Windows 10: System freezing, crashing and restarting randomly - Processor error?

Discus and support System freezing, crashing and restarting randomly - Processor error? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, Yesterday I started having random crashes and restarts on my PC. It's similar to a BSOD, Except I am getting a freeze of around 5-10 seconds... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MachineGunz, Mar 13, 2020.

1. System freezing, crashing and restarting randomly - Processor error?

Hi,

Yesterday I started having random crashes and restarts on my PC.

It's similar to a BSOD, Except I am getting a freeze of around 5-10 seconds with a crash sound playing throughout the freeze

It doesn't matter if I am playing a game or browsing the web, It can happen anytime regardless of what I am doing.

My system is the

Ryzen 7 1700 with the stock cooler

16gb ddr 4 ram - corsair vengeance 3200mhz

Asrock x370

Asus rog strix gtx 1080ti oc edition

Seasonic prime platinum 850w

I was running an OC on the processor of 3700 mhz and the memory on 2933mhz.

After 2 crashes the motherboard went to default and now the processor and the memory are on stock settings.

The processor is at 3200mhz and the memory is 2133 mhz.

When I go to event viewer - windows logs - system I am getting a few errors:

1. Critical - The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

2. Error - The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000124 0x0000000000000000, 0xffffbc8f8034f8c8, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000. A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\Minidump\031320-15546-01.dmp. Report Id: 09cf501c-3cd2-4e89-980c-59e91bec971c.

3. A fatal hardware error has occurred.

Reported by component: Processor Core

Error Source: Machine Check Exception

Error Type: Bus/Interconnect Error

Processor APIC ID: 0

The details view of this entry contains further information.

4. A fatal hardware error has occurred.

Error Type: Cache Hierarchy Error

Processor APIC ID: 1

5. A fatal hardware error has occurred.

Error Type: Cache Hierarchy Error

Processor APIC ID: 10

Regarding the temperatures everything is fine - The processor is at 37C to 70C maximum.

Any help is appreciated :

:)

MachineGunz, Mar 13, 2020
  2. Mok g Win User

System freezes randomly

My computer freezes randomly, it could be playing videos, games, or merely being idle. All input and output devices freeze (screen freeze and audio as well).

I have reinstalled the system in the SSD but no luck.

I have also tried the SFC scan and the DISE scan, check and restore fix. Just wonder how can I know what causing the error exactly. The event viewer did show some error but errors were about forced restart after the freeze instead of what happened at or
    before the freeze.

Any suggestions are welcome. Thank you so much!

Mok g, Mar 13, 2020
  3. Kamran-M Win User
    System Crashed / Processor Failed

Hi,

I'm facing this issue for several months. I am unable to find the reason for this; as it happens in a random pattern: It occurs at no specific time/duration, no application or type of work is associated with this issue.

When I'm using my laptop:

• It suddenly freezes everything
    • No movement on the screen
    • No error appears
    • All applications, open files/work stops working
    • Keyboard/Mouse doesn't work
    And I have to restart the system again (using power button), to be able to work again.

I have checked the Event Log and found that one by one all processors faced this problem and system fails as a result:

Processor 0 in group 0 exposes the following power management capabilities:

Idle state type: ACPI Idle (C) States (3 state(s))

Performance state type: ACPI Performance (P) / Throttle (T) States

Nominal Frequency (MHz): 2801

Maximum performance percentage: 100

Minimum performance percentage: 28

Minimum throttle percentage: 3

----------------- Update -----------------

I found another common error, which is crashing my system:

This is the error of one processor and the same for the rest of the seven processors:

The speed of processor 0 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware. The processor has been in this reduced performance state for 71 seconds since the last report.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Kamran-M, Mar 13, 2020
  4. System freezing, crashing and restarting randomly - Processor error?

System crashes randomly while using on Windows 10

Hi,

Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue;

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message when the system randomly freezes?
    • Does the system freeze specific to any particular task on your computer?

I suggest you to perform the below troubleshooting steps and check.

Method 1: Run System Maintenance Troubleshooter

System Maintenance troubleshooter finds and clean up unused files and shortcuts and performs maintenance tasks.

Follow the steps given below:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search box from the desktop.

• Select the Troubleshooting option.

• Select View All option and select the
      System Maintenance

• Click on Next to perform the System Maintenance troubleshooter and follow the steps.

Method 2: End the Windows Explorer process and create the new one.

• Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc, under Process
      tab, search for Windows Explorer.
    • Right click on it and click on End task.
    • Click on File in the Task Manager
      at top left corner of the window and select Run new task.
    • Type explorer.exe and click on Ok.

Method 3: Run Memory Diagnostic Tool.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key and type
      Memory Diagnostic
    • Select Windows Memory Diagnostics
      and click on Restart now and check for problems.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of random system freeze for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 13, 2020
Thema:

System freezing, crashing and restarting randomly - Processor error?

1. System freezing, crashing and restarting randomly - Processor error? - Similar Threads - System freezing crashing

2. System crash while gaming: Freeze and restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System crash while gaming: Freeze and restart: Hello, my PC crashes randomly only when playing games. I couldn't detect a real cause of it but have some crashdumps. I'm unable to reproduce the crash myself. Crash is only occuring while gaming. Sometimes I can game for an hour or two long and sometimes it crashes after 10...
  3. Random explorer crashes and freezes on a new system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random explorer crashes and freezes on a new system: Hi everyone I bought a new laptop and decided to try Win11 for the first time. Everything's fine except for some annoying errors:1 - explorer.exe will randomly crash taskbar disappears for a second and reappears2 - when i open action center it will freeze for 0.5 seconds3 -...
  4. Random explorer crashes and freezes on a new system

Random explorer crashes and freezes on a new system: Hi everyone I bought a new laptop and decided to try Win11 for the first time. Everything's fine except for some annoying errors:1 - explorer.exe will randomly crash taskbar disappears for a second and reappears2 - when i open action center it will freeze for 0.5 seconds3 -...
  5. System Randomly Restarts/Crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Randomly Restarts/Crashes: Been having this problem for a bit here and there. Happens once Every few days. This is a new System Only 1 Month Old and it seems to be having what I would call I suppose a soft Crash.Here is the DMP that was put in the LiveKernalReports folder under WheaA few things I have...
  6. System Randomly Restarts/Crashes

System Randomly Restarts/Crashes: Been having this problem for a bit here and there. Happens once Every few days. This is a new System Only 1 Month Old and it seems to be having what I would call I suppose a soft Crash.Here is the DMP that was put in the LiveKernalReports folder under WheaA few things I have...
  7. System Randomly Restarts/Crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Random /Frequent crashing and system restarts

Random /Frequent crashing and system restarts: Hi All - ever since i have upgraded the OS Feature update to Windows 10, version 20H2 - my Desktop is crashing frequently and restarts. In the event viewer i notice many errors: From the application log: svchost 4544,D,22 SRUJet: A request for a node on an empty page...
  9. NUC7i3BNH Random Freezes and Restarts Fresh System

NUC7i3BNH Random Freezes and Restarts Fresh System: so i have been having random restarts and freezes only when my PC is idle. i have used memtest to check RAM and have also checked C:\ for errors using chkdsk. This is a fresh windows installation. I am attaching the windows memory.dmp analysis from debugger. Please help...
  10. BSOD service system error on restart and random freeze in games

BSOD service system error on restart and random freeze in games: Attachment 111543 Started getting random freeze while playing Dishonored 2. Then at restart it would blue screen crash.. any help would be appreciated. Nate 70869