Before i boot everything i installed WinToHDD and i already reinstalled it. Everything seems be fine but then they stuck at Win Logo with Spinning Wheel in it. So i tried enter bios and boot menu everything seems fine...
  5. Installation of 32bit on 64bit OS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installation of 32bit on 64bit OS: Hi. Would like to inquire if I will download a 32bit on my 64bit laptop will my files and data be erased? I am trying to connect a vinyl cutter machine with my current 64bit laptop but it notifies my that USB cable cannot be recognized. Upon checking the machine is compatible...
  6. Installation of 32bit on 64bit OS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installation of 32bit on 64bit OS: Hi. Would like to inquire if I will download a 32bit on my 64bit laptop will my files and data be erased? I am trying to connect a vinyl cutter machine with my current 64bit laptop but it notifies my that USB cable cannot be recognized. Upon checking the machine is compatible...
  7. Firefox 32bit installs by default on 64bit system. Why?

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox 32bit installs by default on 64bit system. Why?: So I was helping my nephew with a new netbook setup. It's running Windows 10 version 1909 64bit. The specs are quite low, so I'm guessing that's why this is happening, but I download the Firefox installer from Mozilla's main page, and it is installing the 32bit version. I'm...
  8. Window 10 32bit to 64bit installation

Window 10 32bit to 64bit installation: Can I run and install media creation tool for window 10 in the same pc where I downloaded it and want to install the latest window10 version in same pc???...
  9. "downgrade" 64bit win 10 to 32bit

"downgrade" 64bit win 10 to 32bit: I have win 10 home 64bit installed and activation successful. Installed by windows update. before this, on my laptop installed win 7 home premium 64 bit. What can I do if I want to change win 10 64 bit to win 10 32bit ? I only have cd original win 7home premium. My RAM...
  10. Win 10 install works for 32bit but crashes for 64bit

Win 10 install works for 32bit but crashes for 64bit: Hi I am doing a clean install on a new PC build. I have windows 10 on USB that I purchased with the computer components. When I try to install the 64 bit version, the first time it starts loading files then goes the screen goes black and resets. The second time, it starts...