Windows 10: System Freezing from fresh Boot or Sleep after a several minutes.

Discus and support System Freezing from fresh Boot or Sleep after a several minutes. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; HI Guys This is a weird one i have been monitoring for several weeks to try and find a pattern. After startup (fresh) or from sleep by Pc works fine... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by thorrrr, Sep 27, 2015.

1. thorrrr Win User

System Freezing from fresh Boot or Sleep after a several minutes.

HI Guys
    This is a weird one i have been monitoring for several weeks to try and find a pattern. After startup (fresh) or from sleep by Pc works fine for a several minutes or hours then just freezes!! I thought it was the sleep issue but now i notice it does it from a fresh start.

I have also tried using different browsers no different. It can happen when dragging to another monitor but it also happens when doing nothing it just freezes the mouse. I cannot recover i cannot activate Task Manager. I have reboot via pc power button.

I have latest drivers i think also Event viewer report not shutting down properly not sure if that is the crash or what. Please help as i keep loosing lots of work i am on.

:)

thorrrr, Sep 27, 2015
  2. zamiere Win User

Asus X555 (X555LN) sleep freeze

After fresh boot sleep and hibernation works.

After a couple hours of works the system sleep freeze. After hibernating the disk turning off but machine is remaining on, LEDs lighting and cooler fans doesn't turn off.

Under Win8.1 with drivers that Asus provided everything's works well.

zamiere, Sep 27, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Freezing several minutes after boot. No luck after System Refresh.

Hi Kevin,

Continuous system freezing can happen due to several reasons ranging from incorrect drivers for the installed devices or incompatible peripheral accessories. This can also indicate a hardware failure and a possible memory corruption. For us to effectively
    assist you in rectifying this situation, please provide answers to the following questions:

• Before this happened, were there any recent software or hardware changes made on your device?
    • Just to make sure we have not missed on anything, may we know how you performed the system refresh?

Dhavelyn Mer, Sep 27, 2015
  4. System Freezing from fresh Boot or Sleep after a several minutes.

You might try using DDU to uninstall both your Nvidia & Intel graphic drivers and reinstall the latest drivers.

fracking4oil, Sep 27, 2015
  5. thorrrr Win User
    HI Fracking

Are you saying it is display drivers??

I installed the latest Nvidia drivers last week made no change !!!

thorrrr, Sep 27, 2015
  6. That's my guess... I've had similar issues when installing display drivers from Windows Update, Nvidia & Intel if I don't uninstall the old drivers first with DDU. It appears that the installers install new display drivers without fully uninstalling old drivers in Win 10.

fracking4oil, Sep 27, 2015
  7. axe0 New Member
    Please remove / disable startup items from the taskmanager.
    These programs could interfere with the boot process giving you trouble.

Please do the following:
    • Open taskmanager
      • Go to the tab startup
      • disable everything
    • Search msconfig and open it
      • Go to the tab services
      • Check 'hide microsoft services'
      • Uncheck all other services
      • Click apply and click ok
    • Reboot if asked
    See if the problem persist, if the problem does not persist enable in the startup tab in taskmanager 1 item and in the services tab in msconfig also 1 service, reboot and see if the problem persist. Keep doing this until you find the culprit or there is nothing left.

It seems the latest crash is caused by the Nvidia Video driver
    Code: *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys 6: kd> lmvm nvlddmkm start end module name fffff801`b9370000 fffff801`ba009000 nvlddmkm T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: nvlddmkm.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys Image name: nvlddmkm.sys Timestamp: Mon Aug 17 23:58:29 2015 (55D25905) CheckSum: 00C5C116 ImageSize: 00C99000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]
    Please follow the advice from @fracking4oil and use DDU to remove everything from Nvidia.
    After removing everything from Nvidia, check the site of Geforce for driver updates.

8. thorrrr Win User

HI Guys

I have used DDU made no difference the fault is very intermittent i cannot produce it on every boot.

This morning i restarted from fresh after a clean shutdown. I was greeted with blank screen i get this twice a week when monitor is not engaged in boot process. I just soft boot and it pops up as normal.

When i went it everything worked ok until i saved an item in Chrome. At which point the whole system froze.

