Windows 10: System Freezes then no GPU signal.

Discus and support System Freezes then no GPU signal. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Currently running version 1903 (OS Build 18329.1) with a Ryzen 5 2400G and RX 560. The iGPU is disabled. I've got AMD Radeon driver 19.10.00.12... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NoVa x ChAoZz, Feb 3, 2019.

1. System Freezes then no GPU signal.

Currently running version 1903 (OS Build 18329.1) with a Ryzen 5 2400G and RX 560. The iGPU is disabled.

I've got AMD Radeon driver 19.10.00.12 installed and the system will just freeze up and not work. The HDD activity light will go solid then I'll loose signal from the GPU. Only way back into the system is to use the reset button on the case/board.

I can provide logs etc if shown where to get them from etc.

Thanks.

:)

NoVa x ChAoZz, Feb 3, 2019
  2. Deepsy Win User

GPU no signal output, installing driver (on integrated card) causes system freeze

I recently decided to build a budget PC, I bought the following parts:

I've plugged the PSU->GPU power and both green led over the plugs are green, so I suppose the power is ok. I also tried moving the GPU between the 2 PCIE's. Tried resetting BIOS, different versions of drivers, no effect.

Here is what I got so far:

• Without GPU plugged in, everything works as expected.
    • With GPU plugged in, but the HDMI connected to the integrated card (and forced through BIOS), the system boot, but when I try to install the driver, everything freezes
      • With GPU plugged in and HDMI in GPU, I get no signal from the monitor (all fans work)
      • Device manager (in windows 10) was detecting the card as "microsoft basic video driver", tried to manually force auto drive update, but didn't find the proper drivers.

What might be causing the problem? Is my GPU faulty?

Deepsy, Feb 3, 2019
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Feb 3, 2019
  4. Naki Win User

System Freezes then no GPU signal.

GPU-Z 0.7.8 / 0.7.9 / 0.8.0 Bios reading not possible GTX670-solved with gpu-z 0.8.1

@Maban - does GPU-Z fail the same way for you the way it does for me? I.e. total system freeze/lockup, requiring a hard reset?

@W1zzard - I will try the suggested steps later today, as I am not near that PC at the moment.

Naki, Feb 3, 2019
Thema:

System Freezes then no GPU signal.

1. System Freezes then no GPU signal. - Similar Threads - System Freezes GPU

2. Monitors lose signal with dedicated GPU but fine with iGPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Monitors lose signal with dedicated GPU but fine with iGPU: Hello! Several months ago I started losing signal on my two monitors intermittently, requiring me to hold the power button until the system went off. When I powered it back on they would work fine. It was usually weeks between having to do this so I didn't think much of it,...
  3. Monitors lose signal with dedicated GPU but fine with iGPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitors lose signal with dedicated GPU but fine with iGPU: Hello! Several months ago I started losing signal on my two monitors intermittently, requiring me to hold the power button until the system went off. When I powered it back on they would work fine. It was usually weeks between having to do this so I didn't think much of it,...
  4. Monitors lose signal with dedicated GPU but fine with iGPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 11 dual GPURX580 , secondary GPU - no signal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 dual GPURX580 , secondary GPU - no signal: Hi, I have two RX580 installed, worked like a charm in Win10 with no patches. I've just upgraded from Win10 to Win11, monitors connected to the secondary GPU do not work.I've tried to run SFC, reinstall drivers, reconnect monitors, change graphic settings - nothing works. At...
  6. Windows 11 dual GPURX580 , secondary GPU - no signal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 dual GPURX580 , secondary GPU - no signal: Hi, I have two RX580 installed, worked like a charm in Win10 with no patches. I've just upgraded from Win10 to Win11, monitors connected to the secondary GPU do not work.I've tried to run SFC, reinstall drivers, reconnect monitors, change graphic settings - nothing works. At...
  7. GPU (1660ti) No signal

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    GPU (1660ti) No signal: Good evening, (Windows 10 Pro Version 1909) I have run into a weird issue with my GPU. Several days ago, my computer froze during idle. I did a hard reset and got a "no signal" message on my monitor. I switched to onboard graphics and those work fine. After a bit of...
  8. Freezing . System Restore . New GPU Driver . Still Freezing a bi. Help

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Freezing . System Restore . New GPU Driver . Still Freezing a bi. Help: First , let me say that my MB, CPU and Memory are all new and i have windows 10 home 64 bit Ver. 1903. After a few days of using my upgraded PC and learning how to use windows10, i started having issues. For a few days in a row, as my pc wakes from sleep mode, there would be...
  9. New GPU - No signal to monitor.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New GPU - No signal to monitor.: So a few weeks ago my GTX 550 Ti got faulty and wont do anything intensive so I decided to buy an RX 560 on eBay, the seller says he tested it and it worked for him. So I deleted the GTX drivers, shut computer down, put RX 560 in and started the computer up...nothing. The...
  10. System Not Booting With Gpu

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    System Not Booting With Gpu: I'm building a new system and I was able to intall windows but I had to use the DVI connection on the mb (older mb). Whenever I plug in my gtx 1050 and boot it just shows a splash screen and beeps. I tried disabling onboard graphics and setting primary display to PEG then...