Windows 10: System Freezes While Under Load

Discus and support System Freezes While Under Load in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; (This isn't a BSOD situation, but I can't find a forum section for system freezes) I have an i7-5820K overclocked to 4.2GHz as well as two GTX 980s... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CaptainMurica, Jan 18, 2016.

1. System Freezes While Under Load

(This isn't a BSOD situation, but I can't find a forum section for system freezes)

I have an i7-5820K overclocked to 4.2GHz as well as two GTX 980s in SLI. Occasionally while gaming, the system will lock up and will not respond until I shut down the computer either by turning off the power supply or holding the power button. I asked around about this issue, and some suggested that I turn up the CPU voltage. My overclock was stable throughout an IntelBurnTest session, but I decided I'd give it a try anyway. I started at 1.15v and every time the computer froze I restarted it and turned the voltage up a little. I'm now at 1.19v.

Is this a CPU voltage issue? I know there is not a lot of information to work with, but I'm not sure what other information to give. No components get too hot (CPU doesn't really go over 75°C when under extreme load and GPUs top out at the hard-coded max safe temp of 80°C), so I wouldn't think overheating is an issue. This issue also occurred when I only had one 980.

If the system locks up again, I'll turn off the overclock and see what happens. If it still locks up, I'll move some GPUs around.

:)

CaptainMurica, Jan 18, 2016
  2. Darin_443 Win User

Computer Freezes on Start-up

My computer freezes on start-up and will not open. All this occurred after doing an update to the Windows 10 OS. The computer freezes while it is updating. If I restart the computer with the power button, it will again freeze while doing the update. I'm
    stuck in a loop where I am unable to get into the operating system at all. The only place on the computer that I have access to is the Bios Setup Utility. From there, I have loaded the "Load Default Settings" and "Save & Exit Setup", but again the computer
    freezes while it is doing the update. The screen reads "Getting Windows ready Don't turn off your computer".

Darin_443, Jan 18, 2016
  3. XBOX One - Rise of the Tomb Raider (Downloaded)

My saved game won't open. While loading it freezes and crashes. Tried rebooting the system, but nothing works. Is this happening to others? Fixes? I'm pissed because I'm several hours into the game.

JEFFBANKERT, Jan 18, 2016
  4. System Freezes While Under Load

Hello Captain,

please if you need us to help you, you'll need to help us by doing this tutorial:
    BSOD - Posting Instructions

Cheers /Boris *Smile

BorisTheAnimal, Jan 20, 2016
Thema:

System Freezes While Under Load

1. System Freezes While Under Load - Similar Threads - System Freezes While

2. System Idle Process while CPU under load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Idle Process while CPU under load: I understand why Task Manager / Details will show System Idle Process taking a large share of the the CPU activity when the CPU activity is very low. But that is not what I am experiencing at the moment.I am currently running some Excel VBA macros, which will take a few hours...
  3. System Idle Process while CPU under load

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Idle Process while CPU under load: I understand why Task Manager / Details will show System Idle Process taking a large share of the the CPU activity when the CPU activity is very low. But that is not what I am experiencing at the moment.I am currently running some Excel VBA macros, which will take a few hours...
  4. System Idle Process while CPU under load

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR while gaming under load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR while gaming under load: Hi,About a week ago my computer started randomly crashing while playing video games with the error code WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. It only occurs during more difficult to run games like Apex Legends and Shadow of the Tomb Raider. So far it hasn't crashed during normal use such...
  6. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR while gaming under load

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR while gaming under load: Hi,About a week ago my computer started randomly crashing while playing video games with the error code WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. It only occurs during more difficult to run games like Apex Legends and Shadow of the Tomb Raider. So far it hasn't crashed during normal use such...
  7. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR while gaming under load

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Freezing Under Load

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Freezing Under Load: Hello, I have a custom built windows 10 gaming pc. My pc is “freezing” under load. However, I am still able access the start menu. All drivers are up to date. Specs: OS: Windows 10 1909 MB: MSI B350 Tomahawk Ram: 16GB DDR4 CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600x (not overclocked) GPU: Nvidia...
  9. BSOD While CPU Under Load

BSOD While CPU Under Load: Hi All, I've been bashing my head against the wall trying to figure out this intermittent BSOD issue I have. It seems to mostly happening while the CPU is under intense load, but isn't really consistent. For example I played Destiny 2 pretty heavily for a few days without...
  10. BSOD freezing and crashing under load

BSOD freezing and crashing under load: My computer has always crashed frequently since I built it a few months ago. I finally did a clean Windows 10 install to see if that would sort it out but it didn't. It appears random. It crashes during resource intensive games, not resource intensive games, browsing,...