I have the latest version of Chrome 45.0.2454.101 m 64 bit.

I have added latest zip logs but it is annoying as hell

Dale

thorrrr, Sep 29, 2015
  9. axe0 New Member
    Please remove / disable items from the startup in taskmanager
    These programs could interfere with the boot process giving you trouble.

Please check {windows partition}\windows\minidump and check if there are any recent dump files saved.
    There are no recent dumps.
    Please make sure your pc is configured for small dump files How to configure minidump | Windows 10 tutorial

10. thorrrr Win User
    thorrrr, Sep 29, 2015
  11. axe0 New Member
    Those are the same as in your first post.

12. thorrrr Win User
    Those are the only ones n the folder!!!

thorrrr, Sep 29, 2015
  13. axe0 New Member

And I asked for recent dumps, meaning from the latest crash in this case.
    Have you configured the dumps as shown in the tutorial?

14. Off topic: No offense, but you need to learn to be more tactful and appear less demanding. Peace!

fracking4oil, Sep 30, 2015
  15. thorrrr Win User
    HI Guys

Ok my system is setup for minidump as per the tutorials. But my system has frozen twice and i have had to reboot myself but when checking the folder nothing has been collected!!!!

It froze last night at 18:09 hrs 2 Oct 2015 and again this morning but recovered itself video Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

But the main issue is the system just freezing up

thorrrr, Oct 2, 2015
Thema:

1. System Freezing from fresh Boot or Sleep after a several minutes. - Similar Threads - System Freezing fresh

2. BSOD minutes after system boot DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD minutes after system boot DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: Hello!Every time I start my computer and wait a few minutes, my computer crashes with the stop code "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION"I have had this issue before and I reset my computer because of it. That worked for a few days until a forced Windows update made it start again.Link to...
  3. BSOD minutes after system boot DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD minutes after system boot DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: Hello!Every time I start my computer and wait a few minutes, my computer crashes with the stop code "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION"I have had this issue before and I reset my computer because of it. That worked for a few days until a forced Windows update made it start again.Link to...
  4. Windows 10 Desktop freezes for a few minutes after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Desktop freezes for a few minutes after waking from sleep: Upon waking, the computer is ok for a couple of minutes, and then freezes for a couple of minutes. Happens pretty much every time it wakes.The event logs list warnings that look like this:taskhostw 7484,D,0 WebCacheLocal: A request to write to the file "C:\Users\Michael...
  5. Windows 10 Desktop freezes for a few minutes after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Desktop freezes for a few minutes after waking from sleep: Upon waking, the computer is ok for a couple of minutes, and then freezes for a couple of minutes. Happens pretty much every time it wakes.The event logs list warnings that look like this:taskhostw 7484,D,0 WebCacheLocal: A request to write to the file "C:\Users\Michael...
  6. Windows 10 Desktop freezes for a few minutes after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Windows 10 freezes after booting after ~5 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 freezes after booting after ~5 minutes: Hi,A week ago I was using my computer normally and then I made it in sleep mode. After 2 days I opened it to complete my project btw I was using Visual Studio, Spotify, Chrome, and Node cmd after about 10 minutes it froze while reloading a web page I waited for a long time...
  8. Laptop freezes for a minute after bootup or sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop freezes for a minute after bootup or sleep: My Dell XPS 13 9370 (250GB SSD) runs perfectly fine except after bootup or sleep. It works fine directly after bootup/sleep but after a few minutes the laptop freezes and I can't do anything. After a minute, the freezing stops and everything is fine. The freezing only happens...
  9. System goes to sleep after 5 minutes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System goes to sleep after 5 minutes: ***Modify title from: Sleep*** My HP laptop goes into sleep mode after 5 minutes, even when plugged in. In settings the screen is set to go off in 30 minutes and it is set to sleep after 5 hours when plugged in....
  10. Freeze about 1 minute after boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Freeze about 1 minute after boot: Hello, My laptop runs fine in safe mode - W10/0/15063 When I boot in normal mode about 1 minute after booted the PC freezes - I have tried to restore/reset etc - I do not have - this is not possible. I have run sfc/scannow - no errors Help - where should I start...